• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:56 AM

(Also Pokken, but I'm not making a thread for that)

From what I can tell this seems to be a sequel to the original, like BW2 were rather than a 3rd game.

Lack of details right now, but thoughts?

#2 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:09 AM

To me it's the opposite, it seems to be a third game like Platinum. Same general storyline with Necrozma added to it.

Which means we probably just bought a beta, specially with all the features removed that were from Gen 6.

Edited by Norzan, 06 June 2017 - 10:11 AM.

#3 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:14 AM

Meh. Wasn't too big on how Moon played out and this seems too soon to obsolete Sun and Moon, but I guess not to them.

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:36 PM

What's that? A sequel for more favorite Pokemon game/story? Huh. Well that's cool I guess.

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

#5 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:49 PM

I hope this does make Sun and Moon obsolete. I never played those games and with these releases, it would be perfect for me to play without me missing anything.

Edited by ( ͡° _ʖ ͡°), 06 June 2017 - 12:49 PM.

#6 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:02 PM

Already regretting buying Sun, should have just skipped it.

#7 Nightmare

Nightmare

Original ZC Tester

• Members

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:41 PM

This game is stupidly absurd. One, it's way too close to Sun and Moon (hell, I haven't even finished my backup game). Two, WHY THE HELL IS IT ON THE 3DS WHEN THE SWITCH IS DOING WELL AND YOU WANT TO PROMOTE THAT???!!! This time I might take a pass on it

Edited by Nightmare, 06 June 2017 - 01:42 PM.

• Shane and Jenny like this

#8 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:21 PM

it's way too close to Sun and Moon

Re-using assets makes for a shorter development time, as that way they only need to focus on whatever new content is being added. If they don't need the usual two years this time, then they don't need the usual two years this time.

WHY THE HELL IS IT ON THE 3DS

Because all of the core games for a given generation have been released for the same system?

• Jenny and Jared like this

#9 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:06 PM

This game is stupidly absurd. One, it's way too close to Sun and Moon (hell, I haven't even finished my backup game). Two, WHY THE HELL IS IT ON THE 3DS WHEN THE SWITCH IS DOING WELL AND YOU WANT TO PROMOTE THAT???!!! This time I might take a pass on it

Because the main games have been always on handheld and a big chunk of the people who own a 3DS don't own a Switch? Putting it only on the Switch would force people to buy a 300 bucks system just to be able to play it. Also, it's a third version or sequel, why would it be in a completely different console?

#10 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:08 PM

Gamefreak seems incapable of being able to develop for home consoles; always contracting other developers (especially Genius Sonority) for the production of their home console games. This is why we will never see a main series game for the home consoles; because I doubt Gamefreak has any intention of learning how to develop for anything other than their primary platform.

The name sucks and I am not picking up these games. Unless they show something truly extraordinary before it releases, this looks like Black/White 2 all over again right down to the fusion of legendary pokemon part.

#11 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:14 PM

The name sucks and I am not picking up these games. Unless they show something truly extraordinary before it releases, this looks like Black/White 2 all over again right down to the fusion of legendary pokemon part.

What was wrong with BW2? It was honestly better than most "third" games content / change wise.

• Shane, Matthew and Ammako like this

#12 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:25 PM

I decided to emulate BW2 after a friend of mine said it was a complete waste of money and i'm glad i did, really didn't liked BW2. Then again, i also kind of hated BW, so might have had a slight bias going in.

If it's anything like Platinum and Emerald, two third versions that made RS and DP basically obsolete, then i might get it. Emphasis on might.

• Naru likes this

#13 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:37 PM

What was wrong with BW2? It was honestly better than most "third" games content / change wise.

BW2 took everything that made the first games memorable and interesting and tossed it out of the window in place of content that makes them feel generic.

New content? There is new content... but I don't want to play through a copy of BW1's overworld and nearly everything that was changed was dumbed down to some extent (especially Castelia and Nimbassa City's gyms).

Forced side content? Never, ever make anything like Pokestar Studios mandatory to participate in again. Please.
Good story? I don't see that anywhere in BW2

Pokemon? Let's just flood Unova with old pokemon, contrary to what Gamefreak wanted to do with BW. They still didn't execute it as well as they could have in BW1, but at least Unova wasn't flooded with old pokemon.

Edited by Orithan, 06 June 2017 - 06:40 PM.

• Naru likes this

#14 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:34 PM

One of my issues with black and white was being forced to use the new Pokemon though.

And the plot to the sequels couldn't have been THAT bad... right? I haven't played bw2, so i don't actually know, but those issues feel incredibly subjective.

Anyways, I'll wait for more information to be revealed, Game Freak has shown they're capable of correcting mistakes, after all.
  • Ammako likes this

#15 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:19 PM

I'm not sure what to think at this point. I hope it really is a new story, but they used the wording "alternate story." Is it a continuation of Sun/Moon? If it is...

Sun/Moon ending spoilers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users