Photo

The Purist - Issue 1: Welcome to The Purist!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:05 AM

Hello and welcome everyone to the first issue of The Purist! Our goal as a writing team is to bring enjoyable reading entertainment to the people of PureZC covering a vast range of subjects, from Zelda Classic and video games to many other things, such as music, books, movies, television, and many others! We would like to take this opportunity to, with our first edition, introduce you to The Purist's ready and eager writing team, let you get to know us a little better and also perhaps give a taste of what to expect from our writing! So here we go... 

The Satellite:

Hey guys, it's The Satellite, admin of PureZC and founder of The Purist. I'm a guy who loves me some video games, them having been a huge part of my life since before I can remember. I love to write as well, so I am here to write about some video games! Maybe some other stuff but most likely video games. Some of my other writing interests include writing RP and I would like to become an author someday, or perhaps a journalist. And also play more video games.

Some of the game series that have stuck with me throughout the years are Mario, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country, Super Smash Bros., Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Halo, Megaman, and, of course, Zelda. Zelda especially has been a favorite series of mine and an influence on my childhood, my favorite game being A Link to the Past, which I could gush forever about. Maybe in a Purist issue... Just kidding all of you have heard enough of my gushing. :heh:

Favorite games: A Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Metroid Prime, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Shovel Knight
Favorite ZC quests: The Hero of Dreams, Isle of Rebirth, Eiyuu
Favorite food: Bacon
Favorite favorites list: PeanutButterGamer's Top 10 Side Quests in Video Games

Jaghnus:

Hey, I'm Spenser, or Jaghnus as all you guys know me. 

I've been toying with Zelda Classic since darn near the beginning, starting with version 1.84. I've played probably a hundred or better quests from back in those days, and attempted to make at least that many. I've been working on my most recent project, 'Quest for the Trident,' for years and years, just ask anyone that's been on here a while. :P As for things outside of ZC, I love fast cars, craft beer, music of almost all kinds (mostly metal,) video games, webcomics, and the furry fandom. I started working on a webcomic of my own, 'Guardian Angel,' back in 2010, and just started doing it again. On top of that, I'm currently working towards a co-artist gig on Ralph Hayes Jr's comic 'Nip an' Tuck.' 

As for favorites, 
Favorite ZC quests: Zelda's Butt and Dreams of Yesterday
Non-ZC video games: Spyro the Dragon, DOOM, Ratchet and Clank
Cars: 1969 El Camino, and pretty much anything with a V8
Beer: New Holland's 'the Poet' stout
Webcomics: Tales of the Questor, Twokinds, The Whiteboard
Bands: Alter Bridge, Demon Hunter, CCR, Slipknot

Lunaria:

Greetings everyone, I'm Lunaria!

Some of you who have been around since the earlier days may know me as green-kirby, or, if you have seen me on other sites you may have known me under the nick Crys. I have been around ZC for a long time and have had a decent interest in it. It was not until decently recent though that I put any major effort into making my own quest. However, I can't draw 8 bit have been sitting around unfinished for over a year in a near complete state, yet instead I have been focusing on other matters. For example, I'm currently enrolled into a university program in game development, and I aim to go into the indie scene with commercial titles in the future. Which is not too surprising considering I have been an active game designer in various moding scenes for nearly 10 years. It should then come as no surprise that I will dedicate most of my written pieces to providing game design advice to help broaden others perspectives~

Favourite ZC quests: The various Randomizers.
Favourite video game genres: Metroidvanias and RPGs.
Favourite case study: Super Metroid.

