Astronomy

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#31 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:42 AM

Well having read the paper you linked, it has absolutely nothing to do with abiogenesis so you were probably sleepy :lol:

If you did mean this to be evidence, the paper starts off with a cell. Using the paper's own logic, it would call the spontaneous creation of life very, very, very unlikely. Statically, a cell is almost infinitely (yes, I do know almost infinitely is meaningless but it gets the point across) more likely to decompose than spontaneously create it self.

That was a really good paper though. A really good read.

-Strike

Edited by strike, 23 March 2015 - 08:44 AM.

#32 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:01 AM

I definitely cited the wrong one, geezus I should not be allowed to post after midnight.

The one I meant to cite seemed much more recent than 2013, so that should have been a red flag. 

Here's the one I meant to cite. Ignore literally everything about my previous post. It's a good thing I don't text. Imagine the things I'd send to people.

#33 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:37 PM

Well, it's been a while since a post was made in this topic. Let's break that fact. :)

I know that the solar eclipse was today, though I live in North America so I didn't get to see it (and in any case it was cloudy where I lived). Did anyone witness it and if they did, how was it?

i saw it , the sky was cloudy and eclipse and was possible see it only  for 3-4 minutes, I could see it when the sun was covered at 65 %, was interessing see the sun look  like  a crescent.

recently I 'm interested in the sunspots, but seems they are very decreased compared to the previous solar cycle

• Eddy and David like this

#34 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:34 AM

So, with less than 4 months left until we get to see what Pluto looks like, NASA has opened up polls looking for names for potential geographical features. Voting is open for 2 more weeks. You can find it here: http://www.ourpluto.org/

• Eddy and David like this

#35 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:08 PM

So, with less than 4 months left until we get to see what Pluto looks like, NASA has opened up polls looking for names for potential geographical features. Voting is open for 2 more weeks. You can find it here: http://www.ourpluto.org/

This is very interesting to know that Pluto will be mapped for the first time. I might vote in there but I dunno yet.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing what Pluto will look like.

• David likes this

#36 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:09 PM

Oh boy. I've been waiting for this for the past three years, and I know a lot of people have been waiting considerably longer. This is gonna be exciting.
  • David likes this

#37 Chris Miller

Chris Miller

The Dark Man

• Banned

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:03 PM

I made sure to get my votes for Star Trek characters in. :D

#38 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:41 PM

Pluto has always interested me , is unusual , has a strange orbit and then has five satellites despite being so small .
The most interesting part , however, will occur after Pluto , the New Horizons will continue to go forward, many argue that the orbit of Pluto and many planetoids in the Kuiper belt are influenced by a another planet still unkow.

What do you think of the theory of Tyche , a planet bigger than Jupiter hidden on the borders of the solar system ?

#39 Chris Miller

Chris Miller

The Dark Man

• Banned

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:50 PM

It's a junky theory.  A planet that big would've been easily found decades ago.

#40 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:20 PM

If there were a large planet on the edge of our solar system, it would be leaving a huge bend in the solar system's gravity, distorting the orbit of the outer ice giants. We wouldn't have gone this long without noticing it. 

Edited by Fabbrizio, 24 March 2015 - 05:21 PM.

#41 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:36 AM

'A big bang is just our very own galaxy and universe'  it's Not everything exactly. -It's merely mankind's own tunnel vision sort of view of their own peon universe not all others with them apart from our own.

There are galaxies that have been going long before ours had ever sprouted sadly.

A bunch of other galaxies in universes and outside all

Sharing the very same giant void of endless space that was always there - 'always existed had no beginning and no end.'

To say the Big bang happened only around us is arrogance/ignorance - other galaxies before ours are thinking the exact same things we are, but Space was always there - no beginning and no end.

The Book of Life - is the book of time.  

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 13 July 2015 - 05:47 PM.

#42 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:41 AM

I too am also really looking forward to seeing what Pluto looks like! I'm excited! :)

#43 Chris Miller

Chris Miller

The Dark Man

• Banned

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:55 PM

I'm expecting it will be dark reddish, with patches of white where various gases have frozen.  And there will be lots of craters.

#44 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:05 AM

Has star trek got something to do with this topic?

#45 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 01 April 2015 - 03:51 PM

Nope. I supposedly heard that there are a billion asteroids heading our way to destroy the planet Earth. I hope to enjoy this last day with all of you. :( (April Fools)

• Eddy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users