Photo

Overworld of the Year: Tie-Breaker

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Overworld of the Year (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Overworld of the Year

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Aevin

Aevin

Lucas, the Reluctant

• Administrators

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:25 PM

Here's this year's only tie-breaker poll! Since there's only one, we're going to get this done quickly. You have through 11:59 PM Pacific time on this Friday, February 3rd to cast your vote!

#2 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:31 PM

This may be a stupid question, but where do we go to actually see the things we're voting on? Is there a link somewhere like the other contests, or do we have to download and play through the quests manually?

#3 Avataro

Quest maker

• Members

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:40 PM

This may be a stupid question, but where do we go to actually see the things we're voting on? Is there a link somewhere like the other contests, or do we have to download and play through the quests manually?

You should only vote if you happen to have played/seen both Umbral Cloud and NT:CC.

#4 Aevin

Aevin

Lucas, the Reluctant

• Administrators

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:43 PM

Ideally, what Avataro said. Playing the quest or watching an LP would be best.

In practice, however ... *shrugs*

#5 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:49 PM

I wish I could vote for these but I prefer to have an unbias perspective, and in order to do that I would have to have played all quests featured here. This is why I often null in almost every category in these things because more often than not there is always a quest I haven't played. Good luck to those participating though. 

#6 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:30 AM

Unlike the map contests, where you judge a map by the way it looks, this "best overworld" poll also includes the gameplay, so you're supposed to have played the quests in order to vote.

#7 Aevin

Aevin

Lucas, the Reluctant

• Administrators

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:18 AM

Well, I feel like watching an LP or even viewing a whole map somehow seem alright, too. There's something to be said for playing something yourself, but as long as you feel familiar enough with the overworlds in question, it should be good enough for the rest of us.

#8 Dimentio

Dimentio

Procrastinator at heart

• Members

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:33 PM

The only flaws I can think of with Nargad's overworld is that the entire overworld and warping is unlocked way too soon, kinda killing that awesome feeling of exploration that was going on.

Umbral Cloud's overworld, meanwhile, while fun, didn't really stand out that much? I loved the feeling of exploration that Nargad's gave me more.

Voted for Nargad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users