58 replies to this topic

#1 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Archives
A catalog of every shot in every contest.

Top 10 lists / Complete leaderboards
A ranked collection of statistics in categories such as votes, wins, and participation.

User profile index
Profile pages for every member who has entered SotW.

Random screenshot
No stats, no fluff, just a random shot from the vast SotW collection.

(Raw data: ResultsUsernamesUgly code)

I will host these stats myself and strive to update them as soon as possible after each contest concludes. Currently, I don't register Screenshot of the Month or Year statistics, but that may come at a later time. If you find any mistakes—particularly cases where the same member is counted as two different people due to a username switch—please let me know via a personal message. Finally, these pages are rather large, so don't be surprised if my account goes over bandwidth.

Thanks, and enjoy! icon_smile.gif
  • Rambly, Anthus, Twilight Knight and 2 others like this

#2 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

I just told you this 15 minutes ago on IRC, but I just wanted to say thanks again for doing this. This really is a great idea and it allows us to check out all of the great shots people have submitted with ease.

YOU GO GIRL! icon_thumbsup.gif

Edited by Hergiswi, 15 January 2013 - 12:14 AM.

#3 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

I was actually looking at this earlier, and I found it pretty neat! Thank you for putting forth the effort to put something like this together. icon_smile.gif

#4 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

It's hard to believe that I'm so high on the list. Especially in the most wins and most votes category. I'm completely flabbergasted.

Edited by Dawnlight, 15 January 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#5 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

I'm surprised I'm #8 at most victories still and I haven't entered in 2 years.

This is really awesome and well done, nicklegends. Thanks for putting the work in

#6 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Thank you for the feedback so far. icon_smile.gif It's been all positive to this point, but don't be afraid to suggest improvements, either.

One thing I think is pretty neat in the results is that there are eight different categories, yet only two are led by the same person (Relic for most points all-time and in a single contest). In other words, different metrics highlight different people. There really is a lot of diverse talent going into every event.

#7 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

This is amazing, nicklegends. I'm winning something too! Would ya look at that...icon_smile.gif
There's nothing I could tell you to fix. Great job icon_wink.gif

#8 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Color me impressed! Thanks for doing this. Updating this must be a bitch, though. ; )

Background comprises shots designed by Ebola Zaire, NoeL, Pabru, Relic, and Sheik. All such pictures have been used without permission and will be removed upon the artist's request. Table style is © by Wild Bill and is also used without permission.
Of course you have permission to use any shots I submitted for whatever. : )

Edited by Sheik, 15 January 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#9 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE(Jared @ Jan 15 2013, 01:00 PM) View Post
This is amazing, nicklegends. I'm winning something too! Would ya look at that...icon_smile.gif
There's nothing I could tell you to fix. Great job icon_wink.gif
Thanks. icon_smile.gif

QUOTE(Sheik @ Jan 15 2013, 01:41 PM) View Post
Color me impressed! Thanks for doing this. Updating this must be a bitch, though. ; )
Haha. It's actually not hard to update at all. The additional input for the current contest will look something like this:

CODE
#394 @ 57632
Hergiswi; png; 4
Shoelace; png; 15
Keiichi123; png; 6
Russ; png; 3
Ventus; png; 7
SpacemanDan; png; 3
Orin XD; png; 1

I push a button, and that's it. Pages updated. Of course, I also have to keep up-to-date with name changes, but that's handled by a different file and isn't difficult at all to manage.

QUOTE(Sheik @ Jan 15 2013, 01:41 PM) View Post
Of course you have permission to use any shots I submitted for whatever. : )
Thanks. I'll update the page to reflect this when I get a chance (I sort of meant to ask everybody before I released the page, but I slipped up. icon_sorry.gif)

#10 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Wow this is awesome. I went through like all of them to see where I was at. I had no idea I submitted that many times.

I like how I submitted 21 screens of Hero of Dreams. Did not win once. XD Again, words don't describe how awesome this is. icon_biggrin.gif

#11 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

Hey folks, just a few words.

First of all, there is a minor mistake in the stats for SotW 131. I listed it as a tie despite the vote difference because Relic called the contest a draw within the thread. What I did not recognize is that there was actually a tiebreaker process in place at the time that would make DFW the sole winner of that contest. This will be reflected in the next update. (Some ranks will be shifted around as a result of DFW's earning a full win instead of a half win, so don't be shocked.) If you find any other discrepancies in the archives or leaderboards, please let me know.

On a less technical note, I plan to create a condensed version of both pages--an archives page listing only the last fifteen contests and leaderboards that cut off at the tenth place or so while purging the "details" section. These condensed versions will be provided in parallel with the full pages (i.e. I would still be able to learn I'm #81 on the participation list if I want). This change will open the door to additional categories we haven't seen yet. Are there any leaderboard categories you'd like to see that are not currently available? I was thinking a "most persistent" would be good--this would favor people who entered the contest the most times but are still looking for their first win. Or how about a highest average vote total category? (I suspect PrinceMSC would get that one.) Longest gap between entries? (That one might go to Nick.) Anyway, there's a world of possibilities. I'd love to hear your ideas if you have 'em.

Also in the news, Sheik recently passed Dawnlight for most votes and wins all-time, but the numbers are very close. It's awesome that the two of them are still active contributors. Keep it up. :thumbsup:

Thanks! :)

#12 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

I'm 48th over all total votes, not bad :)

This is really cool. I always wished something like this would come along. I love looking back on the types of shots people made, and the graphics they used. It's very interesting.

#13 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:39 PM

I'm excited to announce some big changes to the archives and leaderboards!
  • I've released smaller versions of the pages as promised so that visitors can get the most relevant information without being bogged down by the rest. The abbreviated archives page shows the last 15 contests; the equivalent leaderboards page shows the top 10 members in each category and forgoes the intricate details. Of course, the full versions of both pages are still available.
  • Places are now shared among members with the same score in a leaderboard category. For example, four members now share second place in "longest winning streaks (in consecutive contests, by member)."
  • The archives page now shows the winning shot from each contest. Nobody ever explicitly recommended this to me and yet I feel it was still wanted. This has the side-effect of making the full archives page pretty monstrous in size, so please use it, but do so in moderation.
I hope you enjoy the improvements. Please don't hesitate to bring up any questions or concerns. :)

#14 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:51 AM

Amazing! That sure should encourage more people to participate more often :D. It does so for me, at least!

#15 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:11 AM

Horray! I took the lead for most votes of all time! :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users