Photo

Screenshot of the Week 81

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick you favorite screenshot. (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick you favorite screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 28 February 2005 - 06:53 PM

FireStorm
user posted image
The Triforce: always a happy sight.

Radien
user posted image
Serenia tackles a challenging puzzle, high in the air on the windy roof of Gale Fortress.

Shoelace
user posted image
This isn't good.

Sorry that I'm late with this, I had a lot going on this weekend. I also was hoping that maybe more would have entered too. But three will work for me. This one will only last until sometime Saturday.

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

#2 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 28 February 2005 - 06:59 PM

It's okay PrinceMSC about the delay, we all have a life to attend and real life is more important. Besides, there really isn't that much entire. icon_wink.gif I voted on Radien. I'll add my comments on the other shots later.

Edited by DragonBoy, 28 February 2005 - 07:00 PM.

#3 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 28 February 2005 - 07:49 PM

I voted for Radien. those stone walls are just WAY too good to pass up

#4 Redmage777

Redmage777

Initiate

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 March 2005 - 05:19 AM

*Votes Raiden* His makes the most use of origenal graphics, and that is often a big deciding factor for me. In a world of look-alike Graphics, Some thing fresh always stands out the most...
Keep up the Good Work ...All of you.

#5 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 01 March 2005 - 09:50 AM

FireStorm: The screen looks excellent. icon_wink.gif Really, what can I say? For a GB tileset, it's just outstanding. :\

Radien: * Votes * ... All I can say is, those bricks look real. Everyone, take a moment to think about that.

Shoelace: The screenshot looks wonderful. icon_smile.gif The layout is great, the details are nice, and it's certainly evident that your combo placement skills are extraordinary.

I just had to vote for the realistic brick tiles though. Those gusts of wind must have been hard to make as well.

#6 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:14 AM

All three are really nice this week, but Radien wins hands-down. Congrats. I'm just gonna pile all the comments into one and say that I chose Radien because of the original tiles.

#7 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 01 March 2005 - 11:50 AM

FireStorm: I don't really like the light green floor, but it's an excellent layout. I seem to have a fetish for the GBC tileset, so this gets my vote.

Radien: Excellent shot. Excellent tiles. What can I say?

Shoelace: Nice shot, love the tiles. I hope nobody lives in that house. icon_razz.gif

#8 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 01 March 2005 - 04:40 PM

I voted for Raiden, but Fire Storm was a very close second...I liked the different-ness in Fire Storms shot...but Raiden's was just so sweet looking I had to vote for it.

#9 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 01 March 2005 - 05:06 PM

I voted for Radien's because it looked good to me. The tiles were cool and the sprites were too. I really liked those brick backrounds and the ruins. Great job everybady icon_smile.gif .

Edited by blaster_master, 01 March 2005 - 05:08 PM.

#10 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 01 March 2005 - 05:09 PM

Prince:

Well, delaying the posting of this thread meant I had time to get mine in, since I forgot to do it earlier in the day. That means that waiting at least assured that you had more than two entries. icon_smile.gif I have yet to see a two-entry SOTW...

Firestorm:

Ah, a nice shot with good layout and detail. However, I have to agree; the acid green in the palette is rather killing the look. Otherwise, very good.

Shoelace:

Who would sleep in a bed right next to a lava flow?!? icon_eek.gif The only creatures I know of that wouldn't mind falling out of bed into lava are far too hard-skinned to require bedsheets!!

That aside, great shot. icon_wink.gif Personally, I think the shelf and the stove should be dropped down a half-tile; I think Pure does it that way by default, but it looks odd.

I love how you made the arrow remain stuck in the statue's eye after it is shot. That's a great idea. icon_smile.gif

My screenshot notes...

Glad to hear people like the screen. icon_smile.gif Time for my usual list of credits:

The items at the top are from NoeL's Zelda Prophecies sprite sheet. The pillars are from Gashin's Sun Tower tileset; I edited the originals to make the fallen pillars.

Now, you'd probably never recognize it, but the new stone walls are based on the Hyrule Castle walls from OoT. I ran across a dumped bitmap image from the N64 ROM. I would've used it as-is, but it required far too many colors, so I used them as a model instead.

#11 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 01 March 2005 - 07:03 PM

Radien, you said you would have a good shot. You weren't kidding. That gets my vote easy.

#12 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 01 March 2005 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Mar 1 2005, 04:09 PM)
I have yet to see a two-entry SOTW...

I'm not sure if I would post SOTW with only two screenshots. But I guess it would only be fair to the two who did enter. Maybe one day we will see.

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

#13 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 01 March 2005 - 08:23 PM

It would be very odd..well here's my comments

Firestorm: This shot is great! icon_biggrin.gif This would have been my second vote.

Radien: Wow this is great Radien. icon_thumbsup.gif "VOTES"

Shoelace: It's an okay shot but needs some custom tiles. Other than that, it good. icon_wink.gif

#14 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 March 2005 - 01:07 AM

Radien, because the walls are definitely eye-catching. Plus, those floating sewing threads look pretty interesting too.

... I know it's wind, but I think it also looks like thread. icon_razz.gif

#15 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 March 2005 - 01:16 AM

Hey well I am proud that I have at least one vote. icon_razz.gif Anyways, this shot is from the third level in the Hero of Dreams. I placed beds everywhere in the game because I was going to make each bed a dream, however, the game became too long and I did away with that. However, I still have the beds in the spots. Oh well, it fits in my eyes. icon_cool.gif

Shoelace: It's an okay shot but needs some custom tiles. Other than that, it good.

Well, as you know, I am not that good at making custom tiles. So you probably won't see that many custom tiles in my game. Sorry, but maybe my next game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users