• Please log in to reply
1785 replies to this topic

#1771 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 24 July 2019 - 05:57 PM

Lovely!

By the way how is the Linked Seasons tileset going.

#1772 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 03 August 2019 - 05:29 AM

By the way how is the Linked Seasons tileset going.

On hiatus for the indefinite future, unfortunately. Got my hands full with other aspects of life so pet projects have taken a back seat.

#1773 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 05 December 2019 - 06:41 AM

Thanks NoeL!!

Been working on some upgrades, it's coming along slowly but I have a WIP shot to show off. This is a mockup despite there being a functional version of the game atm, I'm still testing out tiles to see what I might be missing for certain designs and such. We have entirely new buildings, these are actually completely custom so at this point there's essentially no Firebird tiles left in the tileset except for the little rocks if you count edits. Oh and the fence I suppose is from Firebird too, so there's that. I'm not letting go of that damn fence. >:O

This scene isn't finished just yet, I have a few more details I'd like to add, namely a little gate with a sign, and potentially a few more objects for the garden like some materials laying around etc. but I'm looking for ideas so I figured I'd post it here in case anybody has any. :P

unknown.png

edit: just made some quick fixes

Edited by Migokalle, 05 December 2019 - 08:17 AM.

• ShadowTiger, Nathaniel, Twilight Knight and 9 others like this

#1774 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 December 2019 - 02:08 PM

Great job on those hills!

#1775 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 06 December 2019 - 12:01 AM

Great job on everything! XD The scale makes them unsuitable for ZC but for a game with a better resolution and or screen scrolling they're fantastic.

#1776 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:21 AM

Oh man I don't even want to imagine how annoying these tiles would be to use in ZC. They're not uncomplicated to use to begin with, and that is with a map editor that allows smaller tiles than 16x16 - if the graphics had to be designed for ZC use it'd not just be even more time consuming but I'm sure the tileset itself would *at least* triple in size. So yeah probably not gonna be trying that! :P

Thanks though, glad you all like em! :3

Edited by Migokalle, 06 December 2019 - 07:22 AM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#1777 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 20 February 2020 - 11:24 AM

unknown.png

Feel free to use these. I made them for my game but realized a little too late that they were too small in scale, but they might work well in ZC or something similar. May need to tweak the colors a bit and such, I dunno, but you'll figure it out.

• ShadowTiger, Shane, peteandwally and 2 others like this

#1778 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 March 2020 - 06:12 PM

H4vk8HV.gif

Not for Zelda Classic. Been trying to find a "style" for a game me and Avaro might do in the future. This is just general animation practice as well; probably my best walking animation I've done thus far.

• Anthus, Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder, Eddy and 3 others like this

#1779 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 02 April 2020 - 09:51 AM

I've got another mockup shot of the tileset. I actually have had this 'ready' for a while, those of you who frequent chat will probably have seen it, but I actually had hoped to make it an in-engine screenshot because these lamps looks pretty cool at night, but I've since scrapped this specific map so all I have left of this layout is this mockup. Chances are an area looking very much like this will appear in the game but the layout of the roads and buildings may change depending on how the new city design flows.

I have also made a few recent changes to the lamps themselves, which means the effect we have in place for them right now looks a little bugged because it was meant for slightly smaller lamps, so it just made sense to do this as a mockup. Hopefully going forward there will be more in-game stuff to share, but this does show a fair bit of progress I've made on the tileset. I do have tiles to do elevations in the town so it won't all be so flat, but I didn't have those when I made this shot.

wr2asb26v1q41.png

• ShadowTiger, Magi_Hero, NoeL and 11 others like this

#1780 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 02 April 2020 - 07:28 PM

You've come a loooooooong way since you first joined. This is top tier pixel art.  Which artist/video game graphics inspired you?

Edited by Fire Wizzrobe, 02 April 2020 - 07:29 PM.

• ShadowTiger and Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder like this

#1781 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 03 April 2020 - 04:54 PM

Aww thanks!!

There's some japanese games that have influenced me that I have actually never played, like Trials of Mana, but for the most part I think it comes down to Zelda and perhaps more importantly, this community. We've had some amazing artists here, and I could use any one of you as an example of people who have influenced me but Linkus is without a doubt the person I have learned the most from. He just had a way of giving you those 'aha' moments. Wish I had a list of games or whatever to give you but it's like... everything I like has mattered, and everyone here who's been doing pixel art have also had an impact. I'm worried about forgetting names if I start making a list, hehe.

But aside from that, browsing r/pixelart over on reddit has been a nice source of inspiration and information. Every now and then people will post a neat tutorial or whatever and even if it's something you think you can already do, there's always something to learn from seeing how others would do the same.

• Matthew likes this

#1782 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 April 2020 - 08:31 AM

Wow, phenomenal!

Edit: it's a shame so many links to old content are dead. Would love to be able to look back at the early stuff here. Maybe people have copies of stuff somewhere???

Edited by NoeL, 08 April 2020 - 12:54 AM.

• Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder likes this

#1783 Ghost

Ghost

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:16 AM

I've got another mockup shot of the tileset. I actually have had this 'ready' for a while, those of you who frequent chat will probably have seen it, but I actually had hoped to make it an in-engine screenshot because these lamps looks pretty cool at night, but I've since scrapped this specific map so all I have left of this layout is this mockup. Chances are an area looking very much like this will appear in the game but the layout of the roads and buildings may change depending on how the new city design flows.

I have also made a few recent changes to the lamps themselves, which means the effect we have in place for them right now looks a little bugged because it was meant for slightly smaller lamps, so it just made sense to do this as a mockup. Hopefully going forward there will be more in-game stuff to share, but this does show a fair bit of progress I've made on the tileset. I do have tiles to do elevations in the town so it won't all be so flat, but I didn't have those when I made this shot.

wr2asb26v1q41.png

Just outstanding work. Be proud man.

Wish there were some people populating this town square.

• Twilight Knight and Bagu like this

#1784 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 17 January 2021 - 05:21 PM

wr2asb26v1q41.png

I love it

#1785 DRX Games

DRX Games

Mr Vookz

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 July 2022 - 08:51 PM

more updates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users