Cameo Characters

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#1 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:36 PM

Edit:  I am releasing this quest soon.  Please don't add any further requests here.  In the future, I'll open this up for the DX version of my quest, but I'll use a separate thread.

Please see my latest post for an update.

[/Edit]

I really like the idea of having cameos put in a quest. So much so that I decided to do the same thing.

In case you didn't know, I'm working on "The Islands of Zelda" which takes place in a region known as the Far Eastern Islands, far beyond the reaches of Hyrule. There are not many Hyrulians around but plenty of people that get lost at sea. Plus, I'm planning on implementing an Underworld similar to an Overworld. (I haven't seen the idea often, though I've heard others have created one.) I'm thinking of making a special underworld town just for special characters, like maybe "Lost Heroes Town" or "Lost Travelers Town" or something like that, since they would be in the underworld because of exploring and not finding a way out. (If you have suggestions for a better name, please let me know.) For example, I've been thinking of having

Anyway, the point is there are plenty of islands on the overworld and plenty of potential for the underworld that I'm open to anyone who wants to show up. I already have a market town on the overworld with a few houses that I haven't filled yet.

If you're interested, please provide the following:
1. Name you want to be known as in the game.
2. Description or example of what you want your sprite to look like.
3. If I choose you as a speaking NPC, tell me something for your character to say that would be "you". Even a general topic of your interests would do if you don't have a favorite saying.

Feel free to post it here.
(If you want you can PM me the info if you don't want the whole forum to see your info. Just keep in mind that PMs don't count as posts, if you care about that.)

Edited by Lightwulf, 18 June 2014 - 06:08 PM.

#2 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:38 AM

Any room for a shady character hidden in a back alley that has a serious case of 5 o'clock shadow?
Not that I have a shady personality, it just sounds fun. I do have stubble though, lol.

Edit: Hoping for a spot in an underground town.

Edited by Cukeman, 16 September 2011 - 02:02 AM.

#3 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:05 AM

I quickly put this together, using my Merchant sprite as a base:
IPB Image
Does he look shady enough?

#4 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE(Lightwulf @ Sep 16 2011, 12:05 AM) View Post

I quickly put this together, using my Merchant sprite as a base:
IPB Image
Does he look shady enough?

That's awesome. Can you make the beard area a little darker? I usually buzz my hair - which would make the beard appear darker than the top.

Edited by Cukeman, 16 September 2011 - 02:20 AM.

#5 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:38 PM

1. Jared
2. Um...a teenager with glasses? icon_razz.gif
3. Maybe a random town character that's obsessed with video games?

Thank you so much Lightwulf! And just so you know, I was excited for this quest even before this icon_wink.gif

#6 Giggidy

Giggidy

We live for chaos so that we may die for ourselves.

• Banned

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:29 PM

A friendly(ish) tentacle monster hidden somewhere in a dungeon who gives Link a sidequest to kidnap a schoolgirl for it.

#7 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:51 PM

I want to be the schoolgirl that needs to be kidnapped for Giggidy.

#8 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:53 PM

I suppose I will join in as well. Make two sprites for the two men in my avatar picture and call them the Nolornbon brothers. The handsome man with the blonde hair is named Oni Luna and the ugly man with the mohawk is named Cigarhead Bobman. Oni Luna would say, "Hello there, Link. I hope your quest is going well. Remember to live a righteous life and to fight for justice. Be sure to avoid my brother, Cigarhead Bobman. He is a bad man and likes to beat people up." Cigarhead Bobman would say, "What do you want, pretty boy!? Do you wish to die a horrible death!? Come here, punk!" Then he would attack Link and be a very tough foe to beat. The fight with him could take place in a pit. If Link beats him, he will flee like a coward and never be seen again. Oni Luna could then give Link a nice item for dealing with his brother.

How does my cameo sound?

#9 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

1. Nobody (you already know that)
2. This (not finished, but usable)
3. Something mysterious or random or perhaps even evil

Yes, I really want to hype up my upcoming game.

Edited by MoscowModder, 18 September 2011 - 03:00 PM.

#10 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

Name: Daniel Jardinage
Sprite: My avatar is exactly what he looks like. His coat stretches down to about his knees. He wears black pants.
General discussion: He should probably talk about giant robots, whether or not they can exist. If somehow they're possible, that's cool. If not, someone could mention that he's delusional or something. icon_razz.gif He also likes to laugh. :3

#11 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:14 PM

"Poke requested a cameo, and suddenly the whole plot of Lightwulf's quest was ruined by terrible inside jokes and references. the end"
But yeah, I'd like a cameo, just something small. Just like some guy running a shop or something.

#12 Daemon

Daemon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:04 PM

Name: Sebastiano Michelangelo Marcantonio Normandia
Sprite: Italian, preferably with a rapier. Or, if you'd like, just a regular-looking NPC.
Text: "My name is Sebastiano Michelangelo Marcantonio Normandia, and you have killed my brother, prepare to die!!... Wait... No... You're not him..." You can also make any other Inigo Montoya references you so desire. However, I think you understand the premise, at least. Anything else you do with the character is entirely up to you. icon_razz.gif

#13 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:12 AM

Name: bb89
Sprite: A black bishop.
Text: Any chess pun will work.

#14 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:57 AM

Glad to see the interest! I'll be busy for a while. icon_smile.gif

@Giggidy: I'd already considered making a sprite for the Purple Tentacle from Maniac Mansion (NES). I guess you mean a monster w/ tentacles. No problem. Don't know about the sidequest, though. I figure to kidnap a girl the girl would have to be an item to bring back; version 2.10 isn't known for allowing you to create items.

@Nolornbon: Sounds cool. I can definitely have the two guys. However, since I'm using version 2.10, I won't be able to create an enemy. (I'd have to replace one of the existing enemies to do it.) I can still have the second guy say the line, though.
However, it's hard to see his face in the picture in your avatar because of that greenish mist. Is his face blue?

@Pokemonmaster64: How about a Mewtwo sprite? I'd have to make it 16x16, but I think I could do it.

#15 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:58 PM

Yes it could in a very complicated way. Make sure the location the schoolgirl and the tentacle thing in are the same dungeon number then use one timed events by placing the dungeon boss flag on every screen and trigger on the tentacle screen, a kill all enemies item at the little girl screen. Tutorial for one timed events here: http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=37884

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users