Newbie Boss Tile Layout

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Korben

Korben

Junior

• Members

Posted 23 February 2019 - 04:04 PM

I'm using the Newbie Boss script for the first time and I have my first enemy working correctly, except I can't figure out how to lay out the tiles and combos for an enemy that is 2x2 tiles large and 4 frames 4 directions.

Edited by Korben, 23 February 2019 - 04:04 PM.

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 23 February 2019 - 05:14 PM

A 2x2 or larger enemy is laid out exactly the same as a 1x1 enemy, you just use the tiles for the top-left corner of the enemy and set A.SkipX on its combos to one less than its tile width.

#3 Korben

Korben

Junior

• Members

Posted 23 February 2019 - 06:22 PM

A 2x2 or larger enemy is laid out exactly the same as a 1x1 enemy, you just use the tiles for the top-left corner of the enemy and set A.SkipX on its combos to one less than its tile width.

As far as I can tell I have it laid out correctly (but obviously I don't or else it would be working). I have 4 2x2 boxes (so 16 tiles total) in a row for up, then the same amount under it for down, again for left, and last for right. I then have the same amount of tiles next to those for the firing animation. The combos are first the top left corner of the up animation, then to the right of that the top left of the down animation, then left and right, then under those four combos and the same thing but for the firing animation. Each combo has 4 animation frames with a speed of 5 and A.skipX is set to 1. Within the enemy editor I have Misc Attribute 11 set to the first combo which is "up". In game when it moves it only shows the up animation when moving, then shows the walking down animation for a moment when firing.

#4 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 23 February 2019 - 07:22 PM

Okay, so this has to do with Attribute 10, the enemy's flags. 

• 1 - 4-Way: Makes the enemy's combos be in sets of four (Up, Down, Left, Right)
  • 2 - 8-Way: Makes the enemy's combos be in sets of eight (Up, Down, Left, Right, Up-left, Up-right, Down-left, Down-right)
  • 4 - Flying: Makes the enemy ignore pits, water, and solidity and be blocked by No Flying Enemy combos.
  • 8 - Aquatic: Makes the enemy's movement limited to water combos.
  • 16 - No Fall: Prevents the enemy from falling in sideview. (Pretty much necessary for sideview ATM)
  • 32 - Explode on Death: Makes the enemy explode when it dies.
  • 64 - Face Link: Makes the enemy face Link while moving.
  • 128 - Unblockable: Makes all the enemy's projectiles unblockable.
  • 256 - Knockback Enabled: The enemy takes knockback when hit

In order to use different combos for different directions, you need either 1 or 2 added onto the enemy's Attribute 10 to enable that flag.

• Bagu likes this

#5 Korben

Korben

Junior

• Members

Posted 23 February 2019 - 07:34 PM

Okay, so this has to do with Attribute 10, the enemy's flags. 

In order to use different combos for different directions, you need either 1 or 2 added onto the enemy's Attribute 10 to enable that flag.

Got it, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users