Binx:

Hi, I'm Brian, or you may know me primarily as Binx or Lineas. I started toying with ZC way back in the early days of 1.90, through 2.10, but it wasn't until 2.50 RC3 that I really started to get into the Editor and all its functions, partially due to multiple hard drive failures that killed some of my past projects. But, I'm learning ZScript, now, and it's helping me to bring more of my visions to life. Currently, I'm working on two projects: a story-driven quest, "Champion of Eluriya"; and a generic, non-LoZ tileset based off of Dragon de Platino's Koten (with permission,of course). I recently wrote a slightly more in-depth and up-to-date tutorial on the subscreen editor. I'm also in a band called Sunday Funeral (who woulda guessed?) where I play rhythm guitar and share lead vocals. As such, I'm going to be offering my services as a music reviewer, as well as reviewing quests, and maybe occasionally submitting a ZC-related article, if it's something I feel would be useful.

Favorite ZC Quests: Ballad of a Bloodline, Lost Isle, the Randomizer series
Favorite Bands/Artists: Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Judas Priest, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Cure, Iron Maiden, Billy Idol, Prince, The Moody Blues, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Poe, Eyeshine
Favorite Game Genres: Arcade Fighters, Strategy/RPG, Action/RPG, Action/Adventure
Favorite Game Series: Legend of Zelda and PokΓ©mon

Eddy:

Hey there, the name is Eddy (formerly EddyTheOliveira) and I've been involved with PureZC and ZC itself for the last 6 years. I've been very busy with ZQuest over the years producing a grand total of about 17 quests. I began with ZC back in the 2.10 days and I was very happy with the quests I produced. ZC is now one of the biggest hobbies of mine. As of now, I am in the process of making 3 quest projects, the main one being "The Legend of Amy Rose 3: Oracle of the Emerald". I try to be as helpful and positive as I can towards others and I like to have a positive attitude when working on ZQuest, talking with friends, etc. I am also very interested in science and maths, more specifically astronomy, and I hope some day I'll grow up to be an astronomer. The areas I'll hopefully be talking about in my articles will be based on ZC quests through the "Random Button" or any quest I've recently played, or any astronomy related news I can find or hear about.

Favourite ZC Quest: The Hero's Memory, by Aevin
Interests: Astronomy
Favourite Video Game Series: The Legend of Zelda and Sonic the Hedgehog
Favourite Video Game: The Legend of Zelda - Wind Waker

strike:

Hey I'm strike! I've been on PureZC for a while now enjoying this great community. I started Zelda Classic in the 2.1 days and have always enjoyed exploring the intricacies of ZQuest and seeing what I can do without scripts. I have never released a quest but you can play my demo Puzzlezania on the database.

Right now I'm not very active in ZQuest as there are a lot of more important things going on in my life. I'm interested in a wide range of subjects such as, obviously, video games, writing, drama, neurology, physics, artificial intelligence, SMASH!, and a ton of other stuff. I think I'll provide a unique perspective for the Purist : )

Favorite ZC Quest: Puzzle Quest (I like weird quests okay?)
Interests: A lot of stuff. See above
Favorite Videogame Series: Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.
Favorite Videogame: Super Smash Bros. Melee

Adem:

Hey, all! My name is Adam. I've been a member of PureZC for about nine years, and I've been working with ZC for about ten. My list of hobbies is rather lengthy but, primarily, I enjoy writing. Music, theatre, stories, poetry...The works! Last February, my original musical was produced at a local performing arts center and, currently, I'm in the process of writing and recording my first EP. I hope to provide you all with some neat stories surrounding the arts, music, film, and literature. And, of course, video games!

Favorite ZC Quest: Isle of the Winds
Favorite Video Game: Tales of Symphonia
Favorite Series: Tales, Pokemon, Zelda
Favorite Band: The River Monks

DaviAwesome:

I'm David, and I am an 11th grade teenager who lives in the United States. I joined PureZC in mid-2013 and discovered Zelda Classic before that at around January 2013. Ever since then I've been making a few quests, my main one being The Princess' Amethyst currently, and also playing a lot of different quests as I enjoy playing them. While I haven't released any quests yet, I believe my project has received quite the attention. I've been working on it albeit rather slowly due to my apparent limit on free time.

