Armageddon Quest Forever released

• Please log in to reply
404 replies to this topic

#31 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 12 October 2006 - 11:58 AM

OUCH, when a stable final version of 2.11 is released, you should make a sequel to this quest. You have so many great ideas for challenges, you could probably whip up some nasty levels with the new features/enemies.

#32 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 October 2006 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE(joseph_kerr @ Oct 11 2006, 11:19 PM) View Post

Animus, don't get me wrong about gamble dungeon, i just like to get the red candle while i'm getting the sword but you don't have to and they're not even in the same direction. You have to go through all the gamble rooms at the top with the key doors to get to the sword.

Actually, when I saw the Red Candle, I just immediately decided to go for that, first, since I didn't have the blue candle, yet, and the red candle may be useful in combat situations. You can buy keys for 255 rupees each at Kakariko village, right? I usually don't like to buy keys, rather I go through the entire dungeon looking for one.

#33 joseph_kerr

joseph_kerr

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 12 October 2006 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE(Animus01 @ Oct 12 2006, 11:27 AM) View Post

Actually, when I saw the Red Candle, I just immediately decided to go for that, first, since I didn't have the blue candle, yet, and the red candle may be useful in combat situations. You can buy keys for 255 rupees each at Kakariko village, right? I usually don't like to buy keys, rather I go through the entire dungeon looking for one.

If you do want the red candle find the room with the blue knights and wallcrawlers and walk through the left wall.

You can get keys there, there's also a shop next to the broken bridge that you open up by bombing, cheaper keys. Also a shop up by level 9 you open up with a bomb as well, keys are 160 i believe. It's one screen down from 9 and one screen right. Get the glove there in the same shop and you can go straight up there using the passageways. There is also a heart container you can get out of 9 right away for the price of a key.

Ha, i was thinking that boss in the Robber's mansion was going to be incredibly difficult given the circumstances until the obvious solution of staying on top of that blue bubble. Didn't lose a single heart second time around.

Level 9 was still way too easy given the difficulty of the rest of the quest and i guess i was expecting a different end boss or something to make it hard but still a good remake. Great job Ouch.

Edited by joseph_kerr, 12 October 2006 - 05:20 PM.

#34 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:31 PM

I'm at nearly 100 deaths but...i've completed 7 dungeons (where is the map in The Restaurant anyway?). I've got all items minus the Magic Key and Book (I don't have enough rupees) and have 16 hearts. I've still got to beat Robber Mansion.

#35 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 13 October 2006 - 10:52 AM

I think i'm stuck. I can't beat the Patra at the end of Robber Mansion. I think i might have hit a glitch in the game. When I have him down to one protective part of him, I can't seem to beat him and he never shows up.

You also really overdid it on the bubbles though Ouch! I counted like 150-200 total bubbles this game at least.

#36 joseph_kerr

joseph_kerr

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 13 October 2006 - 10:58 AM

Are you playing it in the 184? Seems like that's always been a problem with the 184 if i remember right. I played it in the 2.10 and didn't have any problems with it. Switch your save file into the 183 and it should work fine.

#37 radder1

radder1

Junior

• Members

Posted 14 October 2006 - 12:25 PM

What an exhilirating (and frustrating) quest!

I have three questions:

1. At the the end of the gamble dungeon, there is an arrow on the ground pointing left and there is one square of spikes that is blocking access to the (likely) walk-through wall. How do I get past this? Do I need the boots?

2. Where do I go after the Gamble dungeon? I have tried the Ice Palace, but don't seem to be able to get the food or the whistle. (I have completed Link's House and the Armos Ruins)

3. Is there anywhere to buy food?

Thanks for your help.

#38 OUCH!

OUCH!

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE(Love For Fire @ Oct 12 2006, 08:58 AM) View Post

OUCH, when a stable final version of 2.11 is released, you should make a sequel to this quest. You have so many great ideas for challenges, you could probably whip up some nasty levels with the new features/enemies.

Ver2.11?
I don't Know about it.

QUOTE(radder1 @ Oct 14 2006, 09:25 AM) View Post

What an exhilirating (and frustrating) quest!
1. At the the end of the gamble dungeon, there is an arrow on the ground pointing left and there is one square of spikes that is blocking access to the (likely) walk-through wall. How do I get past this? Do I need the boots?

2. Where do I go after the Gamble dungeon? I have tried the Ice Palace, but don't seem to be able to get the food or the whistle. (I have completed Link's House and the Armos Ruins)

3. Is there anywhere to buy food?

1.You don't need boots.Use lantern well.
2,3.You can get food in Ice Palace.

Edited by OUCH!, 14 October 2006 - 11:23 PM.

#39 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 14 October 2006 - 11:43 PM

Ouch,
You said to use the lantern well in the gamble dungeon on the spikes but I've burn every wall and tile but can't remove the spikes. Any other hints?

#40 joseph_kerr

joseph_kerr

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 14 October 2006 - 11:56 PM

Use the lantern to bounce yourself back onto the spikes and walk through the wall while you are still flashing.

#41 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 15 October 2006 - 05:14 PM

Thanks joseph_kerr I got it after awhile.

Can someone tell me where's the fire boomerang and the mirror shield?

#42 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:03 PM

Forest restaurant. Good luck with that. You'll need the letter from the Ice Palace.

EDIT: Whoops. The Mirror Shield is in the B-Button Pyramid. The Fire Boomerang is in the Forest Restaurant.

Edited by Love For Fire, 15 October 2006 - 06:03 PM.

#43 frog master2

frog master2

• Members

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:21 AM

Where is the ladder?

#44 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:57 PM

It is in the Robber Mansion. It's probably the toughest level though. (except for the forest restaurant)

#45 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:25 PM

So... anyone know how to remove that Flame Gleeok from the Gamble Dungeon?

I finally finished Level 1, have about 30 deaths, got the Triforce from Level 2, as well as the Bow & Arrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users