Photo

MotM 1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

Poll: MotM 1 (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:46 PM

Hello and welcome to the first Map of the Month here at PureZC!
First of all, I wanna say thanks to the ones who submitted their maps!
I've got 7 great maps to show you today, all from respectable quest makers from our little Zelda Classic community!
Judging by the look of these maps, this will be a hard decision for all of you!
But we should get started, shouldn't we?

I hereby present, the first Map of the Month:

Joe123:
http://img218.images...2/joe123lr4.gif

CastChaos:
http://img98.imagesh...astchaoscn9.png

Moonwhisper:
http://img360.images...nwispheruj0.gif

Migokalle:
http://img360.images...igokalleci4.gif

Pheonix:
http://img399.images.../pheonixxv0.gif

Plissken:
http://img399.images...plisskenhs6.gif

Schwa:
http://img293.images...61/schwabr1.png

Time to vote guys!
Next MotM will be up at the BEGINNING of next month... that is, if I get any maps.
Also, for future reference, could you mark your submission PM's like this: ''MotM (insert number of MotM here) (insert your name here)''... example: MotM 1 Migokalle.
Okay? Thank you very much.
Now, have fun voting guys!
Hope I didn't mess up icon_razz.gif

Migokalle

#2 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:11 PM

Oh, snap I just noticed a top of a tree missing in mine. XD

Oh well, fixed now. Pretty good turn out for the first one. Good luck to everyone, and lets hope this is here to stay.

#3 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:14 PM

Great idea, I was just wondering when this was gonna get on a roll! I voted for moonwhisper, because well I love the GB tileset personally and you are doing a great job on the layout and everything. Migokalle, yours is definitely amazing too. It was a hard vote for this one!! I can't wait to see the ones next month. icon_naughty.gif

#4 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:17 PM

Voted for Plissken. Moonwhiper's and Joe123's were also great though.

#5 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:24 PM

I voted for Migokalle. That map looks like a Mr.Z + Radien Map.

Moonwhisper would have been 2nd for originality.

#6 The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Adept

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:25 PM

Migo,I love that palette. I want to marry that palette and have little half-human half-palette mutant babies. icon_eek.gif

I voted Migokalle.

#7 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE(The Grim Reaper @ May 5 2008, 02:25 PM) View Post

Migo,I love that palette. I want to marry that palette and have little half-human half-palette mutant babies. icon_eek.gif

I voted Migokalle.

LOL!! icon_lol.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

I just had a very strange picture in my head with that one. icon_freak.gif

#8 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:33 PM

Joe123: The shades look like they resemble a path, I like the rest pretty much though. Very decent screen design.

CastChaos: It really resembles a LttP overworld. You also use and design with DoR with a completely new and creative style, which I like about your screens. Good job!

Moonwhisper: I was looking around I suddenly noticed the animals and music inside the forest-ish area. The words "A Link To The Past" shoot into my head directly. icon_ahha.gif Genius idea! Remaking LttP in the Gameboy set is just brilliant. The screens could use a little more details here and there, but that's all.

Migokalle: *cough*OLD!*cough*. J/k. Nice screens and design. Nothing more to say about it.

Pheonix: Nice dungeon layout, though it's not to fancy-looking, still nice, very decent.

Plissken: VERY nice area! There are no big problems to me.

Schwa: Strange map to show. icon_unsettled.gif

After a lot of thinking, I was undecided between CastChaos', Plissken's and Moonwhisper's. But I think I should vote for....:

PLISSKEN! Marvelous screen design etc. CastChaos was a close second though.

#9 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:34 PM

Voted for Pheonix. Question, how do you guys make these screenshots of their maps?

#10 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:38 PM

Joe123:
Very nice forest valley feeling, good colourfulness. Quite open vegetation compared to being surrounded by hills. I appreciate the extra elevation at the northeast. Good palette, nice transparent water.

CastChaos:
Funny how empty and linear my map feels from bird view. But oh well, it's at least ALttP-ish this way. icon_biggrin.gif

Moonwhisper:
It's a real wonder how you emulate ALttP on GB... That map feels exactly as interesting as the ALttPmap felt when I first pressed "X" on the SNES controller... Very nice.

