• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#31 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE(blackbishop89 @ Oct 12 2011, 09:56 PM) View Post

Amazing. I have never seen such a great use of classic. The idea of using these cave walls for a dungeon is so great and you have made one awesome dungeon with it. Love the theme of the dungeon. What to do with the mirror shield? I can't find the second key. And what are the superbombs for?

Will you do such great dungeons in your Zelda II style quest?

#32 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:43 PM

Well that 5th one was a nightmare because you did pretty much the exact opposite of my suggestion after playing level 4. icon_razz.gif

#33 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Oct 12 2011, 10:43 PM) View Post

Well that 5th one was a nightmare because you did pretty much the exact opposite of my suggestion after playing level 4. icon_razz.gif

What's bad about that? I had no problems with the graves. I felt so clever when I found stairs under the graves icon_lol.gif

#34 Imzogelmo

Imzogelmo

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:18 PM

Considering the bug fix I was just working on, I pretty much expected the graves to be push blocks for stairs. And I was pleased that it was used so often. icon_smile.gif

#35 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:21 PM

Forgot to mention special thanks to Cukeman to letting me use his enemy sprites from his Zelda 3 quest. icon_smile.gif

Also, did you guys feel the music gave a gloomy feeling. It's the music for the morgue from Shadowrun "the snes version".

#36 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:14 PM

http://blackbishop89...st/dungeon6.qst
That's what I did today let me know what you think of it. icon_smile.gif

#37 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:21 AM

Completed no. 1, but I found no. 2 to be unbeatable. I searched everywhere for a bosskey, and I looked through it in ZQuest yet found no bosskey anywhere in the dungeon. Did I overlook something?

#38 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE(Orin XD @ Oct 14 2011, 11:21 PM) View Post

Completed no. 1, but I found no. 2 to be unbeatable. I searched everywhere for a bosskey, and I looked through it in ZQuest yet found no bosskey anywhere in the dungeon. Did I overlook something?

I haven't played that one, but you can find items in ZQuest with Tools>Quest Reports

#39 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE(Orin XD @ Oct 14 2011, 10:21 PM) View Post

no. 2 bosskey is behind a pillar in the first room

Dungeon #1:
No way to leave flute room if you don't use the boomerang? icon_frown.gif
I didn't like the fact that the Goriyas came back.
I liked the falling pit to darknuts and boss key, and the splitting zol room.

Loved the idea of fighting Aquamentus on conveyors, but why did you make
the sword jinx permanent icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif ? I used the blue potion, but just
got jinxed again. Couldn't beat the boss due to this. Would be hugely improved
if the jinx were only temporary. It doesn't even go away if you die!

Also, if the player misuses the bombs, they are out of luck and can't finish
the dungeon. I recommend using screen create item script so that bombs
reappear.

Dungeon#2:
Beat this one icon_smile.gif
I liked the fire gels, and while the manhandla was cool, I didn't even notice
there was a spike floor in that room until manhandla was half-dead. You
should make the spikes white so I can see them. I found the boss key
right off, I'm automatically suspicious of stuff like that, even if I hadn't
played the previous dungeon. The narrow path between traps was a nice touch.

Also, the room with spikes and like likes, I just stood in the doorway and slashed,
maybe it needs a shutter.

Dungeon #3
Giving up on this for now. I am stuck in the room with the 4 blocks and the 8 block holders.
I put 4 blocks in the holders, but only 2 more appear, how do I get 8 blocks?

This dungeon desperately needs a half-point warp. I kept dying in the room with
Pols Voice and conveyors, and had to start waaay back at the beginning, and with
the health lost in the journey back to the pols voice, it took me like 8 long attempts >:c(
The lava block was a cool puzzle, so props for that. One other thing, one of the pols
voice enemies dropped a clock. and a pols voice froze in mid-air, luckily, my sword still
damaged it.

Edited by Cukeman, 15 October 2011 - 04:27 AM.

#40 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE(Cukeman @ Oct 15 2011, 01:59 AM) View Post

Dungeon #3
Giving up on this for now. I am stuck in the room with the 4 blocks and the 8 block holders.
I put 4 blocks in the holders, but only 2 more appear, how do I get 8 blocks?

This is a tricky puzzle the solution is to push each of the small blocks once, and then start pushing them onto the small block holders. Those regenerate blocks at specific positions. The large block holder that takes 4 blocks doesn't regenerate any.

#41 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:58 PM

icon_smile.gif
Hi blackbishop89

Did you release all the scripts you use in Practice Dungeons for public?

I am very interested in some of the scripts.

#42 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE(judasrising @ Oct 15 2011, 11:58 AM) View Post

icon_smile.gif
Hi blackbishop89

Did you release all the scripts you use in Practice Dungeons for public?

I am very interested in some of the scripts.

The files are unpassworded and most of the scripts are in the database.

#43 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:49 PM

Well the 6th dungeon was terrible and I couldn't beat it without cheats. Ice+windrobes and splitting darknuts+random bombable/walk through walls+HOLYFOODGEDEATHKNIGHTS=one very frustrating level. It felt like you took ever piece of advice we've given you and done the exact opposite. icon_shrug.gif

Also, how is the fire rod different from the wand?

#44 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Oct 15 2011, 08:49 PM) View Post

Well the 6th dungeon was terrible and I couldn't beat it without cheats. Ice+windrobes and splitting darknuts+random bombable/walk through walls+HOLYFOODGEDEATHKNIGHTS=one very frustrating level. It felt like you took ever piece of advice we've given you and done the exact opposite. icon_shrug.gif

I liked the 6th dungeon used some old zeldaplay tricks and never died in the dungeon.

#45 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Oct 15 2011, 12:49 PM) View Post

Sorry you feel that way about the dungeon. Let's address these complaints.

1. Ice. I used slowwalk combos not actual ice combos which I could of done easily since I have posted an Ice Combo script on PureZC somewhere. The thing is this is a Ice dungeon so I felt the water should be frozen. Sorry if If you disagree okay. icon_smile.gif
2. Windrobes. They only appear in two rooms and one of them is optional. "You get the map as your reward." I originally used batrobes but it was too difficult so I remove them. I do admit I got warped back to start a couple times by those damn windrobes.
3. Splitting Darknuts. I will say this... You have the hammer, and you know that right? icon_razz.gif
4. Randomly Placed bombable walk through walls, I was restricting myself to what came with Radien's BS Tileset, so I had to resort to cheap oldschool gameplay to make the dungeons less boring. Now I'm not sure if that's a good idea. icon_shrug.gif
5. Death Knights, actually those are just as tough as splitting dark nuts, only that they don't spilt and shoot swords. Use the hammer again. Oh and they''re Level 3 darknuts and are no where near as powerful as a freaking death knight. icon_wink.gif
6. Unmentioned Like Likes, Learn to press F6 when you get caught by one and pray it works.

As for the fire rod. It's mentioned in the script database but since you asked...
A: Goes through enemies, magic does not.
B: Only goes through bushes and script1 combos. Instead of magic which goes through all combos except block magic and block all.
C: Isn't affected by mirrors or prism combos.

EDIT: http://blackbishop89...st/dungeon7.qst That's the ice dungeon's evil twin. It's a fire dungeon. icon_heh.gif
It features scripted enemies. icon_wink.gif

Edited by blackbishop89, 15 October 2011 - 03:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users