Yes and No choices

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:45 PM

hi i have a question. On somes quests like Moosh's quest there's a certain choices you have to choice on certain string. Yes and No choice.
And i wondering what kind of script i need for this one and depending of your choice different strings can display.
If there's no script then how can you make choices ? because i'll do need it for certain games especially for the Boss Rush game on the quest (after beat the game) or for certain moments for the quest.

#2 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:09 AM

I believe you need tango.zh for that kinda stuff. 

#3 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:40 AM

You can also script such things manually (like my fairy fountains in the Forbidden City), but there's no plug and play script for that.

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:15 AM

Scripting will be the cleanest option, but also the hardest. Tango requires some pretty vast knowledge of scripting. It can also be done sloppy if you just put "yes" and "no" tile warps that take you to a screen with the desired outcome, but again, this is kind of sloppy.

#5 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:47 AM

have Tango.zh on the detabase i just need the script to combine it with my anothers script that Moosh helping me.

#6 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:23 PM

The problem is that, like Jamian said, there's no plug and play script for this, and it's unlikely that anyone's going to make it for you. Conversations with choices are very advanced. You'll have to learn how to write scripts with tango.zh, if you want dialog trees.
  • strike likes this

#7 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:32 PM

The bigger problem is i can't write any scripts. All i can do is copy/paste scripts.

• strike likes this

#8 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:49 PM

The problem is that, like Jamian said, there's no plug and play script for this, and it's unlikely that anyone's going to make it for you. Conversations with choices are very advanced. You'll have to learn how to write scripts with tango.zh, if you want dialog trees.

That isn't wholly true. I wrote several y/n scripts for Tango: My 'Menu Shop' is a good example of this.

The problem, is that they work in old versions of Tango.zh, and not in the released version. Until I update them, they are of no use to the average user.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 03 June 2017 - 07:49 PM.

#9 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:51 PM

But on Banana's quest i did notice Moosh doesn't use any Tango.zh script that sould means it's also possible without Tango.zh but i don't know how

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users