#request #sprite

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:43 PM

I've been working on my latest quest and I've come up short on a few sprites/tiles.

I already got some excellent Din sprites from LunarRedMage, seen here.

And I have some Nayru sprites from here.

However, what neither set of sprites has are animations for the characters falling down holes/pits.

I need these, because they're going to be playable in my quest.

I'm also looking for tiles for a small tornado, preferrably 1 x 2 in height. I found one that was 2 x 2 I like in the EZGBZ 2.5 tileset, but I'd rather have the smaller size if I can find it.

There may be a few more things I need and if so, I'll make requests for them here.

Edited by ywkls, 25 August 2017 - 01:51 PM.

#2 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:30 PM

I made a small tornado sprite for Binx. Let me see if I can find it. Wait, 1x2? So, you want 16px width, and 32 px height?

For falling down holes, I usually make the player invisible, and draw their downward-facing tile using DrawTile, scaling it down.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 24 July 2017 - 02:32 PM.

#3 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:54 PM

I'm adding this here (and changing the topic title to reflect this)- I'd also like suggestions for sources of sound effects; since the existing ones for the characters all sound like Link and that's obviously not the case any more.

Besides the sounds for the characters getting hurt, I'm sure that other sounds will be needed at some point. I know that there are games which have different protagonists out there and I might be able to find something fitting from one of them; but other than Metroid; I can't think of a lot with female main characters.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

#4 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:07 PM

In case anyone was wondering, I did basically what ZoriaRPG suggested and scripted the falling into the hole animation.

I still need various sound effects and maybe sprites later, so if anyone wants to contribute; I'd appreciate it.

Edited by ywkls, 03 September 2017 - 10:08 PM.

#5 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:59 PM

What kind of sprites? I've been trying to practice making characters, and if it is something I think I can do, I could give it a try.

As far as sound effects, someone showed this to me a long time ago, and it's pretty cool. You can basically use a bunch of presets to make your own sfx. It's not too hard to figure out, and the options are pretty vast.

#6 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:48 PM

What kind of sprites? I've been trying to practice making characters, and if it is something I think I can do, I could give it a try.

As far as sound effects, someone showed this to me a long time ago, and it's pretty cool. You can basically use a bunch of presets to make your own sfx. It's not too hard to figure out, and the options are pretty vast.

I'm aware of the existence of that program, though I've no idea how to use it.

As for the sprites, this is my tile sheet.

nBfMU4H.png

I was trying to create something to mimic the "Link falling in a hole" sprite, but for each character. At the moment, I'm using a scripted alternative since my efforts had failed.

If you'd like to take a stab at it, I'd appreciate it.

Something else I noted is that I don't have very good sprites for the sort of bridge seen in this screenshot, for inside dungeons.

01AlJSN.png

That's just one example. I'm sure that I'll find more as time goes on.

I should note that while I am working in the Dance of Remembrance (Hybrid) tileset, I have been able to successfully adapt things created in other sets before to my purposes. So if something of that sort turns up, that'd be good too.

#7 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:09 PM

I would rip stuff from Firebird. I've been ripping stuff into GB, and Firebird works with basically any tileset. They have some nice bridges too!

#8 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:46 PM

Secondary sprite request- I need to add a sprite for a main, recurring character in the quest.

While not one of the heroines, she will show up from time to time and acts as one of the people you must interact with as you explore the world.

I wanted to do something similar to one of the following characters, but I couldn't find good sprites for either.

Any suggestions for a possible source for something I can use would be helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users