It would be easier to diagnose this if you post screenshots of the warp dialogues and the screens.
- It sounds as if you are not setting the warp arrival squares for the destination screens.
- The default position for all arrival squares is in the upper-left corner of the screen.
To properly set up warp returns, and their matching arrival points:
- Use the blue icons in ZQuest, that are marked A, B, C, and D, to enable Warp Arrival Placement.
- When you do this, your cursor will turn into a blue square, that you may position.
- Simply click in a location on the screen, to set it.
- If you click in the wrong spot, click the blue warp arrival placement tool icon (again), and you will return to placement mode.
- Check your Tile Warp and Side Warp dialogues, and ensure that you set the locations for the correct warp IDs (A, B, C, D), and that you use the correct warp types for your desired effect!
- On the arrival screens, be sure to place a warp arrival point (blue icon) that corresponds to the type set as the arrival point in the warp dialgoue.
- Let's say that on dmap 0, screen 01, you have a warp square using warp type D.
- In the Tile Warp editor, select the 'D' tab, and set the destination information.
- For the purpose of this instructional information, we will say that the destination is screen 04 on dmap 3. So, you would set the warp to 'Instant with Fadeout', and choose the warp arrival type.
Let's use Warp Return B, for this example:
- On dmap 3, screen 04, you will need to add a warp arrival square B.
- When the tile warp on dmap 1, screen 01 activates, it will use an instant warp + fadeout transition, and warp Link to position of the arrival square 'B' on screen 04 of dmap 3.
When you click the 'Go' button, the warp arrival point will flash.
Item Cellar screens always return Link to the middle of the screen from which he warped.
Here is an example quest using the above information, plus return warps: Warp Type Example Quest
P.S. Welcome to the forum, and to Zelda Classic. We hope that you have a good time using ZC/ZQuest, and if you need any other help, feel free to ask. If you need to reach me directly for any technical support, you may do so on the AGN forums, on Discord, or on Skype. My username is the same in all three of those places, as it is here.
Edited by ZoriaRPG, 24 September 2017 - 11:58 AM.