• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#16 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:12 PM

[edit] n/m

Edited by congo23, 30 July 2015 - 03:16 PM.

#17 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:20 PM

yep, the first boss was really hard, it was more easy the boss of the outside box...where is the next dungeon ?

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 30 July 2015 - 04:21 PM.

#18 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:59 AM

Its in a house. You will see a stairs.

#19 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:26 AM

Congrats on completing Slave World, looks like a lot of effort and neat tricks were put into this quest. That said, I'm really mixed about the production of this quest thus far. You may have seen my comment on the database, but I want to put them here too.

• This quest has some really artificial difficulty going on. Unexpected 1HKO moments galore and overpowered enemies introduced before even getting a sword. I mean bombchus? Really? It doesn't help that their explosions are most of the time unavoidable. Why not something simpler like, you know, Ropes? C'mon man this is Level 1, and we don't even have a sword. This is not balanced. And if it wasn't bad enough, try enemies that do 2 hearts damage in narrow corridors. This is not a challenge.
  • I am going to say it, the puzzles dropped the bomb too early. Some of these puzzles don't feel like they belong in the early levels. They're frustratingly complicated, especially the ice one where you get the boss key. I would understand if this was level 8 but this is level 2.
  • The quest was designed with a shield in mind based on the demos, so I see no reason to exclude it. Your reason (based on another thread) was laziness, and that's not going to fly when you're trying to make a good quest. Sorry, it just isn't. Changing one simple element can break almost everything. I would understand if this quest wasn't designed with a shield in mind, but it was initially.
  • I can't get over the fact that Ganondorf is being treated like a loving son. That, and a kid and slave. And Slave World? Maybe come up with an actual name, I mean Holodrum wasn't called "Season Land". And sure, story is not everything but it clearly is some of the focus here.

That said, here are the positives:

• Some puzzles were nice, and fitted their respective dungeons.
  • The "magic" level had one of the best puzzles in this quest by far.
  • "Magic" was honestly a good dungeon overall, and was pretty disappointed that it was a mini-dungeon.
  • The "story" isn't abandoned after the intro, which is nice to say the least, despite me not being fond of it.
  • It has effort put into this quest, and some neat tricks, as I said.

That said, I finished Level 2. I might play more eventually, but I dunno. This quest feels like a roller coaster of great and questionable design. I love it yet I am growing more and less unnaturally frustrated as I go along. I don't know what to say man.

• KingPridenia likes this

#20 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:51 AM

I just put in a update so you start with a shield. 

• Shane likes this

#21 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:34 PM

thanks for the hint, i found it and completed the mini dungeon, i also found the Lv4 and almost clear it,, but i need to resolve 2 puzzle, what mean Au,Cj,Bx,Df ?

#22 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:38 PM

thanks for the hint, i found it and completed the mini dungeon, i also found the Lv4 and almost clear it,, but i need to resolve 2 puzzle, what mean Au,Cj,Bx,Df ?

A = 1. u = 21. I'll let you solve the rest.

#23 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:55 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Demonlink, 31 July 2015 - 10:56 PM.

#24 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 01 August 2015 - 01:37 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by bmc10011, 01 August 2015 - 02:54 PM.

• Demonlink likes this

#25 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:56 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#26 skatz25

skatz25

Senior

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:57 AM

can you further explain the puzzle with the four blocks  Au, Cj, Bx, Df.  I do not understand the logic even after the hint A=1 u=21

#27 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:03 AM

I just applied your update and started my game up again (I'm in level 2), and I don't have the shield.  Please don't tell me I need to start over from scratch again to have the shield.

#28 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:41 PM

can you further explain the puzzle with the four blocks  Au, Cj, Bx, Df.  I do not understand the logic even after the hint A=1 u=21

yes, please, i think i  understand the logic of letters and numbers but i still not resolved it, even if i have the solutions of the additions and subtractions i still don't understand how move the blocks for "enter the solution"

#29 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:47 PM

yes, please, i think i  understand the logic of letters and numbers but i still not resolved it, even if i have the solutions of the additions and subtractions i still don't understand how move the blocks for "enter the solution"

Spoiler

Edited by Demonlink, 02 August 2015 - 03:48 PM.

#30 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:09 PM

I just applied your update and started my game up again (I'm in level 2), and I don't have the shield.  Please don't tell me I need to start over from scratch again to have the shield.

Sadly yes. This is because the intro data is only works if you just start up the quest. There's no way to fix this other then putting the shield in a random spot in the game, however if you look up Zelda Classic Glitches (in the forums) there is a way to give yourself the shield.

Edited by bmc10011, 02 August 2015 - 05:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users