Official Chat Server

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Contributors

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:41 PM

This thread used to be for the backup chat server which now serves as the main chat server, so the first few posts below may seem a bit funny compared to this one.

If you have an IRC client, you can point it to irc.bladerock.net port 6667, and join the channel #PureZC to enjoy the chatroom, or use PureZC's local Java chat.

Links for Mibbit chat:
Link 1 (recommended)
Link 2

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:16 PM

SixLabRats is back up. Access will be restricted from the temporary channel; please vacate it and return to the official server.

#3 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Forum Moderators

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:23 PM

SixLabRats is down again, so the temporary channel is being used again. See first post for details on how to get there.

EDIT: It is back up again. Disregard.

#4 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Contributors

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:01 PM

SixLabRats is now reportedly down according to all of the users who regularly frequent chat. See the first post on details of how to get to chat during the downtime.

This temporary chat channel will remain open until the original channel fully returns.

#5 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Contributors

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:53 PM

SixLabRats, the network responsible for hosting the official PureZC chatroom, has been down for several days now, and the temporary server (bladerock.ath.cx) will be getting a new server node (a second server that acts as a mirror to the main one) on this coming Monday, unless SixLabRats returns before then. If this does not happen, the PureZC chat may be semi-permanently situated on bladerock.

Because it has been three days, since SLR went down, I'll leave this topic open for discussion in case anyone has a lead on what happened or if there's any comments or concerns regarding the temp server.

EDIT: See the post below... when I get around to making it (should be soon). Change of plans in light of recent events.

#6 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:53 PM

Well, for some reason I can't connect to the new chat anymore. icon_question.gif
The link used to work for me, but...

Edited by Cukeman, 25 October 2011 - 11:54 PM.

#7 Shane

Shane

• Members

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:57 PM

It doesn't work for me either... maybe it's down? Now we have to make a temporary temporary chat . icon_razz.gif

*shot*

#8 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:06 AM

sigtau should figure it out in the morning. He's usually prompt about finding out what's wrong, but at these hours he's asleep (it's 2AM in his timezone after all icon_razz.gif ). Just be a little patient and things should be back up soon.

Aaaaaand hold that thought folks; the server just came back up, lol. Probably minor net hiccup or power outage or something.

#9 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:16 PM

Ohhh, so it really WAS an issue! I thought the chat was just my browser deciding to dick with me for a while when I tried signing in the other night. This is good to know. I'll see if I can stop into the temporary one; hopefully it's actually active.

Edit: Okay, no, I don't like the interface. o_o Yikes. I'll be content to wait until the website is updated with valid routines to access it from the browser.

Edited by Schwa, 26 October 2011 - 12:17 PM.

#10 Migokalle

Migokalle

Weeeeeeee!!

• Members

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE(Schwa @ Oct 26 2011, 08:16 PM) View Post
Ohhh, so it really WAS an issue! I thought the chat was just my browser deciding to dick with me for a while when I tried signing in the other night. This is good to know. I'll see if I can stop into the temporary one; hopefully it's actually active.

Edit: Okay, no, I don't like the interface. o_o Yikes. I'll be content to wait until the website is updated with valid routines to access it from the browser.
Mibbit sucks. Download mIRC, or Xchat, those two are amazing icon_wink.gif

#11 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Forum Moderators

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:40 PM

Just to lets those know who aren't aware, this link can tell you how to connect to chat via. a client. The beginning parts are directions using mIRC, and the later part is using XChat. Choose what you like.

Only thing to change is irc.sixlabrats.com to bladerock.ath.cx

#12 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Contributors

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:53 PM

A minor power sag caused this morning's outage--essentially, the router and outgoing connection had to reboot, which takes about 30 seconds--the resulting DNS updates, on the other hand, take a few hours, which may have been what caused an apparently "extended" downtime--not something I can control, that's how the internet works.

When I have the monetary resources to do so, you'll see Bladerock get its own domain (irc.bladerock.net) and a server that is not home-hosted. Should not be terribly long from now.

#13 Adem

Adem

Water Lizard

• Members

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:38 PM

The content filter I currently have installed won't allow me to access the new chat page. Tellin' me it's a danger zone or some crazy business.

Le sigh. Hope we can get the new channel embedded soon.

#14 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:43 PM

That's... strange. Maybe try this link instead? http://widget.mibbit.....annel=#PureZC

Slightly different layout and doesn't show when people join/quit strangely, but if it works, well... Perhaps download a chat client or find a Java applet somewhere you can switch servers to? D:

#15 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:44 PM

If you load up the java chat on the site, you can simply use the command /server irc.bladerock.net to connect to the network.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users