desert dungeon boss

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

Heh, well, since I found that the Search function on this site is back up and working again, I found a previous request for Stallord and so I have the graphic in GIF format. I think I can do better (no offense to the creators, of course; I was actually quite impressed when I saw it icon_smile.gif ; but one of my strengths is finding ways to improve things) so let me work on this a bit.

#17 beneficial

beneficial

Junior

• Members

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

Sure thing let me know when your done

#18 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

One thing, though. The graphic that I found for Stallord seems to have a different pallette than what I'm using, so I need to know what version of DoR you're using to make sure I've got the pallettes right.

I'm using the most recent DoR, the file that's titled "DoRv2.0b - New Quest.qst". Is that the one you started with?
If not, the other one in the same package is titled "DoRv1.9b - Upgrade.qst". I haven't downloaded the version before that (there's one version before that on the database) so I don't know the filename.
Anyway, could you just tell me which version you started with? (Hopefully you remember??)

#19 beneficial

beneficial

Junior

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

Ya its the new 2.0. I love the tileset. Still trying to get used to it
But its awesome. I was afraid that I would have to recolor it somehow also.

#20 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

Thanks! icon_smile.gif Whew. Good thing I got it right.

It'll take some time, but it's coming along nicely. I just finished Stallord's front horns (he actually has 2 sets of horns behind his eyes) for the open-mouth position. Prior to that, I got all the dinosaur sprites recolored; CSet 11 has 3 shades of gray plus white and black, so that's what I'm using. Plus, using those colors allows the graphics to work in other pallettes, so you'll be able to choose what color you want him to be.

#21 beneficial

beneficial

Junior

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:37 AM

Sure thing take your time I'm reworking the map right now so use all the time you need

#22 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

Sorry, I just couldn't wait to share this! Here's the completed Stallord head with mouth open (on the left; the pic on the right is the Tyrano from Chrono Trigger that I used to start with, for comparison):
IPB Image
Feel free to comment on/critique it. (I'll post a downloadable file {i.e. tile page export} once it's all done; this is double-size, so it wouldn't work for grabbing anyway. Just for display purposes only.)

So, FYI right now I'm working on the closed-mouth head. I had to find a clip of TP and take a screenshot from it in order to see what the top of Stallord's head looks like. This is quite a project! (But, it's fun! That's what's important. icon_smile.gif )

Edit: BTW, I meant anybody can critique this, not just beneficial.

Also, beneficial, I just wanted to let you know that the soldiers Stallord summons are officially called Staltroops. I could make graphics for them, too, if needed; I was thinking of using the Stalfos sprites (with closed mouth only) and adding armor. I've seen them with and without sword and/or shield. I also thought that making them slow-moving Leever-type enemies might work well; that way they come out of the ground toward Link (red leever) or just in the general location (blue leever).

Edited by Lightwulf, 03 August 2012 - 05:38 PM.

#23 -DuCkTApE-

-DuCkTApE-

The "Mask" will take over...

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

Those......look........BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! You are super lightwulf! icon_clap.gif

#24 beneficial

beneficial

Junior

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

It looks awesome better than the ones I tried making.
I will start working on some staltroop sprites while your working on stallord.
Once again lightwulf it looks great keep up the good work

#25 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

Okay, I've gotten pretty far. I just finished the ribs and only have the arms and hands left to do.

One thing that bugs me is that he's... huge. Maybe too huge to use. Anyway, I thought I'd let you be the judge of that.

Here's the head with both open and closed mouth (as well as the Chrono Trigger Tyrano sprites that inspired them):
IPB Image
- I'm not 100% sure on how the closed-mouth one looks. The perspective probably doesn't match the actual Stallord close enough. I wonder if I should make the face shorter by bringing the eyes forward (downward), shortening the jaw, and showing more of the back of the skull instead of just bending it.

Here's the body/ribs:
IPB Image
The front is in the upper-left; the back is in the upper-right; the combined picture (including neck bones) is in the bottom-middle.

I guess maybe placing the head on a few spaces down from what I initially planned (getting rid of some/all of the extra neck bones) might work. What do you think?

#26 beneficial

beneficial

Junior

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:00 AM

It looks really great lightwulf it really does the head looks fine I love it. It is pretty big but I won't know if it will work till i place it on screen ill try it out this afternoon after I get off work

#27 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

Whoa. icon_eek.gif Those are truly incredible. Lightwulf, you are very, very good! Keep up the good work!!

#28 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

... wow. This is... WOW. Do we have permission to use these Lightwulf? They're incredible!

#29 beneficial

beneficial

Junior

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

They truly are beautiful I can't wait to use them

EDIT I PUT THEM ON A SCREEN BUT I CANT EDIT THE PIC ON FOR SOME REASON

Edited by beneficial, 09 August 2012 - 07:45 PM.

#30 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

@beneficial: Um... I don't quite understand what you're saying. I'm not sure if you're having problems grabbing the tiles, or what. However, to avoid any delays, here are the tile page exports in case you need them: Stallord's head, and Stallord's body.
Now, make sure that you have CSet 11 selected before you attempt to import these or there could be problems. (What I mean is press the "+" or "-" keys until CSet 11 is selected; ZQuest starts in CSet 2, so I press "-" until I get to 11.)

@Russ: If anyone wants to use these, just give me credit and it's fine. However, be advised that these tiles aren't complete yet. Not only is size an issue, but I have to finish the arms and hands.

I plan on having more than one position for the hands and arms since they are the most mobile parts of Stallord's body.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users