Photo

Map of the Month 128

Shane

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Map of the Month 128 (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favourite!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 December 2020 - 08:51 AM

Hello everyone and welcome to the next map of the month contest! We have 4 entries this month, so let's get a move on.

Orithan

Riverbed Temple

IronCreator

A dungeon shrowded in mystery, hidden deep behind the bark of a tree.

Shane

Overworld.

HeroOfFire

For a raided castle, there seems to be a lack of bones on the floor. What, did they get up and start walking around?

• Shane, Jared, Joelmacool and 2 others like this

#2 bigjoe

bigjoe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 01 December 2020 - 12:58 PM

Don't want to vote against myself, but if it were otherwise I would have voted for Shane. Truly epic map!

• Shane likes this

#3 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 01 December 2020 - 10:37 PM

Wow BigJoe did you draw that all by yourself? It looks good.

• Shane likes this

#4 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 08 December 2020 - 08:24 AM

Orithan
Cool dungeon with a very nice palette. This looks like a fun dungeon to crawl through. You did a really good job with detailing this area as well.

I personally do not like those grates though, they don't really fit in.

IronCreator 
A small, but really nice dungeon. Good job on these custom dungeon tiles, they look great. I like the aesthetic of this place, it looks very grand and official.

I think it would be a nice idea to add some more colour into this place though. It's very gray.

Shane
What a nice and diverse overworld! Every area has it's own unique feel and overall it's very aesthetically pleasing!

I love how you optimised the available space in spite of a matching overworld map, f.e. with the castle walls up top or some of the dungeon entrances. It will surely make things feel more grand while playing.

I think one thing to improve would be to change up those "tree borders" a bit (found on f.e. most of the unwalkable mountains). I was never a fan of these, but I think simply removing some of the trees and/or making some a different colour could do a lot to improve it.

HeroOfFire
Superior detailing in this dungeon and it really gives that vibe of an ancient, torn down place. The statues, carpet and lanterns give this grand feeling of a castle, you nailed that I think.

One thing that might be worth changing are those prison bars, they don't match the perspective of the wall.

Overall looks like a fun dungeon to play!

I voted for Shane, because his colourful overworld map full of variety really stood out to me.

Edited by Twilight Knight, 08 December 2020 - 08:24 AM.

• Shane likes this

#5 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 January 2021 - 07:00 AM

And here are the results for the month!

Orithan (6 votes [18.18%])

IronCreator (6 votes [18.18%])

Shane (20 votes [60.61%])

HeroOfFire (1 votes [3.03%])

Congrats to Shane for winning the last contest of the month! Next one will be up shortly as well as the Map of the Year categories.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users