Heart Pieces do not work.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:48 PM

2.10 is the stable version that most of the quests use right now. It doesn;t have scripting and all the nifty features that betas offer, but this is 100% bug free-I think.

You can get it here.

#17 Bungadoo VI

Bungadoo VI

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:08 PM

I downloaded 887, and got 4 heart pieces, but the same thing happened. My life hearts didn't increase. I checked the "About" and both of the versions said "2.11 Beta (Build 18)"

It's weird, because they shouldn't be the same, because I downloaded 901. I'm downloading 2.10 right now, so let's see how that goes.

#18 Silver

Silver

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:10 PM

What the? Then something's wrong with your computer. Let's hope 2.10 doesn't have that error...which it shouldn't

#19 Bungadoo VI

Bungadoo VI

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:16 PM

2.10 doesn't like my computer or something. Because when I start up the application I get all these, "error", messages saying it failed to load 1st. quest even though I didn't even want to load that quest. It doesn't let me open up ZQuest or ZC.

Edited by Bungadoo VI, 18 December 2008 - 11:17 PM.

#20 Silver

Silver

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:18 PM

Are you using Vista?
Other than that, I hae no idea what's wrong. Sorry icon_cry.gif .

#21 Bungadoo VI

Bungadoo VI

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:21 PM

Yeah... Vista. So this must be it then. I guess I have to cancel my quest. And I was 70% complete.

#22 Silver

Silver

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:23 PM

Don't quit! If you have most of it almost done, then-
wait, HOW did you get it done if your computer doesn't like ZC? icon_confused2.gif

#23 Bungadoo VI

Bungadoo VI

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:27 PM

Well, the other version I was using works for me, except the heart piece thing. I have a bunch of sidequests that involve heart pieces. :\

At least if I make the quest, the heart pieces should work for other people right? As long as they're using a version that doesn't have that bug.

#24 Silver

Silver

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:29 PM

I think so. If I were you, I'd send a beta before you release it to someone, just in case.

#25 Bungadoo VI

Bungadoo VI

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:31 PM

Alright. Well, thanks for all your help. I appreciate it.

#26 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:01 AM

Weird, I believe something similar happened before to someone. I think it has to do with a quest rule you checked.

#27 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:10 AM

Yea i agree with twilight_knight most of our recent betas are more stable than zelda classic has ever been in years! Try downloading the recent one in shardstorm.com. If you have vista, you have no choice but to use the alphas.

#28 Captain Magenta

Captain Magenta

Senior

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:19 AM

There is only one possibility that I can think of here as to why this is going on right now besides a bug. If the subscreen's life gauge has been modified in any way to use life gauge pieces instead of the original life meter item that normally appears and the pieces are not set up properly, that could be the problem right there. If you use life gauge pieces instead of the standard meter so that you can setup something like the twenty heart layout used in modern Zelda games, you have to setup all twenty heart containers on the passive subscreen even if your character is only starting out with three hearts. Otherwise ZC thinks the only heart containers your character has are the three you placed on the subscreen and will not award any more since you didn't create the "space" for them beforehand. Additionally, you will need to make sure each container's graphics are setup properly or else damage incurred will not register and Link will effectively become immortal.....

#29 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:57 PM

Was about to say the same thing. There isn't anything wrong with your computer, just with the life meter

I've made dozens of custom heart meters, and I still have no idea how, exactly, they work. Just that if you set it up right, they'll work. If I were you, I'd go back into the original version you started building your quest in, and start a new quest (That's not saying quit and start over). Just test to see if it might be that specific build that is messing you up

There used to be this fun little bug in the early 2.5 builds that would mess up Link's animation if you selected the 'Use BS Animation' quest rule, but it would only happen if you chose it in one of the builds. If you started your quest in an older version, and played/edited it in one of the bugged versions, it would be fine, so that may be what might be happening to you

Bungadoo, you really shouldn't be making quests in the beta versions anyway, as things like this are common, if not worse. Just don't give up. If all else fails, just wait until the full version of 2.5 is released (Assuming it ever is)

#30 Bungadoo VI

Bungadoo VI

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:59 PM

Well, I figured out what was wrong with it. And it wasn't anything that anyone said above. It was because my Heart Container item's type was set to Triforce Piece. I don't know why that would affect the Heart PIECES, but it did. When I set the Heart Container type back to Heart Container, then getting 4 Heart Pieces gave me more life, like it should.

The reason I set the Heart Containers type to Triforce Pieces, is because I wanted to have the little victory celebration thingy happen when getting the Heart Containers after beating the boss, because my quest isn't about getting the Triforces. But, now that I had to take down the celebration thing, it looks like I'll have to do something else. Any ideas?

(The only reason I'm using beta, is because Vista doesn't like 2.10, etc.)

Edited by Bungadoo VI, 19 December 2008 - 09:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users