Screenshots:
372_ocj8yg.png372_ocjooy.png
372_ocmy2b.png372_ocnomc.png  

Over world map:
372_oe54tc.png
  • Jared and Matthew like this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

Credits to GDMajesty for this epic avatar!

• Database Staff

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:45 AM

I tried giving this a fair shot and I'll be honest, I couldn't really enjoy it much. The quest in general plays kinda badly at times, with gameplay bugs in quite a lot of places. I found myself getting stuck in walls when going from one screen to another, and the overall overworld design looks quite bland and too blocky. I'd personally try to fix up the screen design in places by making things look more natural, probably not having mountains, trees or lakes so straight. Maybe try to make more jagged patterns instead of keeping everything all straight. Also, I'd definitely double check your map to make sure you don't accidentally get stuck on the walls when going from one screen to the next, that has happened a few times.

Another major issue I found was the insane inconsistent difficulty. I would heavily advise against putting fire Octoroks and L3 Goriyas in the overworld. I only played the first dungeon before I stopped, but noticed some pretty bad balancing problems there too. The miniboss was insanely long and had some poor enemy choices. Blue Darknuts, blue Wizzrobes and Firerobes are not good things to put in the first dungeon. I'd definitely try to go back through the quest and try to balance out things more.

Overall, it wasn't too great from what I played, but not the worst thing I've played. Definitely needs to improve in most areas but it's a start.

#3 MegaX

MegaX

Leader of Omega GamingHunters101

• Members

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:52 AM

I kinda expected this. When the quest is done though expect it to gain a major overhaul. Final adventure started off as a expairement to test my zc quest skills. After some serious thinking I finally know what I want to do with it so the quest will be entirely different when the full version is done.
  • Eddy likes this

#4 Eddy

Eddy

Credits to GDMajesty for this epic avatar!

• Database Staff

Posted 04 November 2017 - 12:45 PM

I kinda expected this. When the quest is done though expect it to gain a major overhaul. Final adventure started off as a expairement to test my zc quest skills. After some serious thinking I finally know what I want to do with it so the quest will be entirely different when the full version is done.

That's good to hear, good luck on the project!

#5 MegaX

MegaX

• Members

Posted 04 November 2017 - 12:49 PM

Thanks. I would have had time to fix most of the bugs but I didn't realize the expo until a week from the deadline, so I didn't have enough time to do anything with it.

Edited by MegaX, 04 November 2017 - 12:52 PM.

#6 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:01 PM

I just streamed your quest, all I can say is. It's your first quest, so I can understand it's all part of the learning experience.

I'll get the video out for this one as soon as I can. 

#7 MegaX

MegaX

• Members

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:09 PM

I just watch your stream of my quest on twitch and i got to say some of the results were very funny :lol: . The expo will come in just in a few days when i found out meaning i didn't have enough time to polish it up like i wanted mainly due to school and homework, keep in mind i started this quest a year ago when i was 13 years old and i just figured out how to use ZC at the time so i didn't know everything. anyways there i some points i would like to explain/comment on in your stream.

1. Lack of description

Yea i wasn't sure what to put down for my description for example: the ZC version it is made in. Your guess on what version i was using is right on, i am using ZC 2.5.2.

2. Over world design!

Yeaaaaaa!!!!....... long story short, i never planned out the over world design so i just pasted a bunch of blank screens and worked on from there. This turns out to be a big mistake, as soon as i finish the primary dungeon areas (EX: kokiri Forest, death mountain, lake hylia, etc) i had no idea what i was going to do for the rest of the world so i just did some random screens to try to make it good but my efforts were in vein. (NOTE TO SELF: Don't stuff bunch of areas into one DMap.) P.S. i also didn't plan out the over world.

3. Buggy areas (Like the potion shop at the bottom of the map)

It was originally going to be the starting screen but i decided to change it, so i just left it alone just like some other screens that i don't remember. Plus i never notice the bug when i was play testing it so... human error i guess :shrug: .

4. Wrong spawn points (In the kokiri forest)

i though that i put spawn points there but i guess i didn't :blah: .

5. Poor spelling and grammar

Spelling and grammar isn't my thing sometimes. The info person in the forest is suppose to be a man but i didn't realize i did a typo until much later.

6. The shop and the mini games

The merchant saying you would be a traitor is just for humor. I didn't know string-control codes or have scripting power so he won't know if your buying from him. The level 3 custom potion is meant to have 3 uses but i didn't know i require having a script to work. The mini game owners knowing that you have an item that you really don't have is a mistake on my part, again i didn't know string-control codes :awesome: .

7. Dungeon placement

I din't give hints on where the dungeons were did i? well just because i'm nice i'm going to tell you anyways, Level 1 is in kokiri forest, Level 2 is in death mountain, Level 3 is in lake hylia dead smack in the middle right, Level 4 is one screen up from the starting screen, Level 5 is on the top middle of the map, Level 6 is in castle town which you seen already, Level 7 is in the swamp at the bottom of the map, Level 8 is in the graveyard at the right of the map. Hope this helps.

8. Music selection

I wasn't sure on some of the music selection i did for example the graveyard, i didn't know what midi to put there so i just left it blank because i though it would fit.

9. Mini Boss: The Wizzrobe Tribe

I don't EVEN know what i was THINKING when i created THEM!! yea there the first mini boss of the quest, it basically goes like this: fight off four waves of monsters and then fight one of the summoners, with each wizzrobe summons being more stronger then the one before. The first wizzrobe you fought was not don, it was ki it goes in order. Ki, Kai, Don, Omega is the order you fight them in. Your reaction to Don's name was priceless! :XD:  if you want it to sound funnier then say this at a fast pace "oh, you can just call me the Don", give it a funny ascent as well. Don't worry, the boss of level 1 isn't as bad as the mini boss.The difficulty of the mini boss by me forgetting to Nerf the custom enemy stats. But i made so might as well take them seriously and give them backstory. I would take them seriously later on in the final version of the quest, I AM SERIOUS! or else you may have a bad time :P .

That pretty much sums it up really. If you got other problems that i didn't mention tell me so i can fix them later. I enjoyed it though even though it will the best review of it ever. Thanks! :D

#8 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:02 PM

#9 MegaX

MegaX

• Members

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:16 PM

I would love to see you attempt to beat this quest, sure it can be buggy at times but it's pretty short. I was able to beat it in 4-6 hours and i bet you can do the same.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users