Photo

Screenshot of the Week 530

Joelmacool12 Bagel Nimono Lunaria ywkls

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 530 (57 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:22 PM

Joelmacool12

Joelmacool12.png

It's so... cool?

Bagel

Bagel.png

This is a large screenshot from the subscreen editor in ZQuest. It is of a subscreen. Enjoy this large screenshot from ZQuest of a subscreen.

Nimono

Nimono.png

Lunaria

Lunaria.png

Uh oh.

ywkls

ywkls.png

Hey, I just washed ashore on the beach after a storm sank my raft!

Does anybody know where I am?

• nicklegends and Joelmacool like this

#2 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:22 PM

Nulled my vote since I'm in this one, so here's my comments on the rest.

Joelmacool12- A very nice ice-themed screen in what appears to be an adjusted form of Classic. (I can't really tell since I'm not familiar with all the tilesets and the snow kind of makes some things hard to see.) I really like those ice barriers.

Bagel- It's a subscreen. Very reminiscent of LTTP. (Which isn't surprising, considering what you did with Quest 744.) Nothing fancy, though.

Nimono- I like the water under the grating. I can just barely see the level below. If you can go down there, then your field of vision would be very restricted. Otherwise, it seems kind of empty.

Lunaria- Uh-oh, indeed. That looks almost like one time I scripted an enemy that made scripted copies of itself, which then did the same until the screen was overloaded with enemies. I'd say the enemy here steals the show, since the screen itself is somewhat bland despite the bright colors.

Fairly good outing by all involved!

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 18 October 2015 - 10:21 PM

I voted Nimono. The room setup was what caught my interest!

#4 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 18 October 2015 - 10:27 PM

Nimono should win the contest automatically, imo. I want to explore that dungeon.

• Shane likes this

#5 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 19 October 2015 - 12:12 AM

I voted for Joel, though I feel the snow makes things a bit hard to see. Perhaps it should be edited.

Nimono had quite an interesting looking shot too.

#6 Sparkster

Sparkster

The Sparking Spark of ZC

• Members

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:17 AM

Joel will win again. I'm soooooo sure.

#7 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:45 AM

-Easily Lunaria  is my vote.*

That looks colorful and pretty like candies.

it looks quite a bit modified.

• MermaidCim likes this

#8 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:53 AM

Pretty good turnout this week.

Joelmacool12 - This is really awesome. I like the snowy idea you're going for and it worked very well. The custom barriers look pretty cool too. The only thing I can say is that the snow seems a bit too thick and that you won't really be able to see much. Other than that, good job.

Bagel - Nice subscreen. I really like the new item designs.

Nimono - This is a fairly standard screen, but it's pretty cool. I love the level of depth in this shot, it looks great. I guess my only complaint is that the screen is a bit too boxed, maybe a bit of a different wall layout will look better, but that's just my opinion. Good job anyways.

Lunaria - Is that a Manhandla and a Patra duo. Why do you do this. Other than that, the screen looks pretty cool, but there's nothing else I can say.

ywkls - Pretty interesting use of DoR Hybrid. I see you're remaking Crescent Island. It's pretty well made, though Moonlit Grotto's entrance looks a bit off, as if it's like 2D on the floor or something.

My overall vote goes to Joel to this week. Good job.

#9 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:11 PM

Correction Eddy: It's the patra-manhandla, it's one enemy. (With the best parts of both!!!) :>

• MermaidCim, Eddy and Demonlink like this

#10 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:31 AM

Bagel - Neat subscreen dude! Can't wait to use this subscreen in your quest!

Nimono - Interesting level gimmick. I love how you can already see what you will be going through.

Lunaria - Looks like chaos... the enemies palette looks weird.

ywkls - Very solid shot here. Only a few complaints; 1. On the corner of the mountain (top right) there is a tile error, might want to fix that up. 2. The tree placement makes the screen look a bit unnatural, maybe you could make it not so symmetrical?

If I were to vote I would vote... Nimono.

#11 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:20 AM

Correction Eddy: It's the patra-manhandla, it's one enemy. (With the best parts of both!!!) :>

And that's one of the reasons I voted for this....plus everything in this room looks amazing. All of them are so good though, but this one really jumps out at me.

Honestly, I have no idea who is gonna win this one. Usually I think i have an idea, but this one I am legitimately not sure. It wouldn't shock me if this was a tie.

Edited by MermaidCim, 20 October 2015 - 12:30 PM.

#12 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 24 October 2015 - 09:06 PM

It wouldn't shock me if this was a tie.

Just out of curiosity, what happens if more than one screenshot gets the same amount of votes? At the moment, there even looks like there's a chance that 3 different shots will get the same number of votes. I've never even heard of such a thing happening before...

Edited by ywkls, 25 October 2015 - 08:09 AM.

#13 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 October 2015 - 12:38 PM

Just out of curiosity, what happens if more than one screenshot gets the same amount of votes? At the moment, there even looks like there's a chance that 3 different shots will get the same number of votes. I've never even heard of such a thing happening before...

I'm not sure about a three-way tie, but two-way ties have happened before. Both screens win and both go to SoTM. :)

• ywkls likes this

#14 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:04 PM

With 28.57% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 530 is Joelmacol12!

Joelmacool12.png

Congratulations!

Voting totals:

- Joelmacool12 (14 votes [28.57%])
- Bagel (4 votes [8.16%])
- Nimono (11 votes [22.45%])
- Lunaria (7 votes [14.29%])
- ywkls (13 votes [26.53%])

• Joelmacool likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Joelmacool12, Bagel, Nimono, Lunaria, ywkls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users