Photo

Minus world quest

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 323

• Members

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:08 PM

Since the discovery of a minus world in Zelda 1, I always thought about if it was made into a quest. I personally want to make it, but there is one problem, the staircases. If I made a minus world quest, I would have to watch and make every screen, every enemy placement, and would have to create dungeons. Can anyone make a map for me of just the tiles and send me a video link of the whole world? Thanks.

#2 Dark Linkael

Dark Linkael

Kasuto

• Members

Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:00 AM

There is a good way to know about 100% of this map. You must hack the rom of the original game (US) with a hex editor. Go to the address/line "18410".

TLOZRAM_MinusWorld1.png

This image shows how the map of Hyrule is composed. A "Colors" part for the colors of each square of the map. A "Caves" part for the entrances of caves or dungeons in each square. An "Enemies" for groups of enemies in each square. Then, the "Hyrule" part for the shapes of the places in each square.

- The Minus World makes a shift, it uses a part for something in the game.
- For enemies, it uses the part of Hyrule places forms.
- For caves/dungeons, he uses the enemy part.
- For the colors, it uses the part of the caves/dungeons.

So just copy and paste a part to replace by following the details above. You will get the Minus World. To see all the stuff, use a game editor named "Zelda Tech" after the total change. This method will allow you to create Minus World with Zelda Classic.

TLOZRAM_MinusWorld2.png

If you want to see the map of Minus World directly, here it is:

TLOZ_MinusWorld_Map.png

There is also Minus World for the two maps reserved for dungeons (1-6 and 7-9). Here is the map from 1 to 6:

TLOZ_MinusWorldDungeon_Map.png

I hope I explained things well, because it's quite technical, and I do not really speak English (I use Google Translate).

Edited by Dark Linkael, 07 February 2019 - 02:53 PM.

• Eddy likes this

#3 323

• Members

Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:20 PM

Thank you so much! This will help greatly.

#4 Dark Linkael

Dark Linkael

Kasuto

• Members

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:34 PM

You're welcome ! I am happy that my method is enough for you to realize your project. Do not hesitate to ask questions if you want to know something.

If you want to walk on all the squares of the Minus World (the copy) map in the NES game (US Version), use this code to cross the rocks and trees in FCEUX emulator : F11C:D0

#5 323

• Members

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:21 PM

I have two questions. One, what about the prototype? Shouldn't that have a different minus world? Also, the released Famicom Disk System version. https://tcrf.net/Pro...Legend_of_Zelda

#6 Dark Linkael

Dark Linkael

Kasuto

• Members

Posted 08 February 2019 - 06:40 AM

There are some differences between the NES version and the FDS version, but also for the prototype version. I was expecting it because this area is used for something in the game, but I do not know what for now. There is no link with the map of Hyrule I think.

NES Version :

TLOZ_MinusWorld_Map.png

FDS Version :

TLOZMap_MinusWorld_FDS.png

FDS Prototype Version :

TLOZMap_MinusWorld_FDSProto.png

EDIT : After a little research, I know exactly what Minus World uses as data in the game. There is just one small mistake, the line does not start at 18600, but at 18610.

TLOZ_MinusWorld_Details.png

If you are interested in the prototype of the game, I made in 2011 with Zelda Classic, the first and second quest of the prototype. You will find here: https://www.purezc.n...showtopic=72771

Edited by Dark Linkael, 08 February 2019 - 10:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users