Photo

Sonic 3D Blast is getting a semi-official update (Sega Genesis)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:40 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=K_aal1U7bGQ

A/The Sonic 3D Blast developer is going to update the original game in their free time and release a patch.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 13 October 2017 - 03:36 AM.

• Anthus and Cukeman like this

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:43 AM

I don't want to shit on a guy's dreams here, but.. well, let's see. He says he is going to add:

• Better movement and handling
  • Making gameplay less frustrating
  • Adding Super Sonic
  • Adding the level editor
  • Adding back the prototype crab
  • Save game
  • Updated options screen

That's cool, but none of these address the core issue with this game-- It is boring as fuck. The fundamental flaw with this game is that instead of progressing through stages, you have to hunt down 5 flickies in each, and every stage. The flow of the game is boring, and un-Sonic, and only tries to make up for the fact that they couldn't make a real 3D Sonic then. It's.. sadly indicative of the bloat that would plague 3D Sonic for years to come. Unless they change this, which it sounds like they won't, this game will forever be boring. Not bad, just boring.

Better movement? Sure. Even though, within the world of this game, the movement is not horrible. Bullet point two is what I'd like to see. Make flickies optional. Maybe that's how you get Super Sonic, by getting all the flickies? Level editor? Sounds promising, actually, if you like the game, and want to make levels. I'd love it, if I liked this game. And.. the prototype crab? Who cares? Saving is nice, but, yeah, unless the entire game is "fixed" by making it faster, and not a collectathon, it will never be good in my eyes. This game disappointed me from its inception :P

#3 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:48 AM

I'm a fan of the PC version, I later played the Genesis port and... ugh. As a game it's not amazing, but it's decently enjoyably I think, and the PC graphics/music are sweet. I'd be interested enough to play through this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users