• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

Since I can't find ANY sprites of Amy Rose I'm needing someone to be able to draw or rip any playable character sprites of Amy Rose that would be usable in the Pure Set Extreme tileset. I'm gonna use RC3 for this project so I'm gonna need to have Amy Rose for quite a lot of things such as Jumping, Swimming, Slash, Pickup Item etc.

So I hope you don't mind if you would be kind enough to draw or rip any Amy Rose sprites for Pure. You don't have to worry about the tunic colours since she'll remain the same for every defence upgrade.

Also, I'll have to use the normal Pure Set Extreme Link tiles until somebody draws up some 16x16 Amy player sprites.

Thanks.

EDIT: How did I manage to get the topic title wrong? 'and' is meant to say 'are' to prevent any confusion.

Edited by Eddy23911, 29 October 2012 - 11:20 AM.

• Magi_Hero, Shane, Jenny and 1 other like this

#2 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

Do you already have colors in a pallette for her?

Looks like you need all the playable Link sprites for her.

#3 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE(Lightwulf @ Nov 5 2012, 11:37 PM) View Post

Do you already have colors in a pallette for her?

Looks like you need all the playable Link sprites for her.

Umm, I don't think there was any on the Link pallette. I might want to go check that again.
  • Magi_Hero likes this

#4 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE(Eddy23911 @ Nov 7 2012, 09:48 AM) View Post
Umm, I don't think there was any on the Link pallette. I might want to go check that again.
No, it's okay; I was just asking in case you had already made a pallette for her.

Anyway, I'm a pretty good spriter. I can look into this. I can take a look at any existing Amy Rose sprites*, choose appropriate colors for the pallette, and then make 16x16 sprites.
(*Even if I don't find ripped sprites for her, I know a fan-made Sonic game where I can get them.)

#5 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE(Lightwulf @ Nov 7 2012, 06:02 PM) View Post

No, it's okay; I was just asking in case you had already made a pallette for her.

Anyway, I'm a pretty good spriter. I can look into this. I can take a look at any existing Amy Rose sprites*, choose appropriate colors for the pallette, and then make 16x16 sprites.
(*Even if I don't find ripped sprites for her, I know a fan-made Sonic game where I can get them.)

Alright then, thanks. I actually have sprites for her already but they are only used for cutscenes and seeing Amy change into Link will just look pretty strange lol.
  • Magi_Hero likes this

#6 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

Okay, I'm confused. Do you still need 16x16 pixel sprites for her, or are you saying you got all you needed?

#7 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE(Lightwulf @ Nov 8 2012, 09:08 PM) View Post

Okay, I'm confused. Do you still need 16x16 pixel sprites for her, or are you saying you got all you needed?

No, I'm saying that I have the huge sprites for cutscenes only, the ones I still need are the 16x16 pixel sprites of her.
  • Magi_Hero likes this

#8 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Thanks for the clarification. I just had to make sure.

Update:

This isn't exactly what you asked for, but it's a step in the right direction: I have ripped and made a sprite sheet for Amy Rose, although it's somewhat incomplete. Since the sprites are from a flash game ("Ultimate Flash Sonic"), I didn't have the tools that make sprite ripping convenient; so, all I could do was use Alt+PrintScreen to take screenshots and then paste them in MS Paint. Here's the sprite sheet (so far):
IPB Image
Just let me know if there's anything you don't understand (like what "pixel minimization" means).

I know you asked for 16x16 sprites; this was the first step towards that. I just thought I'd share this in an update in case you wanted to take it from here; I can still make the size sprites you need, though.

I just have one question:
Which animation style are you using: Original, BS-Zelda, or Zelda 3? (The default for PTUX is BS-Zelda.)

Edited by Lightwulf, 13 November 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#9 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE(Lightwulf @ Nov 13 2012, 07:30 PM) View Post

Thanks for the clarification. I just had to make sure.

Update:

This isn't exactly what you asked for, but it's a step in the right direction: I have ripped and made a sprite sheet for Amy Rose, although it's somewhat incomplete. Since the sprites are from a flash game ("Ultimate Flash Sonic"), I didn't have the tools that make sprite ripping convenient; so, all I could do was use Alt+PrintScreen to take screenshots and then paste them in MS Paint. Here's the sprite sheet (so far):
IPB Image
Just let me know if there's anything you don't understand (like what "pixel minimization" means).

