Now accepting Moderator applications.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

Due to some recent moderator-related changes, the staff are looking for some more people to join the moderating team. However, to shake things up a bit, we have decided to actually open the floor up to people to actually apply to become a moderator.

As a moderator, you would be assigned multiple forums to manage and monitor for people breaking any of PureZC's rules. You would be expected to be fairly active on PureZC as well as offer suggestions and input for any changes that may occur when it comes to policies and the site.

If you are interested in becoming a moderator, simply create a thread in the Staff Dropbox with the title "Your Username: Mod Application". In the thread, simply state why you believe that you are the best candidate for being a moderator.

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

I know the answer would be no, so I'll save you guys the trouble and not even try. I seriously feel sorry for how many applications you guys will probably have to process, though.

Edit: Screw the rules, I have lemons.

Edited by Pokemonmaster64, 07 March 2012 - 07:25 PM.

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

Just so it's known, we are looking for more than just one mod through this application process, so please, don't be shy, go ahead and appl— submit your application! icon_smile.gif

#4 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

Yeah. I'm totally not applying. I mean look at me, I'm obviously not the moderator type! icon_razz.gif

I argue over mod decisions regarding other users, carry on arguments well past what they should be, and just... lol

(Yeah I'm going for it)

#5 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Mar 8 2012, 12:31 AM) View Post
You would be expected to be fairly active on PureZC

Well s***, I'm out of ideas then.

#6 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:05 PM

I'm active, but I'm also set as invisible to other users, so unless I have a lot to say that day, you wouldn't notice. icon_razz.gif

Edited by King Aquamentus, 07 March 2012 - 08:05 PM.

#7 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

Hm.

You must already have some people in mind to offer this kind of application thing; you just want to wait for those particular people to make an actual written commitment.

If that is -not- the case, then ... God help you.

Edited by Bagel, 07 March 2012 - 08:37 PM.

#8 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

Sure we have people in mind. We are just opening up more options. Sometimes we can't think of what all the good options are. God doesn't need our help at all. icon_smile.gif

#9 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

Actually I think this is a pretty good idea, it at least gives those who are interested a chance to explain why they feel they deserve the position and what they can contribute.

That said I work eleven hours a day seven days a week, I prefer to lurk during breaks. I don't have the time or interest to moderate forums. But good luck to those who apply may the best men/women/hermaphrodites/transvestites win.

#10 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE(Bagel @ Mar 7 2012, 07:37 PM) View Post

Hm.

You must already have some people in mind to offer this kind of application thing; you just want to wait for those particular people to make an actual written commitment.

If that is -not- the case, then ... God help you.

Yee of little faith. icon_razz.gif

This is actually a positive move. Instead of trying to eyeball someone to give the position, we'll be doing like a hiring workforce; a resume, in English.

Surprisingly, we've only had a few. Come on, the worse that'll happen is we don't get back with you on it! Come on, come all! Everyone has an equal chance! If you think you don't deserve it, consider this: Deviance was once a banned member of this forum, and he became staff some time after his unbanning. So don't lose hope. We do reconsider!

#11 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:34 AM

Fresh thinking is... fresh.

This is a great idea because it shows us who wants to do the work, rather than having us select someone we think would be a good mod.

There's of course no guarantees that we'll get applications from people who can be promoted (I mean, come on), but it's worth a shot in my opinion. Good luck to everyone!

#12 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:29 AM

I am very surprised to hear that people can apply to become moderator now. This sounds like a good idea to me, not that I will apply (I can be a troll at times and I'm not interested in general).
I can predict SpacemanDan becoming one, that's if he applies.

#13 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE(Orin XD @ Mar 8 2012, 11:29 AM) View Post
I am very surprised to hear that people can apply to become moderator now. This sounds like a good idea to me, not that I will apply (I can be a troll at times and I'm not interested in general).
I can predict SpacemanDan becoming one, that's if he applies.
I think you should try. I mean, I think anyone who wants to be a moderator should try. As in, anyone who wants to do the job. It doesn't hurt, even if you don't think you'll get it. I mean, I never... ever thought I'd be a moderator. I still have no clue what they were smoking that day, and I've been trying to figure it out ever since, cause if it made them do that, I would love to try it. [/oldlamejokeI'mashamedofmyselfforusingit]

I would also like to see SpacemanDan become a Local, or even Global Mod. Now, I have no part in selecting who gets the positions, but if I did, he'd be a clear candidate.

#14 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:05 AM

I went on ahead and entered. I am very well behaved on the forums and would love to help out with the site in any way I can. Also, Orin XD, go ahead and try, I think you should! But that is completely your decision.

Also, I think it would be awesome if SpacemanDan became a local/global mod. He's a really cool, kind, and all-around awesome person. icon_smile.gif

#15 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:08 AM

As a moderator, you would be assigned multiple forums to manage and monitor for people breaking any of PureZC's rules. You would be expected to be fairly active on PureZC as well as offer suggestions and input for any changes that may occur when it comes to policies and the site.

Rather than that (which is pretty obvious) you should probably have had explained that people that want to moderate will have to be capable of working with people of other opinions and attitudes without getting hostile towards them; will have to take responsibility for the descisions they make (I mean, the point of a moderator is not that s/he always asks some higher staff "Is that alright?" before they take action); will have to be able to accept when they are in the wrong; will have to have grown "a thick skin" on these forums (yeah, it's getting old saying this over and over but it's still as true); will have to have an approriate knowlege of other members (like, you see when someone is just making a harmless joke or when someone is troll baiting); will have to be able to restrain from developing a superior attitude (because on another level we still all are pretty equal as humans --- I have seen mods/staff in your team, though, that fail in that department) etc.

I mean, come on. Everybody knows that a moderator moderates some forums according to the rules. That shouldn't be everything there is to it though (and it is not, from what I gather from Robin when we are casually talking about one thing or another). You should make that clear to people before you ask them whether they want to submit an application.

Edited by Yoshimi, 08 March 2012 - 06:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users