As a teenager, I enjoy playing video games a lot. I find them very fun and entertaining as I'm sure many people do in this group. While I may not be a "master" of any game in particular, I believe I can be very proficient in them as I usually complete a game completely before playing another. I enjoy playing Nintendo games such as Zelda, Pokemon, Mario, and the Super Smash Bros. series, but also enjoy Playstation games such as Infamous, LittleBigPlanet, and Destiny. I also play a few PC games such as Minecraft and a few other RPGs and Simulation games. However, I also value my education immensely which is shown through my dedication to get good grades. Some of my favorite subjects at school include math and science as they both interest me a lot.

I hope to provide some interesting articles related to video games, science, and Zelda Classic!

Favorite ZC Quest: I don't know, to be honest. I just love a lot of the quests that I've played.
Interests: Science, in general, music, and video games.
Favorite Video Game: To me, I'd probably have to be Super Smash Bros. Wii U at the moment.
Favorite Video Game Series: Probably Pokemon and Zelda.

SpacemanDan:

Greetings everyone! I'm SpacemanDan. I've been around the PureZC community for 9 years and even held a moderator position for a time. Prior to PureZC, I dabbled around in Zelda Classic and RPG Maker. I've got a few quests under my belt, with my first being Kamala's Tomb in 2007. While I don't think highly of it, it was definitely a great learning experience! Other works include some really small quests for the heck of it. I tend to do a lot of scripting these days. In fact, you may have even seen some of my stuff in Isle of Rebirth! Currently I'm working on You Played a Quest When You Could Have Been Making One, albeit very slowly.

Aside from Zelda Classic, I tend to play more Nintendo-exclusive games. Aside from the Marios and Zeldas, Etrian Odyssey is a big one for me. Playstation is another side that I tend to play around a bit with, with games like Ace Combat, Dangan Ronpa and Disgaea, just to name a few. And on the PC side of things, Final Fantasy XIV has become my current obsession. ;) Other than gaming, I enjoy watching anime and reading manga from time to time. I've got a big interest in programming as well, which is what I'd love to be doing as a career.

Hopefully I'll be able to provide some stuff that isn't horribly boring to read. :P

My favorite quest is Link's Birthday DX, though I'll admit there might be a bit of nostalgia for me there. I've always felt the game flowed really well and had a lot of fun, interesting dungeons to explore.
My absolute favorite game of all time is a bit of a toss-up between Disgaea: Hour of Darkness and Etrian Odyssey IV: Legend of the Titan. I love both very dearly, but for different reasons that I could go on forever about.

Scootaloo:

Hello nerds, I'm Amber!  Even though I've never really finished any quest projects beyond my 5th Quest entry, I've been a part of PureZC's community for 9 years.  I mostly just enjoy spending my time here bossing y'all around.  Okay, but seriously, I do enjoy working on quests when I'm really in the mood for it or not slammed with busywork.

Let's start from the beginning- I was born many years ago in a log cabin, in the woods.  I don't exactly remember where, but I do know that I wanted a pony.  Never got the pony- as a matter of fact, we had to eat horse meat during the war.  Had a problem with that... Er, anyway.  I've been playing video games for the past 20 years, having grown up with the NES, as well as a Sega Genesis, and moving onto the N64, Gameboy Advance, etc. as the years went by.  Though my tastes are varied and branch out quite a bit, most of my favorite series are either Nintendo's, or those that are heavily prevalent on their systems- such as Mega Man.  When it comes to what I value above anything else, though, is determined by a number of factors: even if it's fun, is it memorable?  Does it tickle my emotions, or make my heart pound?  Does it force me to make tough decisions?  What can it tell me about the real world?  As you can probably tell, I'm very much into the story, history, atmosphere, emotional depth, and structure of games.  Of course, I still feel great joy playing games like Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Other than playing video games and working in ZC, though, I also enjoy taking care of animals (I hope to make a career out of this!), playing tennis, running and playing tabletop games (such as D&D), watching anime and movies, and writing stories.

