Need an opinion on these palettes...

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#46 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:08 PM

Well, it's been 2 months since this forum was made. I am in need of more opinions! :lol: 

First off, I want to show off a new addition to the set, the Advance House set from Pure Remembrance. The default palette sucked, but with observing Shiek's take on it in MZC, I tried to copy it and mod it a bit. Results:

Spoiler

Next in my list, I tweaked a bit the default MC house palette from DoR, as you can see, I made the colors a bit brighter and softer. Results:

Spoiler

Speaking of MC houses, I wanted to make 2 more new palettes for this set. The first one is still a WIP, but my work so far reminds me of my room when the sun is shining bright during the day. I'm kind of proud on this one, but I'm pretty sure it's missing something:

Spoiler

As for the final one, I tried to replicate Radien's Dark MC house palette, but with a bit of different colors. The grey colors are still WIP, so don't worry about that ;) 

Spoiler

Thoughts?

• Avaro likes this

#47 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

Well, so far, I managed to edit and complete the New MC house palettes:

Spoiler

Spoiler

What I've been wanting to do is try and make palettes like Noel and Anikom have suggested by "hue shifting", because i'll admit that for my first palette attempts I used the same color but at different brightness like Noel said. Not saying that this one is perfect, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Thoughts?

Edited by Demonlink, 02 July 2014 - 04:48 PM.

#48 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:51 AM

All I can say is that these house palettes look awesome! I honestly have no complaints at all, you are doing wonderfully with palette creation/editing. :)

• Demonlink likes this

#49 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:08 PM

All I can say is that these house palettes look awesome! I honestly have no complaints at all, you are doing wonderfully with palette creation/editing. :)

Thanks! I guess I have been sharpening my skills lately ;)

#50 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:40 PM

I've been out for a while, so I just saw posts 46-49 now.  Overall, nice job! :)

The black kinda' contrasts in the lighter palettes and sticks out.  Try modifying that color (or modifying the others to fit the black, but that'd be a lot more work) so it meshes with the other colors better.

Also, in the first palette in post 46, the differences between the colors for the walls and the colors for the furniture bugs me, specifically looking at where the top-of-the-table sprites meet the floor sprites.  I would say to keep the walls more orange-y than red-dy like you have them, but darken the wall colors a bit; for example, the darkest orange color should be as dark an orange as the darkest red color is for the red colors.  Does that make sense?

The grays look perfect in that one, by the way! The shades of gray incorporate the black quite nicely.

• Demonlink likes this

#51 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

I've been out for a while, so I just saw posts 46-49 now.  Overall, nice job! :)

The black kinda' contrasts in the lighter palettes and sticks out.  Try modifying that color (or modifying the others to fit the black, but that'd be a lot more work) so it meshes with the other colors better.

Also, in the first palette in post 46, the differences between the colors for the walls and the colors for the furniture bugs me, specifically looking at where the top-of-the-table sprites meet the floor sprites.  I would say to keep the walls more orange-y than red-dy like you have them, but darken the wall colors a bit; for example, the darkest orange color should be as dark an orange as the darkest red color is for the red colors.  Does that make sense?

The grays look perfect in that one, by the way! The shades of gray incorporate the black quite nicely.

Thanks for the suggestions Lightwulf! :D I'll see if I can mod them later this week since homework sucks :lol: , hopefully I'll post an update this weekend. :)

#52 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:20 AM

It's good to see so many different house palettes to choose from, in a tileset. :)

• Demonlink likes this

#53 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:55 PM

those are all good colors.

nothing crazy, like it is a bag of jelly beans or anything.

• Demonlink likes this

#54 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:54 PM

It's good to see so many different house palettes to choose from, in a tileset. :)

Thanks man! I'll expect you'll be more than satisfied with over than 30 new palettes merged into the tileset (not including the old ones) :)

those are all good colors.

nothing crazy, like it is a bag of jelly beans or anything.

Thanks to you my friend as well! :) I'm trying my best ;)

#55 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:03 AM

These are perfect colors for a house!  :D

Good work!

Edited by ZeldaPlayer, 20 August 2014 - 09:03 AM.

• Demonlink likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users