Photo

Screenshot of the Week 192

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 192 (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite Screen Shot of this Week!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:15 PM

Well, I mean, it shouldn't take too long to recreate. Not as long as it took me to make it the first time >.>

#32 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:28 PM

What's so bad about making a screen just for SoTW?

If you'd just made a new tileset and wanted to show it off or something, that's OK isn't it?

#33 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:49 PM

If you make a tileset and show a screen in SotW then that's different (better) than making a screen just so you have a screen for SotW. It's like stealing votes. By default, when you make something, you decide to take a snapshot of it and submit it to SotW. Screens here are snapshots of works being done currently.
Making a screen just for submitting it to SotW is like running to the basketball field while a match is in play, stealing the ball and trying to throw it into the basket AND getting points if you succeed.

It's almost like making a screen just so you can have it in Official Screenshot Thread...

#34 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:03 PM

Umm, about 90% of the screens I enter into SotW are made just to enter the contest. I enjoy being competitive and find it fun to enter SotW. And since I don't make quests anymore 100% of all screens I enter into SotW from now on will be only for the purpose of entering SotW.

#35 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:17 PM

I knew you'd come to say this. But as you said, you experiment with tiles, palettes and designs. Showing the result in SotW is completely OK.

#36 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:24 PM

...Its "Screenshot" of the Week, not the Official Quest Screenshot Topic. People have been making screens just for the competition since it started.

Anyways, MoonWhisper wins this week by a long shot. Congrats. SoTW 193 and SoTM 47 starts tomorrow, so good luck to those who are participating.

#37 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:59 PM

Congrats on the win Moony. icon_wink.gif

Hope to see some good competition tomorrow too. icon_wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users