Photo

Screenshot of the Week 227

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 227 (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:43 PM

TriMaster all the way.
I really like the palette and the palm trees.

#17 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:21 PM

Zeeliam - Well to be honest... I don't really like it. There's very little detail, plus the fact that it uses the BS Tileset. icon_confused.gif Not my cup o' tea, sorry.
T.Platinum - It's ok, but something about it just seems... Off. Maybe it's the blue plants? Maybe it's just the fact that it uses the Pure set. Heh, and like you said: 'How original'. icon_heh.gif
gray0x/Lithium - I gotta say, I love the use of the original GB graphics. It's not something people would normally use. Good work on that. icon_smile.gif
Dawnlight - Yes, who says Pure is too plain? You've done an excellent job with this. I love the assortment of ground tiles, and the new trees, and I see you've got transparent water. I love the pallette too. icon_cool.gif

Dawnlight got my vote. icon_smile.gif

#18 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:15 PM

I am going to have to go with Dawnlight. Excellent shot.

#19 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:18 PM

T. Platinum- Nothing too bad here, but nothing special either. The design and detail could use work, it looks a bit incoherent. Keep practicing!

Gray0x- The idea of a four-color quest was very cool at first, but seeing countless screens from it makes it seem very plane. I'd seriously consider making different areas have different color schemes if I were you. The design of the screen isn't bad, but there's not too much detail. (I know GB dungeons are hard to get detail on, but that doesn't make it look any better.) Oh yeah, and let's be civil about people commenting on transparent water, shall we? I mean, seriously. He liked a shot that had transparent water and said so. It's not a crime.

Dawnlight- Very cool looking shot, vote goes here. However, the water looks like a gray-ish-blue-ish veil over imprinted ground, it doesn't look very water-y. Maybe you should put some ripples or waves in to make it seem more like water.

#20 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE(LostInHyru1e @ Sep 9 2008, 04:18 PM) View Post

Gray0x- The idea of a four-color quest was very cool at first, but seeing countless screens from it makes it seem very plane. I'd seriously consider making different areas have different color schemes if I were you. The design of the screen isn't bad, but there's not too much detail. (I know GB dungeons are hard to get detail on, but that doesn't make it look any better.)

Yeah, yeah, a 4 color quest with more than 4 colors! Brilliant! How come I never thought of that? icon_clap.gif
And the idea is plain and not cool now that I have a few screens done, eh?

#21 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:16 PM

The thing is, the sepia-tone puts a really good atmosphere in but then it gets boring. All I'm saying is, why not put a different, non-sepia four colors in different areas? It wouldn't have to be any higher resolution.

Oh yeah, and if you cuss at somebody who doesn't give constructive criticism and then mock somebody who does you look like a hypocrite.

#22 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:25 PM

Well I'm sorry you think that it's boring. Don't play it when it's done if that's what you wish. But this quest is 4 colors. Not 5, not 6, not 8, but 4. Please understand.

#23 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:37 PM

T.platinum- The shot looks fine, not the best, but not the worst.

Gray0x- The shot looks a little boring, the first shot I saw of your 4 color quest
was cool, but it is getting a little old. icon_wacky.gif

Dawnlight- NICE WORK!! It is a GREAT SHOT!!!!!! icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

#24 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Sep 8 2008, 02:54 AM) View Post

gray0x:
Grayscale GB chapel. Nice and full.

Not making any complaints here but, didn't you say before that you hated symmetrical screenshots?

#25 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:11 PM

Zeeliam [3] ** [6.67%]
T. Platinum [1] ** [2.22%]
gray0x/Lithium [14] ** [31.11%]
Dawnlight [27] ** [60.00%]
Total Votes: 45

With 27 votes, Dawnlight is your winner for this week's SotW. Congrats, Dawnlight! I will be posting SotW 228 in a couple minutes. And wow! It is going to be a good SotW week!

#26 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:20 PM

Only because I'm in it, Shoelace. icon_wink.gif Congrats on a healthy win, Dawnlight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users