• Members

Posted 15 August 2015 - 12:00 PM

Download

aIuoRWA.png

04zYYbw.png

0vVvQ3x.png

boecYKz.png

xD1QHe2.png

One step ahead awaits paradise and purgatory. Believe nothing save yourself!

• The Satellite likes this

#2 ZoriaRPG

ZoriaRPG

The Timelord

• ZC Developers

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:11 PM

I'm tempted to toss a red wizard, blue wizard joke out there; but Melee Wizard...wasn't that someone's username here for a long time?

I'll give the quest a try, although some additional game mechanics details would be good, in the OP.

• dinosaur rhombus likes this

#3 RedmageAdam

RedmageAdam

The Protector of Emotions

• Members

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:43 PM

I'm tempted to toss a red wizard, blue wizard joke out there; but Melee Wizard...wasn't that someone's username here for a long time?

I'll give the quest a try, although some additional game mechanics details would be good, in the OP.

Yeah, but his username doesn't have a space. It's just MeleeWizard, not Melee Wizard.

#4 ZoriaRPG

ZoriaRPG

The Timelord

• ZC Developers

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:56 AM

I just started on the game...

ancientcave_error.png

Is this...intentional? Pressing the 'B' button in front of that chest, opens a menu, that seems to have been a debug menu of some kind for you. The selections do nothing, and are scrambled item IDs and question marks. Running in 2.50.1 (Build 28).

It happens at every blue chest.

Update:

At 30 minutes into the game, I'm at Level 12, and have passed the first boss. Entering the next deep, I checked the time, and found it was already half-an-hour, which is what I slated for each quest, per day, until I drop a few. I'll likely give the remaining quests each an hour tomorrow, but for the present, this, and Lunaria's entry are competing for the top slot.

Both are similar in nature, and both are similar to what I would've made with TGC is there was more apparent interest at a dungeoncrawler two years ago. Now that the classical RPG dungeoncrawler--with shops, and such, inside the dungeon, and no outer world, I may revisit that for a smaller side project, or perhaps an RPG.zh template quest. .

Good job thus far Lejes!

My only major complaint, is that the text on the Continue/Save/Retry screen is black, on a black background. It makes saving slightly risky, if I was to accidentally select 'Retry'.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 17 August 2015 - 07:29 AM.

#5 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:45 PM

Yes, the save screen thing is pretty bad, but I didn't have time to check if changing the color would mess up a bunch of combos. It's silly that ZC would hardcode something like that, but that goes for a lot of things. The blue chests are equipment change chests, where you can change armor (weapons are available any time from the default subscreen). Instead of coding a menu accessible at any time, I did those instead. You can press left and right to access different submenus. I had some trouble with the string.zh functions, so the text is sort of a garbled mess, but they are actually still functional if you can muddle through it. Once you find some non-default armor, anyway.

#6 Einsiety

Einsiety

~ Blaze Fielding ~

• Forum Moderators

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:52 PM

You already saw my thoughts on stream, so I'll just abridge things here:

I liked it. I really enjoy RPGs similar to this one. It was a bit buggy, but what're you gonna do, it's a 2 week quest. I'm gonna give this one a 3.5/5.

#7 ZoriaRPG

ZoriaRPG

The Timelord

• ZC Developers

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:40 PM

Yes, the save screen thing is pretty bad, but I didn't have time to check if changing the color would mess up a bunch of combos. It's silly that ZC would hardcode something like that, but that goes for a lot of things. The blue chests are equipment change chests, where you can change armor (weapons are available any time from the default subscreen). Instead of coding a menu accessible at any time, I did those instead. You can press left and right to access different submenus. I had some trouble with the string.zh functions, so the text is sort of a garbled mess, but they are actually still functional if you can muddle through it. Once you find some non-default armor, anyway.

If you want to fix these problems, in an update, I'll send you some useful functions to handle them.

#8 Avataro

Quest maker

• Members

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:41 AM

I've got to the third floor, where the gibdos are, so far. I've then stopped and tried the other classes. This quest is really fun and I like some of the ideas there. :) Here's some thoughts I want to share.

I couldn't find any differences between the 3 player classes, other than the tunic colors and the mage having really good MP sustain. This is a big one. What's the point in having different classes when there's no differences xD
The bubble splash spell should have had a splash sfx, rather than no sfx at all.
Moblins keep dropping bows, even if i already have one.
Enemies generally have too much health, especially the gibdos. I did the same mistake in one of my own quests.
The blue mages are very hard to fight against, because it is mandatory to get in their range.
Even when playing as a mage, swords seem more effective in most cases because they do the same dmg as the spells, except against certain enemies.
The bubble splash spell is pretty good though, since it covers quite a big area.
The poison sword is extremely uneffective because it doesnt knock back enemies.

#9 ZoriaRPG

ZoriaRPG

The Timelord

• ZC Developers

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:42 AM

Is there an inn, anywhere? Somewhere to fully recover HP; or must I buy potions by the dozen, use them all, and restock?

I have a max HP of almost 500, but there's no simple way to re-fill it. , and I'm usually stuck around the 50 to 75 range...Thus, if I go into deeps 2, or below, I'm toast in two hits.

Another note, is that I detest shield on R, especially when you can only use it while standing absolutely still. Given that almost every enemy has a projectile, at least let the player move while using it. It's pretty much a pointless item, that players won't use, as-is.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 19 August 2015 - 04:51 AM.

• MermaidCim likes this

#10 Avataro

Quest maker

• Members

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:00 AM

I agree about the shield. Maybe you could hide a passive item somewhere that gives you the ability to strafe while holding your shield.

#11 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:34 AM

Probably gonna play this first. This intrigues me the most. [downloaded a few of the others too]

MY INITIAL THOUGHTS:

YAS

I love this. I would love more quests like this, but the blue chests/debug thing kinda threw me for a loop. I didn't know what i was equipping that would decrease my stats or something. But I love this. Great job.

You can't just go bum rush like most quests, you have to be more tactical and utilizing all your arsenal. 3rd floor Im on now, making it happen.

Edited by MermaidCim, 20 August 2015 - 03:41 PM.

#12 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:19 AM

This was a really interesting quest, with plenty of really cool RPG elements.

There were a few issues though, but since this was made in 2 weeks, I won't go crazy over them. There were a few tile errors I spotted here and there on the corners of walls, and the screen all lack detail, which didn't really make the quest really interesting to look at. The gameplay felt a little repetitive after a while and got a little boring. The new spells and enemies did bring something new and fresh to the quest, and I really like some of the new enemies (especially those Wizzrobes).

Though, I felt that the bosses seemed easier than the actual enemies in the dungeon. It's probably just me though, but I cleared the bosses much more quickly than clearing regular enemies in a room. Other than that, there's nothing else I can give criticism on.

Overall, this is a pretty decent quest. I really like the RPG elements to it, though a couple things didn't make the quest as enjoyable as I hoped. But the quest is pretty good. I'd give it a 3/5. Good effort for a 2 week quest.

#13 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:33 AM

I had the same issue with the HP/MP recovery. There is no inn that I know of thus making it more of an annoyance. And the debug/equipping stuff was confusing.

I'm gonna give it a 4.5/5 despite this. Very solid quest idea.

#14 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Administrators

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:43 PM

Review is up. Really solid, looking forward to an expansion if one is coming.

#15 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:51 PM

I enjoyed this quest and hope there will be more in the future!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users