-Favorite Quests: Hero of Dreams, Pure Quest, Link's New Technicolor World!
-Favorite Series: Zelda, Mega Man, Super Mario, Final Fantasy, Shining Force
-Favorite Games: Wind Waker, Shining Force 2, Final Fantasy 6

And that's all of us. We hope to be able to bring you some engaging, quality entertainment for your reading pleasure during our time here, and to encourage some fun and thoughtful discussion as well! See you guys in the next edition of The Purist! :D
  • Shane, Eddy, Joelmacool and 5 others like this

#2 Avaro

Avaro

Quest maker

• Members

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:50 AM

Nice introductions everyone. The Purist? What a name. It actually sounds like a religious group or something. But who cares :D This all seems very promising. Looking forward to your future writings.

• Eddy, LinkFan212 and David like this

#3 David

David

• Forum Moderators

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:56 AM

Nice introductions everyone. The Purist? What a name. It actually sounds like a religious group or something. But who cares :D This all seems very promising. Looking forward to your future writings.

Thank you! The Purist was a suggestion made by someone that stuck with a lot of us in the Editorial team as the majority of us voted "The Purist" as the name of our group. I personally like it because it is an amalgamation of PureZC and another word. :)

• Avaro likes this

#4 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

JMC

• Members

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:33 AM

Nice to know this website is evolving in a way that other people would like! Also its nice to know that my brother is in another thing!
Heh, Good luck.

• Eddy and David like this

#5 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:46 AM

Great to see that this is finally up! I'm really looking forward to making some articles myself :P

#6 Aevin

Aevin

Lucas, the Reluctant

• Administrators

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:35 PM

I personally like it because it is an amalgamation of PureZC and another word. :)

Pure antichrist.

Anyway, nice introductions, and a very nice spread of people with different kinds of backgrounds. I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's takes on stuff. :)

• Russ, Eddy, Jared and 3 others like this

#7 LinkFan212

LinkFan212

EVERYDAY is a BIG DAY

• Members

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:59 PM

That's a pretty neat name...Purist. Obviously based on Pure, from PureZC (I'm such a captain obvious). Anyways, loved the introductions, great job everyone! :) Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us! :D

Also, would it be ok for the PZC people to suggest topics to talk about? I think it would be a good way to keep it moving and have great feed back from it (Not like your not already going to :P)! 

• Eddy and David like this

#8 David

David

• Forum Moderators

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:16 PM

Also, would it be ok for the PZC people to suggest topics to talk about? I think it would be a good way to keep it moving and have great feed back from it (Not like your not already going to :P)!

I'm not sure; let me bring it up with the others in the editorial team.

#9 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:09 PM

As one guy who can't speak on behalf of the whole team, I like the idea.

• strike likes this

#10 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:52 AM

I wouldn't mind that either honestly, I could definitely go for requests, though obviously I'll have my own topics to talk about too :P

• LinkFan212 likes this

#11 David

David

• Forum Moderators

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:58 AM

After thinking for a bit, I also wouldn't mind if people from PureZC suggest topics for us to write about. However, I also think that we should have the right to decline certain suggestions as we shouldn't be inclined to write about all suggested topics, but I'm sure that most of us would be happy to do it nonetheless. :)
  • The Satellite, Eddy and LinkFan212 like this

#12 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:41 AM

I'm sorry but the name "The Purist" sounds like a cult or something. Owly6Db.png

#13 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:54 AM

Ugh, it is a cult? Duh. We'll need people to pay in blood for future issues

-Brother Strike
  • Eddy likes this

#14 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

is meatball an fruit

• Members
  • Real Name:πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:20 PM

Ugh, it is a cult? Duh. We'll need people to pay in blood for future issues

-Brother Strike

2012-06-04.jpg

• Russ, Eddy, Jared and 2 others like this

#15 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:14 PM

Dibs on performing the ritual sacrifices!

• LinkFan212 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users