4 replies to this topic

#1 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:32 PM

*Hiya you're been busy huh ?
*i have a request to ask.
*You see... a certain quest have a dark rooms that the fire rod can lit a little bit a dark room (like banana quest). Well i do like to use those scripts (i don't know if it's global or not )

FireRod item script for the custom itemclasse

and maybe Dark Room (ffc or global) and then use the Script 3 (100) combo flag to lit the room a little bite (for a torchs for exemple.)

#2 ZoriaRPG

ZoriaRPG

ZC Contributor & Wiki Editor

• Members

Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:01 AM

I have a fire rod script for the Z3 header pack, but it depends on quite a few things. Dark Room + Fire Rod must be global.

The general form of it, is:

Draw a black rectangle to a bitmap target.
Use a global loop to track all flag based light sources.
Use a global timer to include a flicker effect.
Use a global for loop to track all fire lweapons.
Decide on a base intensity of illumination for the flags, and for the lweapons.
Create an item that fires a specific script lweapon type, that you are tracking.
If that collides with a trigger, change the combo to a flame combo and add the flag to it.
If it collides with an enemy, generate a flame weapon on the enemy.
Draw colour 0 circles to the various tracked flag and weapon positions on the bitmap.
These are sized based on the intensity value, and modified by the timers, to produce an 'aura' effct.
Blit that bitmap to layer 6 or 7 of the screen.

Note also that ZC 2.50.x (and 2.53) cannot do translucent blits, so the 'dark' area will be solid black. 2.54 and above, can do translucent blits. Look forward to that, around the 'holiday season'.

I believe that there is a section in this video that showcases how this looks, and works.

https://m.youtube.co...1&v=6LRTAq-phgU

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 16 September 2017 - 01:04 AM.

#3 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:41 PM

good. 

#4 ZoriaRPG

ZoriaRPG

ZC Contributor & Wiki Editor

• Members

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:47 AM

good. 

Sans, if you can't detail precisely how you want it to work, I cannot help you. Please re-read the post above, and scan the parts that detail what you need to supply.

#5 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:59 AM

Well simply the dark room where the light stay and follow Link's position and on torchs too.
The fire rod could be a update version of the candle and then lit up the distence torch.
I was planing to use it to make the only weapon usefull against a boss (the Ice Golem) with 2 phase that the first phase the fire rod is the only way to defeat his first phase. His 2 phase after the golem's died could be a giant darknut and his shield must be destroyed (10 hits) before use the sword.

I was planning that but i don't find good boss for this.

Anyway the fire rod could be compatible with the dark room script. If Link let charge the fire rod the player could see the dark room a little more better.

The fire rod when Link finish to charge the rod he'll throw many fires that can be usefull for some puzzles. (The Wand (Magic) flag could works) however i cannot make that as the wand type cause i already use the wand type for the deku leaf.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users