Photo

Screenshot of the Week 660

Sheik TheRock Anthus ywkls klop422 EnnonFenom Shoshon the Elegant Lüt Dimentio

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 660 (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 06 May 2018 - 10:19 PM

TheRock
TheRock.png

Anthus
Anthus.png
"20 Gods made more than 20 screens in Link's latest existential crisis."

ywkls
ywkls.png
The three Oracles enjoyed their vacation, having little idea what lay in store for them...

klop422
klop422.png
One more sneak-peek

EnnonFenom
EnnonFenom.png
"This is what happens when you watch 80's B horror film's first thing in the morning"

Shoshon the Elegant
Shoshon%20the%20Elegant.png
Prometheus approaches a scepter in the lower floor of level 7, The Penguin.

Sheik
Sheik.png

Lüt
Lut.gif
Misery Massacre.

Dimentio
Dimentio.png
GG Anthus

• Anthus and Deedee like this

#2 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 06 May 2018 - 10:23 PM

Great work everyone. null'd out of fairness.

Edited by EnnonFenom, 06 May 2018 - 10:24 PM.

#3 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 06 May 2018 - 10:50 PM

I don't know who to vote for  :confused:

klop422

I still like this railroad tracks theme a lot

Sheik
A nice layout for a lush area

Lut

I think this has the most atmosphere. I made that rain, but I that's definitely not the final version (which has a steeper angle). Also, I suggest altering each "row" of rain by one tile to get less of a tiled pattern effect.

Dimentio

Oh hey, sideways lava falls. Too bad I didn't make any for zigzag textured falls.

EDIT: Voted Lut for atmosphere

Edited by Cukeman, 07 May 2018 - 12:20 PM.

• Anthus and Shane like this

#4 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 06 May 2018 - 11:04 PM

Too many screens to love... Vote me for the easy way out! :D

TheRock: I love this screen. Sky and factories are my 2 favorite themes, and unlike the sky factory screen I made, yours isn't predictable like mine. My only catch is the shadow over the sky on the bottom 8 pixels in zzquest and when scrolling from the south, cause that doesn't make sense, but ZC crops that out thankfully. Vote would have tied between this, Anthus, or Lut's.

Anthus: Y-You're just a poser compared to m-moi. (jelly)

ywkls: I like, but you need to learn how to use DoR grass. The way you use it is boring on the eyes :(

Klop: Amazing screen, just slightly behind my voting trio pick. No complaints.

EnnomFennom: what the fuck

Shoshon The Elegant: Oooooh, factories. The overabundance of red is slightly offputting, but otherwise me likey.  :approve: 

Sheik: I love the design, but the palette is way too bright and DoR Hybrid Link is the worst Link. Otherwise, this might have been a definitive voting pick.

Lut: I love this area. 10/10.

Dimentio: Clearly the winner here. 11/10.

• Anthus, EnnonFenom and Shane like this

#5 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 06 May 2018 - 11:14 PM

TheRock

I have played this screen, and I think it's a fun in spite of looking a little 'rough'. Movement based puzzle are nice to see, and this one fits right in.

ywkls

I feel like this is from a cutscene. That's cool, but the screen itself it a bit.. open? It's not bad, and it get's the job done, but then you got Sheik's shot down there...

klop422

I really like this. I'm not sure what it is about it, but it just looks good. What can I say, I like Classic.

EnnonFenon

The perspective is all wrong.

ShoeShine

I like the factory look here. My only suggestion is recolor those pillars so they match the other stuff, and don't use c-set 1.

Sheik

It's good. It's great even. It looks like there is a small error with the grass shadow towards the upper left, but I have to squint to find a real nit-pick here.

Loot

You already know I love this screen.

Dimentio

May the best convoluted and awkward but still fucking awesome Classic shot win! :P

• Shane likes this

#6 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 06 May 2018 - 11:38 PM

EnnomFennom: what the fuck

:tard:

Ennonfenom

The perspective is all wrong.

