What would you NOT like to see?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#16 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:55 PM

The problem I had with Lost Isle was that I always get "lost". Maybe a less confusing quest can be an idea.

#17 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 27 February 2010 - 06:04 PM

I never got lost, but a lot of the time I was stuck in that "Oh wow, I have absolutely no idea what to do now" state. icon_razz.gif

#18 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:31 PM

I don't understand the complaint about "starting with 3 hearts only" and "too well hidden Master Dome".

If you die and start with full hearts, many people will just die on purpose to get full health. That's kind of retarded. A death must feel like a penalty in my opinion.

And the point of Master Dome is that it is a secret dungeon, therefore it should be well hidden, right? icon_razz.gif

Edited by Peteo, 07 March 2010 - 04:31 PM.

#19 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:47 PM

And the point of Master Dome is that it is a secret dungeon, therefore it should be well hidden, right? icon_razz.gif

I don't think complaining about the secret hiding the Master Dome is logical. Seeing that it's supposed to be hidden well.

No, your using that as an excuse. Of course it should be well hidden, but the way it was executed created a false sense of difficulty. "Well hidden" shouldn't be done by creating a completely, illogical puzzle, that a player would be unable to find without the assistance of the creator. The player was given no sense of direction or hint towards finding the Master Dome nor was the wand ever used to clear away mushrooms before in the game. So, it would be mere fortunate if the player would come across the Master Dome, really. That is unless, like I previously stated, you tell him where it is.

#20 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:02 PM

Exactly. "Difficult to find" shouldn't mean "trial and error" for days on end. Shooting a wand or candle at every small or large tree or piece of cliff or rock in a lake or a fish or a shrub or a corner of a roof of a house or a piece of rice on the ground or a dying buffalo or your mother shouldn't trigger a hole to appear in a cave or a bush to disappear or a tree to burn down or a lake to empty or a statue to move aside or a gate to open or a floor to raise or lower or a cloud to part or a wall to be painted or gazelle to be shot or an Indian to have his land stolen by the white man or a CEO to be caught with his wife's sister or my patio furniture to be stolen for the third time this month or the Master dome to be revealed inside your mother. Again.

It has to be the result of some sort of puzzle. Not repetition of mindless, purposeless things. I'd rather gain a sense of accomplishment after using my head to solve a problem, rather than doing something half a billion times to gain not a sense of accomplishment but a sense of morbid relief that my long and arduous pointless trials are over.

I'm not wasting precious days of my life doing that.

#21 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:07 PM

Wow, you just gave me some wicked ideas to use ST! icon_biggrin.gif

#22 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:25 PM

... Do NOT use my mother in your latest brilliant quests, DFW. I assure you she is rather boring.

Anyway, perhaps another way to go about it, is to give some clues at the very beginning of the game that will imprint themselves upon the reader during the course of their adventures. It's not that imposing, but it's something out of the ordinary that they know shouldn't be ignored.

#23 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:00 PM

1st Quest remakes.

Games with little to no plot beyond Zelda got kidnapped by Ganon, or some silly variation of that.

Less games about rescuing/obtaining items and more about other adventures/quests. Like a country at war with another, or a person just trying to buy groceries.

More side-quests, hidden items, and lots of rewards for the person who wants to go a wandering. For the items, there should be riddle-esque clues to find them, and they should be ridiculously easy to miss. (like in my quest, there'll be a staircase that'll appear after waiting in one room for 1 minute 30 seconds or something).

Less Link.

Oh, and I'd also like to never EVER see any dicks.

#24 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(Lemon @ Mar 7 2010, 07:00 PM) View Post

Oh, and I'd also like to never EVER see any Dicks.

I second that. Never name someone Richard.

However, refrain from using words like that, Lemon

#25 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:57 PM

You know, there is thing I wouldn't like to see, and that's make the Master Dome like any of the other domes you've made. Instead, make it one big "puzzle" as in, a series of steps that have to be done in the right order to get the fully-powered sword. In fact, I have an idea for such a puzzle, so if you're interested, I can let you know what the puzzle and process is.

#26 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:25 AM

The Master Dome in LI was just pure Crazy I manged to get through with only 1 death. icon_smile.gif

Edited by Midnight_King, 09 March 2010 - 05:27 AM.

#27 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:31 PM

[quote name='Peteo' date='Mar 7 2010, 04:31 PM' post='632845'If you die and start with full hearts, many people will just die on purpose to get full health. That's kind of retarded. A death must feel like a penalty in my opinion.[/quote]

I've never liked the 3-heart-continue for the reason that it also penalizes people who save and pick up later. I don't mind the idea of starting with few hearts on death (though I'd bump it up just a bit, maybe to 5.)

As for something I don't want to see? I'm probably in the minority, here, but I'm not a fan of overly complex block puzzles. I don't mind ones that are salvageable if you push a block the wrong way part of the time, but when a single mis-push ALWAYS screws it up it's really not good.

...Pretend my last sentence actually makes sense.

#28 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:34 PM

Oh yeah, I never, AND I MEAN NEVER, like having to do a block puzzle 7000 times simply because I died fighting the horde of enemies in the room directly past it. icon_razz.gif

#29 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:32 AM

Linearity. Most quests are fairly linear, go to one dungeon, get item, go to next, etc. Rather, let the player go all over the place (but have hints to where they should go) considering you have made quite the number of high quality quests before, this should not be to hard...

Being to hard. LI was simply to hard for me. It's better to have two versions of a quest rather then forcing potent players to quit due to it being to hard. Not all players is from here and have great experience with ZC, and it would be a shame to turn those away.

#30 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:27 AM

Well, I'm taking all these into consideration. So don't think your suggestions are being placed on deaf ears. Just have to figure out how to work a quest around all these requests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users