I know you asked for 16x16 sprites; this was the first step towards that. I just thought I'd share this in an update in case you wanted to take it from here; I can still make the size sprites you need, though.

I just have one question:
Which animation style are you using: Original, BS-Zelda, or Zelda 3? (The default for PTUX is BS-Zelda.)

This looks really good! I might actually change the custcene sprites I had earlier for these ones instead (just for cutscenes, not the player ones)
And the animation style is BS-Zelda for this quest, never knew that was the default for PTUX actually.
  • Magi_Hero likes this

#10 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Aren't the graphics for Ultimate Flash Sonic all ripped from Sonic Advance? It seems as though you could have just used Visual Boy Advance and ripped the sprites from there much easier.

#11 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

Can't say for sure. I just checked all the Sonic sprites on Spriters Resource; I saw none there.

Are you sure Amy was a playable character in Sonic Advance?

... BTW, keep in mind that there are some sprites of Amy Rose there, BUT that was when Amy was first introduced, when she was a lot younger, and therefore looked a lot different than the current look.

Okay, okay, nevermind. I guess I didn't check the "Gameboy Advance" section of Spriters Resource before; I checked just now and found the Amy Rose sprites here.

It sure helps to know what section to look in. Thanks, kurt91!
(It just makes me wonder: what sections of Spriters Resource did I check??? icon_blink.gif icon_heh.gif Oh well.)

#12 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE(Lightwulf @ Nov 19 2012, 05:24 PM) View Post

Can't say for sure. I just checked all the Sonic sprites on Spriters Resource; I saw none there.

Are you sure Amy was a playable character in Sonic Advance?

... BTW, keep in mind that there are some sprites of Amy Rose there, BUT that was when Amy was first introduced, when she was a lot younger, and therefore looked a lot different than the current look.

Okay, okay, nevermind. I guess I didn't check the "Gameboy Advance" section of Spriters Resource before; I checked just now and found the Amy Rose sprites here.

It sure helps to know what section to look in. Thanks, kurt91!
(It just makes me wonder: what sections of Spriters Resource did I check??? icon_blink.gif icon_heh.gif Oh well.)

Yeah I think I actually seen that before, don't exactly remember though.

Oh and I might actually use this website for some other stuff in the future, seems quite handy.
  • Magi_Hero likes this

#13 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

Yo, Eddy! How's it going? Sorry for the delay on this; visiting the Expo can be time-consuming.

Anyway, it's coming along great. I got Amy's pallette set up by using the red tunic pallette and changing the 2 blue "shield colors" into pink tones for her hair. I've got quite a few sprites done but still have more to do.

One question: Do you want sprites with her holding the default shields?

#14 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE(Lightwulf @ Nov 28 2012, 01:06 AM) View Post

Yo, Eddy! How's it going? Sorry for the delay on this; visiting the Expo can be time-consuming.

Anyway, it's coming along great. I got Amy's pallette set up by using the red tunic pallette and changing the 2 blue "shield colors" into pink tones for her hair. I've got quite a few sprites done but still have more to do.

One question: Do you want sprites with her holding the default shields?

Sounds like you're doing quite well then, can't wait to see the final result!

And yeah I do want her to hold the default shields, that would be fine.
  • Magi_Hero likes this

#15 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

I thought I had these finished last night, but then, after saving a separate file, I started setting the sprites in Quest->Graphics->Sprites->Link. I then realized that I'd completely forgotten the swimming sprites. icon_doh.gif Also, I realized that the blue shield colors (colors 13 and 14 in Link's pallettes) were also the water colors. *double icon_doh.gif*
Thankfully, I also realized that there were separate colors there in case you wanted to make LttP-style Link sprites with a separately-colored hat (colors 8 and 9). icon_awesome.gif I went ahead and moved the pink colors and re-added the blues in the proper place.

So... here are the results:
IPB Image
I put all these on tile page 3.

By the way, you should notice that I included Link tiles that were missing from the PTUX tileset (mainly the shieldless Link tiles). I didn't check to see if they were in the Loose Tiles database, but I figured I'd keep these on the tile page export for comparison between Link and Amy Rose.
Also, there was an error with Link's north-facing sprites: the left hand was to the rear when the left leg was to the rear. As you may know, when we walk, the left hand is forward when the left leg is to the rear. I went ahead and corrected those errors here, for both the holding shield tiles and the shieldless tiles.
... I know you wanted just Amy sprites, Eddy23911, but I figured that someone else reading this might need these tiles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users