The Darkness Within help

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:07 AM

I'm on Palm Island, but I can't find a small key, where is it?

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:02 PM

The small key is inside the Tidal Sanctum, the first dungeon of the prequel. First, you need to go up near the top of the island. A cutscene will play, and you'll get the raft. Take that raft back down to the bottom of the island and use the dock to sail to the Tidal Sanctum. In there, you need to go up, left, up, and bomb through the north wall to find the key.

#3 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

• Members

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:20 AM

Thanks, I just beat last boss, it's great quest.

I like using Dracus and battles against many custom bosses.

Edited by Stray Sheep, 14 November 2014 - 08:23 AM.

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:33 AM

I'm glad you enjoyed the quest! I tried to make Dracus fun to play as. Designing his different attacks was pretty fun (although I made a lot of attacks that I ended up not using because they weren't very fun at all). Out of curiosity, which final boss did you fight? There's three different endings.

#5 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:48 PM

Using Dracus was one of my favorite parts about this game.

I also remember being confused on on palm island. I always felt I arrived at palm Island on a raft or boat, it didn't make sense to just leave again. I remember looking for an hour for some secret as I was still at the time accustomed to the concept of secrets being more cryptic in Zelda Classic (ie: random unmarked push blocks, random unmarked bombable walls).

#6 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

• Members

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:04 PM

This quest has three endings!?

Spoiler

Edited by Stray Sheep, 14 November 2014 - 10:05 PM.

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:35 AM

Spoiler

#8 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

• Members

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:05 AM

I saw all three endings, I believe last battles of bad or good ending route are so exciting.  

Spoiler

#9 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:35 AM

Spoiler

Congrats and getting all three endings, and I'm glad you enjoyed the game!

#10 CyberGamer1539

CyberGamer1539

Lord of Cyberspace

• Members

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:00 PM

Okay, I finally got around playing this quest.  It's pretty good for the most part.  Dracus is pretty fun to mess around with.  Now, in Tidal Sanctum, Hydra's Revenge is WAY TOO HARD!!!!!  Should I be waiting to fight it (I haven't done much on Palm Island), or is this something that I should be doing now? 

#11 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:21 PM

Look around on Palm Island a bit more. If you head towards the Magma Sanctum, you may or may not find a set of armor that makes the Hydra's Revenge fight much easier. ;) The fight itself is optional, but it nets you an extra heart container.

#12 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:01 PM

I started to play this quest just now and i read that you get two halves of a heart container in level 1 (i assume is Forgotten Groves), but i only found one half. Can i go back to it or it's permanently lost?

Edit: Nevermind, you can still use portal to get there. Can't seem to find the second half tho.

Edited by Norzan, 27 November 2015 - 04:35 PM.

#13 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:01 PM

For the first heart container half, from the start of the Forgotten Groves (two screens north of the portal), head right, up, up, up, and bomb your way into the building. For the second, from the start again, go right, up, right, up, into the building. Go up a screen and bomb the north wall to exit the building. Head up from there to reach the heart container half.
  • Norzan likes this

#14 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 28 November 2015 - 11:52 AM

Don't know where the boss key is in Living Isle. I do have a small key and opened three of those yellow gates.

Edit. I found what is i assume the boss key chest. But it doesn't open.

Edit 2: Nevermid, needed a key to open the chest.

Now, i can't seem to beat the boss in that church. Don't have enough air time to last enough to kill it. Is he weak to something specific or i just need a better sword?

Edited by Norzan, 28 November 2015 - 01:38 PM.

#15 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 November 2015 - 03:10 PM

A better sword will certainly help. Arrows also could help if he appears some distance away from you. Your arrows and Light Sword deal the same damage, so pelting him with arrows from afar might be the better strategy, but if you put it off a little longer and get the powered-up Light Sword, that might make him a bit easier.
  • Norzan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users