Glad some one get's my point. :nerd:

basically kids glove from now on, :w00t:

• Anthus likes this

#7 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:30 AM

So many screenshots.... and 4/9 are from that one screen at a time quest.
Nulled, since I'm in this one.

TheRock- If those conveyored blocks come back to the left side of the screen and actually push you around, that's awesome.

Anthus- Eh. Okay. Doesn't do much for me either way.

klop422- Why is there a compass rose in the corner of the subscreen? Otherwise, I don't recognize the tileset right offhand.

EnnonFenom- Now you've got me curious as to just what movie that was from...

Shoshon the Elegant- And the winner of ZC quest that most looks like something not set in a Zelda universe goes to... also, I'm actually starting to be interested in seeing your finished product.

Sheik- :drool:  (Drools at pretty screen) Teach me, o master of DoR!

Lüt- The rain's pretty good.

Dimentio- I have no idea what I'm looking at here. Is that lava flowing off of a mountainside?

ywkls

I feel like this is from a cutscene. That's cool, but the screen itself it a bit.. open? It's not bad, and it get's the job done, but then you got Sheik's shot down there...

That's because it is from a cutscene.

I wish I had fancy new area screenshots to show, but my overworld is done.

That means dungeons, houses, caves and cutscenes are all I have left to construct.

• Anthus likes this

#8 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:03 AM

TheRock: Definitely an interesting take on a classic sky dungeon. Not too much to say but looks fun to play!

Anthus: A pretty crazy screen, yours and Dimentio's are probably the craziest classic screens I've seen in a while. Looking good either way.

ywkls: Definitely captures a nice ranch feel, I'd love to see a bit more grass variety though!

klop422: Pretty interesting dungeon, it's definitely got an earthy mine feel to it.

EnnonFenom: It's a decent mockup, not much else to say, really.

Shoshon the Elegant: I love the classic factory look, you nailed it pretty well!

Sheik: This is probably one of the best uses of DoR I've seen in a while. I'd love to see a map in this style.

Lüt: I love the atmosphere of this shot, normally I'd dislike shots that focus heavily on one colour but it works well here.

Dimentio: Like I said with Anthus' shot, it's pretty crazy. Nice touch on the lavafalls!

It was a really tough round, almost every shot I wanted to vote for, but I ultimately went with Sheik's. Hopefully you can replace Hybrid Link and default subscreen soon though. :P

• Anthus likes this

#9 Chris

Chris

The Sun Is in Your Hand!

• Members

Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:39 AM

Lüt or the Rock?

I love the colors of the white Tiger, they really draw me in.

That Link (hybrid?) is a no go for me and the ZC transparency is also meh. Otherwise I had for sure voted this beautiful DoR-screen and I enjoy the bright and happy green.

That head looks damn good though it also disgusts me quite a bit. And no chance for mockups if some of the other screens make me want to play the quest. Still, a really good one.

I agree with cukeman about the rain.

#10 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:27 AM

Hmm... I recognise some of these screens... I wonder why...

(I might put in one of the screens from that next week. Also, I think the 1SM actually had the effect of making SotW a lot more popular)

Anyway:

The Rock: I'd never paid attention to this screen before, and now that I do, it's really great. The one thing I'll say is that I'd like it to have more colour, but it functions just as well as it is.

Anthus: Love this screen. I think it works even better in context, which is the only issue I have with entering this to SotW, but it's a wonderful (albeit mad) screen.

ywkls: It's lovely. I agree that it works well for a cutscene (or the right is inaccessible), but it looks rather nice anyway.

klop422: I think this may be my favourite screen from my quest, but I'm not going to sit and gush over my own stuff. Btw, the compass rose is there because I was bad at compass directions, and various guys give you directions based on NSEW.

EnnomFennom: I mean, I like the screen, because I always love mockups like this, but I doubt it'd work in a quest. I still like it.