Migokalle:
Extremely nice sour candy palette! The base layout and ground layout are perfect, I love the east elevation and the middle hill, as well as the transparent water. The secret area at the northeast is very nice. A bad thing that stands out is that the big trees aren't randomly scattered, this "distorted double horizontal line" pattern is easily recognizable.

Pheonix:
This "small rooms" layout is very nice. However, sadly there's not much more than base layout. Seems quite boring. I'm so sorry, this layout could have made the perfect dungeon with interactives and decorations. Different things on walls, big interactive areas, etc...

Plissken:
This lava filled mountain region (or mountain filled lava region) is pure awesomeness! Every area part is perfect and makes me wonder how to get there, where to go there. That grass area part at the middle is wonderful. Everything feels great. Congrats.

Schwa:
At first, this looked like a simple sideview area, but the more I look at it, the more interesting it gets. Are those white-blue platforms moving? I guess those pots are slashable. Very nice.

Of course I nulled. Maybe I would have voted for... uhm... well... Plissken.

#11 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:45 PM

Yes, those are fully-functional moving platforms. icon_biggrin.gif

I voted for Plissken. I WANT HIS SKILL AT OVERWORLDS. :O Easily the best Overworld map I've ever seen in ZC. Migokale's was nice but I hated the colors, and Joe123's was awesome but the detail hurt my eyes. (He was my second vote... The map just lacks the level design Plissken's has.)

And of course, nobody likes my map, as usual... *shot* icon_xd.gif Next time I'll go with Hope Island, probably. Lotun Waste looks too much like Plissken's map and I don't want any cheap victories.

#12 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:49 PM

7th: Pheonix- Sorry, but I find your rooms too square and a little boring. Try to add more pizazz to your dungeon shots, kay?

6th: Shwa- I didn't find this too interesting. I was a little disapointed too. I was hoping for one of your overworld maps. icon_frown.gif

5th: CastChaos- Your overwoorld is a little bland and repetitive. The paths are too strait and the cliffs are too strait. Sorry, but I really think you should add more to your overworld. Think TP

4th: Migokalle- Fun, but there are better maps...

3rd: Plissken- Beautiful pure map

2nd: Joe123- Nice detail

1st: Moonwhisper!!!!!!!!

#13 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE(Bowser Blanchette @ May 5 2008, 10:34 PM) View Post

Voted for Pheonix. Question, how do you guys make these screenshots of their maps?

Open up your quest in the desired Map, go to etc-view map, chose full quality and check save bitmap. You can view the Map from Zquest then and Zquest saves it automatically. Recommended to select a other screenshot format than BMP though, rather PNG.
I'm not sure if this works only in 2.5.

#14 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:54 PM

I'm going to love this contest! Too bad I didn't get to enter, I couldn't finish mine up in time. Meh, I wouldn't have won.

Joe- I've seen it before, but I love it. Great map.

CastChaos- Once again, I've seen it before. The old DoR looks kind of bad, when compared with the new one. Some of the parts are repetitive. Still, a great overworld.

Moonwhisper- I actually am a fan of the "Stacker trees", at least when in the GB Tileset. However, those trees look a little too repetitive- if you made every 5th one or so orange, I think it would look 10x better. Still, very good map- and true to LttP.

Migokalle- Great looking field. No complaints.

Phoenix- Too many doors! Ugh, use some open passagesways, man! Despite the fact that all of the rooms individual designs are great, they look way too square together.

Plissken- I'm in love. icon_drool.gif *Votes*

Schwa- Very, very interesting and original map. But I know some of your overworld stuff is fantastic(and more versatile), so why not go with that?

#15 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:10 PM

Hm, for some reason, I can't see CastChaos's or Moonwhisper's. Too bad, because if Moonwhisper's is from TotG, I would probably have voted for it. Well, I think I'm going with Migo, because of the rustic beauty of it. Migo, at first, I though you were crazy not to include GB trees. On a screen by screen basis, it's a mistake. But from a zoomed out view, it looks so wonderful. So realistic. So amazing. Migo, you get my vote.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users