The Hero of Dreams

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 23 January 2005 - 05:02 AM

Well I better start talking more about the game since it will be coming out soon. The Hero of Dreams is my first game, however, it is a huge epic game where you will travel through Hyrule and your Dreams. When I say huge, I mean huge. This might be the biggest game to be released. If you played the demo of the game during the Fall Expo, then you will understand. I am making it a huge game because this is how I see my game. If I didn't include everything that I included then I would feel that I cheated you guys. The game should be ready by March, April at the latest. I am currently working on the seventh level and making it as exciting as I can. So after I finish the seventh level and get the pieces together, I will then be looking for testers for the game. Well I am going to add more news about my game in this thread as the weeks go by. Here are some screenshots for all of the screenshot lovers. Enjoy. icon_razz.gif

user posted imageuser posted image

#2 elise

elise

RIP Elise, 7/20/2011 - 49 Years Young.

• Members

Posted 23 January 2005 - 06:38 AM

Can't wait to jump in those screens and play the Quest icon_wink.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

#3 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 23 January 2005 - 08:04 AM

Wow, Shoelace. Those shots are remarkable. I just love how you put in so much detail into each of your shots. I must say that this quest is one of the higher up ones in what I'm waiting to be released. icon_biggrin.gif

But there are a few problems. icon_wink.gif
1. In shot 4, did you make those ladder, or stair tiles? The railings seem a bit.... undetailed. Splatter in some random pixels and that problem will most likely be fixed. icon_smile.gif
2. In the last shot, see how the cliff bulges out? That's nice detail, but if you notice the tiles under it show no effects of the little bulge. It looks a bit odd. icon_shrug.gif

#4 Beachlady

Beachlady

Initiate

• Members

Posted 23 January 2005 - 08:15 AM

Good going Shoelace, Those screenshots are amazing...you have really put a lot of work in your quest

And I just know this will be an awesome quest...
keep up the great work on this quest and finish soon..

This is one quest I have been waiting on to be finished.

icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

#5 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 23 January 2005 - 10:19 AM

icon_drool.gif Whoa. I'm open for testing. Don't mean to brag, but I was one of the testers for MMDWRDC. Just a bit of advice: If you're putting the Purple Mail in the game, have the Red Mail near Level 7. If not, have it between Levels 7 and 8. Make the Blue Mail available after Level 3. And make sure you can get the Magic Sword after Level 5 if the Master Sword is obtainable in the quest.

Where was the Blue Mail in the demo, anyway?

#6 Crackers

Crackers

Senior

• Members

Posted 23 January 2005 - 01:25 PM

Wow, looking good!!! Everyone is going to want to play this one if it's as good as it looks. icon_biggrin.gif

#7 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 23 January 2005 - 02:09 PM

Thanks guys, I have been working really hard on that. I will take your advice LtM, I will do some tile editing. Thanks.

Zmaster, I will keep you in mind when I start looking for testers for my game in a couple of weeks. I will most likely put up a thread or maybe I will just PM you. Also, the blue tunic is going to be available after the fourth level. That is why it is in the demo, it is hidden in the link statue. Play the Ocarina and the warp to it, will open up. Hope that helps. icon_razz.gif

Edited by Shoelace, 23 January 2005 - 02:10 PM.

#8 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

·

• Members

Posted 23 January 2005 - 02:14 PM

Quick comment. (I have to go back outside and shovel piles of snow onto other piles. icon_wacky.gif ) In the " ???? " shot, is Link in Black and White too? I mean, is he supposed to be? You can easily use the Color-Cycling trick to do that. As a matter of fact, even if Link is supposed to be in color, I would still recommend that. If the rest of the dungeon is in total B&W, there's little keeping two copies of Cset 6 out of your color scheme. icon_wink.gif

BTW, Cset 8 cannot be color-cycled, I hope you know. It just can't. .. Though this would be a great chance to test it in ZC 2.10. I still have to do that, actually.

#9 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 23 January 2005 - 02:28 PM

Thanks BH4. BtW, Link is suppose to be in color in the screenshot where it is black and white. I won't give to much away, but just kinda think Wind Waker. icon_razz.gif

Also, I am not very good at color editing and color-cycling. I will experiment with that, after this game. Thanks again.

#10 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 23 January 2005 - 04:11 PM

looks good, this may be one of the few quests not made by me that I'll play and finish. icon_smile.gif

#11 Neptune

Neptune

Grand Overlord Empress

• Forum Moderators

Posted 23 January 2005 - 04:26 PM

Looking superb Shoelace. I love how you put great detail into everything.How many dungeons will it have? Or is that a secret too? I'll certainly be playing this quest when it is released. Awesome work. icon_biggrin.gif

#12 FireStorm

FireStorm

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 23 January 2005 - 04:36 PM

I am in love with all of the shots, but my favorites are the two of the ice dungeon, Rorriow Temple. I like their design, first of all, but then I also like how they're open, and there aren't walls all the way around.
You say you're working on Level 7. Will there just be 7 levels, or the 8 we have come to know in most other quests?
Great work. Please finish. Must play.

#13 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 24 January 2005 - 01:31 AM

Looking really good, Shoelace. icon_wink.gif I hope you learn a lot and go on to make more quests, because HoD is looking to be excellent and yet it is only your first quest.

#14 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 24 January 2005 - 01:45 AM

There are going to be eight levels in this game for sure. I am deciding if I should make a ninth level, however, I will have to move around the storyline a little. Anyways, thanks FireStorm, I am aiming for a very open feeling for the game. DFW, coming from you that means a lot. Thanks again guys.

Edit: Right when I started starting writing this, Radien posted. Thanks Radien. I have learned a ton of stuff. One thing is that was delaying the game was that in August I learned how to do the tiered secerts, which is now my favorite trick. So I went back to my dugeons that I done and added and fixed the level, with the new stuff I learned. I do have more ideas for games and I can't wait to start workin on them. Though, my next quest will be a lot shorter than this one. This one was long because the whole story and design called for it. I was actually thinking of spilting this game into two releases but than decided to keep it together. Anyways, I'll shut up.

Edited by Shoelace, 24 January 2005 - 02:50 AM.

#15 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 24 January 2005 - 03:28 PM

Greatjob shoelace. icon_thumbsup.gif It seems this quest is going to be great. Thought in the lava shot, you didn't add a dmap title so you might want to change that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users