Shoshon the Elegant: Is that a cutlass in the subscreen? Cool! Other than that, this is a nice factory screen. The thing in the middle confuses me slightly, though I think it's make more sense if I were playing the game, but all in all, it works.

Sheik: It looks great, of course. Fantastic. Only issue is my own, which is that I have a bias for low-bit tilesets, but that's my own preferences, not your screen. Great perspective, shadows, etc.

Lüt: I do really like this screen. Not exactly sure what specifically to say about it, but just know that I'm really liking it.

Dimentio: Again, I think this would work so much better in context. Mad screen, but great. One thing I will say is that the two mountains don't appear continuous (except for that one lava flow over the grey mountain at the bottom), which could be an issue (albeit a minor one). Also, I'm a tiny bit bitter because I had an idea for that screen, but that doesn't affect anything :P.

EDIT: Damn, posted before I put everything in. I'm editing this now, so stay tuned.

Edited by klop422, 07 May 2018 - 06:18 AM.

• Anthus likes this

#11 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:25 AM

Oh man, this is a really massive turnout this week. Lots of good screens to look through here.

TheRock - This is looking pretty neat, the design is nice and I imaging those moving blocks at the top must get quite annoying to navigate through.

Anthus - Really nice design here, the mountain area to the left especially looks really good and I like how the lavafall in the back falls behind the mountains, that's a neat touch.

ywkls - Nice recreation of Lon Lon Ranch (at least I assume this is that place). A bit more grass detail could help, especially near the top-left areas like maybe more flowers or just different grass tiles in general, just to make things look a little less empty.

klop422 - This definitely seems interesting. I'm going to assume that the minecart tracks are on a higher level? I'm wondering if you can walk up there too and see everything from below, that would be very nice. Detail and design is good all around as well.

EnnonFenom - That is one hell of a face to haunt me tonight, thanks for that :P

Shoshon - Really nice factory setting you have going here, I definitely like the detail. I always imagine those weird red blocks on the corners are like something you can use a magnetic glove for probably. Looks good anyway.

Sheik - Really good shot here, I love the detail and design. The palette is very bright, but I really like it that way tbh, it fits the screen nicely.

Lut - Very clean and nicely made here, I especially like the depth you have here with the darker floor tiles and all. It is a bit much on the monochromatic side, but hey it's classic so I guess that is to be expected lol. The rain effects look good here.

Dimentio - Nice continuation of Anthus' screen here, I assume this is just one screen below it. It does look a little odd that the lava is kinda falling into nowhere there, but yeah everything else looks pretty solid.

Pretty tough choice this week, quite a lot of good shots all around. I'm gonna go for Sheik though, but there's a ton of close seconds this time.

#12 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 May 2018 - 03:00 PM

My screen is a bona fide mockup.

• Anthus likes this

#13 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:36 PM

wow, a lot of VERY cool things happening with the classic set here. actually all the screens are quite good, but i'm always a sucker for innovation within classic. to me, anthus has a great screen and the perspective seems more accurate than a lot of other ones, which is tough to pull off. that's where my vote has to go, but really, a lot of good work this week.

• Neppy, Rambly, Anthus and 1 other like this

#14 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:55 PM

Voting and posting has resumed for SotW 660. Let's keep things civil this time, thank you.
  • Anthus, Octorockoncrack, Eddy and 4 others like this

#15 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:58 PM

With 33.33% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 660 is Sheik!

Sheik.png

Congrats!!

Voting totals:
- TheRock - 1 vote [2.78%]
- Anthus - 8 votes [22.22%]
- ywkls - 1 vote [2.78%]
- klop422 - 5 votes [13.89%]
- EnnonFenom - 0 votes [0.00%]
- Shoshon the Elegant - 0 votes [0.00%]
- Sheik - 12 votes [33.33%]
- Lüt - 6 votes [16.67%]
- Dimentio - 3 votes [8.33%]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sheik, TheRock, Anthus, ywkls, klop422, EnnonFenom, Shoshon the Elegant, Lüt, Dimentio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users