FFC for Custom Bosses

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 Eragon615

Eragon615

Junior

• Members

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:06 AM

Switching build can be a bit of a hassle, but to me it discourages playing a quest if I have to take the time to set up an older build. And it has got to be a pain to set up all the screens for a boss using insta-warps. Script might be hard at first, but with all the cool stuff out there it can really push the limits of ZQuest. Still, I guess if LI is your thing, run with it.

#17 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:21 AM

Where there no changers in the LI build? You can place down another invisible FFC which changes the course of the first one when it hits it nowadays.

#18 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:02 AM

I think that is still in there...LI Build was based off of 2.11 Build 254. So it should have a lot of FFC functionality in there. With some scripting capabilities.

#19 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Jul 21 2010, 01:21 PM) View Post

Where there no changers in the LI build? You can place down another invisible FFC which changes the course of the first one when it hits it nowadays.

Hmm, I think there was. I just never cared to learn to use them. Insta-warps seemed easier to me, though that wasted alot of screens I admit.

To Eragon615:
Switching build can be a bit of a hassle, but to me it discourages playing a quest if I have to take the time to set up an older build.

Switching a build can be a bit of a hazzle? Haha what? icon_biggrin.gif
It couldn't be easier! Just extract all the files into a same folder and there you go. Takes a few seconds and you can play Lost Isle.

And it has got to be a pain to set up all the screens for a boss using insta-warps.

It has got to be a pain to set up all the screens for a boss using insta-warps? Yeah right!
Even more painful it is to trying to learn scripting. There's no one in this "great" community who cares to explain how scripting works. IN PLAIN ENGLISH.

The reason me and Wolfie won't even consider the new builds is because they're crap. Lost Isle build is the most stable version of ZC in 4 or 5 years. Why don't people get that already. icon_sweat.gif

Edited by Peteo, 21 July 2010 - 10:09 AM.

#20 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE(Sephiroth @ Jul 20 2010, 02:08 PM) View Post

People can't really say much about the LI build anyways, because I have yet to find a zquest out there for that build.

Peteo, Wolfie, and anyone else... Does my post not exist? How can people understand how the LI build's ZQuest works if there's no ZQuest for it floating around? If I am wrong, please provide a link...

#21 Wolfman2000

Wolfman2000

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:01 PM

Scripting in plain english...alright, I'll try.

The idea of scripting is to be able to perform a particular function without having to use up too much tile, screen, enemy, etc. space.

The best example I can come up with here is my ChangeWarp function. In the days before scripting, you had no way to change where a tile warped you to easily. This function allows control over that based on the inventory Link has. This makes it possible to change a destination from a simple message to a store, or from a special item to a message. Almost all of the quests I've played recently don't use screen 80 much, but instead like the use of caves/interiors. This function is designed to compliment that.

#22 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE(Sephiroth @ Jul 21 2010, 10:41 AM) View Post

Peteo, Wolfie, and anyone else... Does my post not exist? How can people understand how the LI build's ZQuest works if there's no ZQuest for it floating around? If I am wrong, please provide a link...

It's basically b256 with a few bugfixes, so it has the same exact features as b256.

#23 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:52 AM

icon_smile.gif
Hi
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Even more painful it is to trying to learn scripting. There's no one in this "great" community who cares to explain how scripting works. IN PLAIN ENGLISH.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peteo you got a good point when you write that

Edited by judasrising, 22 July 2010 - 10:53 AM.

#24 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:04 AM

http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=38176

I think the problem is you don't want to learn how to script.

#25 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE(lucas92 @ Jul 22 2010, 06:04 PM) View Post

http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=38176

I think the problem is you don't want to learn how to script.

Haha wrong . i want learn how to script

#26 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Jul 21 2010, 04:04 PM) View Post
I do find this fairly insulting really. If you look back through our scripting forum you'll see a lot of lengthy posts I've written explaning to people who to do different things, all you have to do is ask.
As Lucas pointed out, Saffith's put a lot of time into it as well.

#27 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:13 PM

Allright, so there finally is a tutorial. I admit I haven't been around for over a year and I just assumed everything's the way it was. My apologies.

Hoo boy it's good to finally see at least some attempt being made to explain all the stupid stuff the ZC Devs have been adding during these last 4 years. Too bad there will be no use for Scripting Tutorial as Zc 2.5 will never be finished. That's what happens when you have incompetent people running the show for too long. icon_frown.gif yeah yeah I know, I'm still bitter that a good thing I loved was ruined. So sue me.

Edited by Peteo, 22 July 2010 - 01:17 PM.

#28 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:17 PM

I don't understand why b245 wasn't just completely bug fixed and released. It was super stable and had tons of features? If the the dev's just fixed some of the bugs we'd have a new version of ZC already. What happened?

Anyways, sorry for hijacking your topic, I wish I knew how to use FFC's but I've been way to lazy to bother and my ZC interest has been severely lacking in the past while.

#29 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:20 PM

Thanks Peteo for assuming my actions for me. icon_razz.gif

Regardless, if Sephiroth really wants, I actually do have the LI Build Zquest and if he also wants, I can send it to him so he can upload it to his site (much like he has done for the LI Build Player) and we can make it available to people. Because it is clear that PureZC is accepting LI Build quests to their database and not 2.5 builds just yet. So why not release this stable build to people? I see nothing wrong with it.

#30 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Jul 22 2010, 02:13 PM) View Post

Allright, so there finally is a tutorial. I admit I haven't been around for over a year and I just assumed everything's the way it was. My apologies.

Hoo boy it's good to finally see at least some attempt being made to explain all the stupid stuff the ZC Devs have been adding during these last 4 years. Too bad there will be no use for Scripting Tutorial as Zc 2.5 will never be finished. That's what happens when you have incompetent people running the show for too long. icon_frown.gif yeah yeah I know, I'm still bitter that a good thing I loved was ruined. So sue me.

Anybody annoyed by this post, just ignore it. These sort of complaints have been expressed by him many times before. What he says is nothing new, and how people react to it, agree or not, will be nothing new. Just Deja Vu all over again. What's the point? It won't change anything. We all know the situation with 2.5.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users