Ganon's Dungeon 1 Demo Released

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Accr89

Accr89

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:00 PM

Finally at last my game is 25% complete. I know It's been awhile since I was on here and that's because I had to get my computer upgraded. Two things, I didn't fix the headings in this demo and I also used 2.10 tileset. So some of the rooms may look the same, but I just figured out how to make custom tiles. Anyways this demo includes five floors of infinite torture. This game is moderately challenging and yes I created a custom boss at the end of the demo. Enjoy!!!!! icon_cool.gif

http://www.mediafire...php?ynjtxj0hazz

#2 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:39 PM

Alright, the first thing that irks me is that you're making freeform dungeons with the NES Dungeon DMAP type. That doesn't work out. You gotta make the DMAP type Cave/Interior, and manually make the doors if you want that.

Not bad otherwise, but is there a reason this is 6.1 megs? You gotta be using every map or something, no way it should be that huge.

#3 Accr89

Accr89

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:48 PM

Thanks Lithium, For next demo I'll change all the Dmaps to cave/interior, so you enjoying it so far. icon_smile.gif

#4 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:21 PM

Quite good. Overall mechanics are very good and all your ideas work well. I got easily used to that dungeon+freeform thing but if you change that, it's even better. Though it will take more redesigning than just making the doors manually, I see you relied on the "secrets temporary" dungeon thing, but cave dmaps doesn't have that.

I found a bug though. After getting the boomerang and going back with the warp, it puts me to the upper left corner of the northwestern warp screen. Continuing on the 1st floor puts you into an impossibly strange room... it looks like Screen 80, but I couldn't leave it in any way. I didn't know it was possible to set the warp destination to Screen 80...

I'm also stuck. I got the ladder on the 1st basement and ot 2 keys with it, but I can't find the way to the sword (which I guess I need next).

You also called this one a challenge quest... I expected hard enemies, but the only two hard parts were:
1. Slaloming between stalfoses with the equipment of poors.
2. Trying to beat the blood out from bats with boomerang. (which was indeed a crazy idea, only place where I dies besides the narrow trap area later and the ladder screen when I already had the ladder)

I guess this is kinda the top that can be expected from a non-experienced questmaker. Probably all those quests you played ( icon_naughty.gif ) helped you getting better. Design is very good for a first quest, too. I also sense a secret at a certain part, I will see about it when I get the sword.....

Finally, congratulations, nobody could make me play a quest in a loooong time. But since you were nice towards BB...

EDIT:
From where you got the first floor's music? Sounds almost like the Japanase version of MMX4 intro... "Even unbeatable looooove..." I definitely see that the second one is from Sailor Moon... either the usual transformation, or the Outer Senshi Attack, which I also used as dungeon music in one of my previous quests attempts... "Melancholy Wall!"

Edited by CastChaos, 31 January 2009 - 01:37 PM.

#5 Accr89

Accr89

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:15 PM

Yes I guess you could say that playing all the quests helped me get some pretty good ideas. Actually this isn't really my first quest I made another one back in the day, but it turned out to be not great towards level 4 so I stopped making it. Plus I didn't know about making custom bosses at the time. Thanks for the good comments though, did you get to the final boss in the demo he took me awhile to make. Enjoy!!! icon_cool.gif

The first midi music came with the 210 game itself. I don't what it is, but It was awesome so I put it in the game for that reason.

Edited by Accr89, 31 January 2009 - 10:18 PM.

#6 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:42 AM

You skipped over the most important part of my post:

"I'm also stuck. I got the ladder on the 1st basement and ot 2 keys with it, but I can't find the way to the sword (which I guess I need next)."

#7 Accr89

Accr89

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:47 PM

Oh of course sorry, once you get the two keys go to the right side of the dungeon where you just start. Use the ladder to traverse over holes and stun the Moblins with the boomerang. You can also get the compass by killing all of the keese in the first fighting screen when you enter the level.

#8 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:17 AM

I got the secret HC on the first floor. This was a very nice thing. But I must stop now, two stalfos3's with low walkability and much damage combos is something I can't endure with 5 hearts and minimal equipment right now.

#9 Accr89

Accr89

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:57 AM

Yeah, thats actually like the hardest boss in the game just because of that final room. I just kept dying until I eventually defeated them. So I figured to add a little bit of challenge for the hardcore gamers. I'm also going to release an extreme version for this game as well, when I eventually make the whole game. I probably start making this towards the weekend some more only because I have to do a 2-page reflection essay for one of my classes.

Oh and as for as the game goes with dungeon set, I'm keeping it for most of the floors in this game because I never got my hands on a premade door set. The key doors don't come with 210 tileset so, I'll just get them here or possibly even make my own doors if I feel like it. Like you said it is going to take awhile to do all of that so I won't worry about right at the moment.

#10 bull

bull

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:05 PM

where is the candle? please

#11 Accr89

Accr89

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:23 AM

Alright you made it to b2 I presume. The candle is located in one of the most northren rooms. To get to it you have to solve the dark maze. It is a 2 by 2 room that is dark and has multiple ways to get through. The embodiment tells you what ways you are suppose to go. He'll only tell you once, so if you collect the key without writting the directions down you can not make it through the dark maze. PM me if you have trouble finding the way through the maze and I'll give the directions. I'll tell you that two keys are needed to get to the candle. Otherwise, good luck and have fun exploring the dark corridors! icon_wink.gif

#12 bull

bull

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:15 PM

i don't know if its a bug but i can't carry some bombs
so its impossible to beat dodongos.

#13 Accr89

Accr89

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:38 PM

Wow you made it to b4 already excellent job! icon_thumbsup.gif To get the bombs you need to find three keys scattered throught the floor. If you go down when you start that's the way that the bombs are located. All the keys are located at the right side of the floor.

1. In the big 2 by 3 room. Kill the darknuts on one side and then kill all the other enemies and the key will appear.
2. Also in the same big room, but on the screen with the dirt strip. Kill the tribble keese before they transform into vires.
3. Up north past the 2 by 2 room. Dodge the spikes and solve the block puzzle.

Once you get these three keys go south at the beginning and use them to reach the bomb upgrade room. You will also be introduced to another character in the dungeon.

Edited by Accr89, 09 February 2009 - 09:39 PM.

#14 bull

bull

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:20 PM

i can't reach the last key in the up NE part of floor 4.
a big yellow statue is blocking the way.( bombs , boomerang , arrow , push ,slash...no result)
do i need a super bomb ???

#15 Accr89

Accr89

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:02 PM

K Let me tell you the location of the four keys by looking in the editor.

1. First key is found in the northeast room with five darknuts placed on platforms. Hit the blue statue in order to reveal the secret bridge. To get the room kill all of the other enemies on the oppisite side of the pit with the arrows to advance to the room.
2. Hit the blue statue in the shop room in order to advance to the next room and kill the pols.
3. Go to the right 2 by 3 room and hit the blue statue to advance to a warp. Kill the gohma and obtain another key.
4. The last key is located in the 2 by 2 middle room which connects both sides of the floor. Start from the left 2 by 3 room and hit the blue statue to switch the floor panels. After that go along and make sure you kill all enimies in both the top and bottom screens for the blocks to disappear and the last key can be yours.

This should give you an idea of what key you are missing because I don't remember ever making a yellow statue blocking a certain way.

Edited by Accr89, 12 February 2009 - 10:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users