Photo

Screenshot of the Week 180

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 180 (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 01:57 AM

I'd try to make a shot if I wasn't sick of ZC. Sorry, but nothing from me this week.

#32 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 04:18 AM

Submitted a fairly unorthodox shot icon_razz.gif

#33 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 05:30 AM

I'm racing with time. I start making my SotW screen in two hours, can I finish before next SotW? It gets even more complicated when we think about that it will requre about 20 new tiles... Do I hear the Willy Fog theme?

#34 ferreira

ferreira

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:08 AM

i voted for mudvayne, just cause it looks cool:D

#35 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:08 AM

Evan:

Evan's shot is nice, but I find that the translucency just screws everything up. Yes, it is ZC's limitations that are at fault, but I find that it's better to avoid using a feature that doesn't work properly rather than let it mess up a scene.

I've rarely seen mist done well. LTTP mist in particular is problematic in ZC. I don't imagine that it will be possible to do it justice without some really thoroughly-done translucent freeform combos.

Bowser Blanchette:

A fairly standard BS screen, with a seemingly out-of-place Megaman X reference. Hmm. But I'm glad to see someone's using my BS Link submission. icon_thumbsup.gif

CastChaos:

I've never liked how my mountains look in greyscale. icon_confused.gif And I have mixed thoughts about the screen layout. If my tiles were perfect for all purposes, it'd look good, perhaps, but I don't think that's the case.

mudvayne:

Very nice mixture of tilesets! I'd have to see the lava in mtion to judge how well it works. I do recommend working out something else for making the lava "glow," however. Those translucency tiles are meant solely for lit torches.

You might just want to mess with the palette itself: for the lava colors, make the darks darker while leaving the brightest colors still fairly bright. That's what burning embers generally look like.

Your subscreen is good except for the orange leaves, which look like a mess.

Anyway, voted for mudvayne, all things considered. Yes, I did vote before 180 ended; I only got around to commenting today. icon_razz.gif

#36 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:01 AM

... you're a little late Radien icon_confused.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users