• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:07 PM

I think you can take criticism and work towards your vision, I've most certainly done it. Constructive criticism serves to help see where you vision fails by showing its faults. Not all criticism will help towards your vision but a lot does respect your vision too. I'd rather not be frozen in time in a bubble while others move on and improve as creators. :P

I can't really think of design habits I see in quests that I love or hate... I guess when people are considerate of exploration by opening up choices and shortcuts. Nothing worse than padding out gametime by making players backtrack too often. I also like it when people don't just rely on get key-use key gameplay and acknowledge smart item usage by not making too many items needed for a small collection of screens resulting in constant scrolling or pausing.

• Anthus likes this

#17 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 07 March 2018 - 01:29 AM

You've got to have a vision before taking advice, I've known people who throw everything out and restart because they keep asking people who don't have inside knowledge, and then they never get anything done.

#18 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:12 PM

Legend of Lana DX

Wait, what? In no shape or form would I call that a cheap change. How is it a cheap change?

Also, criticism is very, very rarely 100% incompatible. If you're noticing that all the criticism coming your way is "100% incompatible", that just means you're not very good at reading criticism (this is a problem Pure's community seems to suffer from a lot). People aren't good at clearly stating what their problem is, so they'll often attack individual points or generalize the whole quest.

For example, let's take LoH. People say that they dislike it cause it's ugly, or that they dislike it cause it's too hard, but those are not the reasons they hate it, despite saying otherwise. The real reasons they hate it is that it's RNG dependent  and death is too punishing for a game where dying is often. I bet if you removed most of the RNG from the quests and made it so dying just warps you back to the start instantly and adds +1 to your death counter, a lot more people would like LoH.

• Shane likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users