Photo

Map of the Month 13

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

Poll: MotM 13 (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite map!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:13 PM

Welcome to Map of the Month 13! icon_biggrin.gif

This month has brought some great news to MotM! We are now official, and it has its own forum!
I'd like to thank Nathaniel and the rest of the staff for making this possible.

Now, as usual, this month has brought some great maps too! There's three maps this time around, all from some of our greatest mapmakers!

So let's get started, shall we? I know I'm itching to see who'll win!

Zebra Stallion
Some screens aren't finished yet...

Lithium
No Caption

Shiek
No Caption

Now, as you can see, it's three damn fine maps! May the best one win!

#2 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:17 PM

ZebraStallion: I love you
Lithium: Nice
Shiek: I like everything except the palette

Gosh, my map does NOT look good as a map.

==EDIT==
Also, the westernmost portion of my map (The forest) is supposed to have a different palette. I forgot to change that... icon_heh.gif

Edited by ZebraStallion, 02 May 2009 - 02:18 PM.

#3 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:21 PM

I could have sworn that I sent you a map last week...
On the voting side, ZebraStallion FTW.

#4 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE(T. Platinum @ May 2 2009, 01:21 PM) View Post
I could have sworn that I sent you a map last week...
On the voting side, ZebraStallion FTW.

You know, I'm really sorry if that's the case. It may very well be too... see, I just did a major cleanup of my PM inbox, and I may have deleted your PM without intending too... and since I hadn't saved the map to my archive yet, I simply lost it.

I'm truly sorry. If you'd like, you can send it in, and I'll have it by next month, okay? It won't happen again, I promise!

#5 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:29 PM

...you...deleted...my...map..I'LL KILL YAH! icon_twisted.gif
...OK, not really. But sure, I'll have it in and stuff.

ZS, where did you get that bridge? It looks like Alestance's...

#6 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:23 PM

ZS: You know how to use that tileset, which ever it may be :>. However, there's one thing that really annoys me by mostly all designers designing a mountain. Your mountains would look so much nicer if you keep the hight of them by a maximum of 3 tiles. Try to use different 'floors'/'flats' to make the mountain higher. You loose so much space for detail the way it's done. You did this truly nice on one or the other screen but I still see some of those high plain mountainwalls icon_frown.gif. This bridge is impressive but the perspective of the pillars is wrong. Overall I still have to say that you did well. I would have enjoyed to see that forest in this different palette. The seize is impressive.

Lithium: Needless to say that your artwork is as beautiful as it used to be in the contests before this one. You have the same 'problem' I described in ZSs critic with the mountains. You did nice at the mountain on the right bottom corner but most are just high, plain mountainwalls. I don't bother them being extremly squareish, since you're going for a GB style. So well, I can't think of much more to say, you did well, too. I'm a fan of GB graphics, so I enjoy looking at maps made with a GB tileset. The size is impressive.

Shiek: Bla-bli-blub, ich kommentier doch nicht meine eigene Karte, blöd bin ich ja auch noch nicht. Uu.

I really don't know which of you two would have gotten my vote, but that's uninteresting since I nulled being in the poll icon_razz.gif.

I really like this contest. Good idea of yours, Migo. And thanks to everyone who sends his or her maps in, keeping this alive. (Naja, vielleicht bin ich doch schon blöd, ich danke mir selber -.-.).

So long, Shiek.

#7 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:20 PM

I voted for Zebra Stallion. Looks nice! icon_thumbsup.gif

#8 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:50 PM

Wow, they're all really good. It's hard for me to pick, But I think I'm voting for ZebraStallion

#9 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:48 PM

Indeed all three are good. Well designed and all are easily 4 star caliber. My favorite would be Shiek's. I really like the usage of game boy graphics here.

#10 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE(Nathaniel @ May 3 2009, 02:48 AM) View Post

Indeed all three are good. Well designed and all are easily 4 star caliber. My favorite would be Shiek's. I really like the usage of game boy graphics here.

You forget to add ...eventhough 50% of the tiles are mushrooms.
Just kidding, thank you. icon_smile.gif.

#11 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:49 AM

Shiek Map gets my vote

reason it has animals like a real forest has and its the best GBA Map I ever seen icon_thumbsup.gif

#12 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 May 2009 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE(Midnight_King @ May 3 2009, 10:49 AM) View Post

Shiek Map gets my vote

reason it has animals like a real forest has and its the best GBA Map I ever seen icon_thumbsup.gif

Well, thank you, but GBA is a Gb Advance (which would be TMC or FS) and those are (improoved) GBC graphics (to be correct, Oracle graphics)...

#13 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 May 2009 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE(Shiek @ May 3 2009, 03:15 AM) View Post

Well, thank you, but GBA is a Gb Advance (which would be TMC or FS) and those are (improoved) GBC graphics (to be correct, Oracle graphics)...

I mean GBA the whole GBA games rock by yours rock them all!

#14 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:21 PM

Zebra:
QUOTE(ZebraStallion @ May 2 2009, 02:17 PM) View Post

Gosh, my map does NOT look good as a map.

Lithium: what

Shiek: It's not bad, but there are a lot of small tile errors I can see and they way you used those trees in the brush is awkward. Looks pretty bland too.

#15 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE(Lithium @ May 3 2009, 08:21 PM) View Post

Shiek: It's not bad, but there are a lot of small tile errors I can see and they way you used those trees in the brush is awkward. Looks pretty bland too.

The GB treebrush itself is awkward in my eyes. I will recolour the DoR brush any day to use it in GB. The little tile errors are mainly caused by the brush, am I right? And for the bland-ness: Try to explain it a little more detailed please, do you mean the overall feeling with that ugly village like something and the boring palette, or do you mean anything special?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users