Photo

Progress on my games

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#31 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Administrators

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:52 PM

Sounds good. I like your screens. Hey, why shouldn't we have faith in you? I have one word to say to those who doubt: "Hero of Dreams"

OMFG THAT'S THREE WORDS *dies*

#32 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:35 AM

I'm happy that the EotM wheel rolls again. Also, which of these is true?

1. "I, Shoelace, say that the newest beta is good enough for the smooth making of EotM, it goes like the making of a 2.10 quest."

2. "I, Shoelace, say that there isn't a stable version of ZC now, so I making of EotM goes slow, I modify just a few things per week."

So, are all of your resources turned into making EotM or the beta/alpha you use lets you make progress sloooooowly, like drawing a tree this day, adding one screen another day, embedding midis on the third day, etc...

EDIT: Plus, EotM will be great motivation. I don't feel anymore that HoD can't be topped, but EotM still can get me.

Edited by CastChaos, 26 September 2007 - 05:36 AM.

#33 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 08 November 2007 - 06:44 PM

It is sort of the the middle of those 2 points.

Anyways, here is the progress of my games.

The Autumn Expo is coming up, I was thinking of having a trailer for my game, however, I hard at work on another video that is more important in my opinion and it has to be done by the 12th as that is the release of Mario Galaxy which the whole point of that video. So the storyline and pictures will be shown at the Expo.

Progress did stall for a little bit as I messed up something and had to go back to an old file which made me have a mini break again. But I am back on it, so except lots of news on EotM soon.

#34 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 23 December 2007 - 05:35 PM

I haven't updated this in a long time so, I will tell you what is going on with EotM. The storyline is finalize, the tileset is basically done, so I should be making this game rather quickly now, right? Well, I think is like I have been saying for the past year and a half, I have been waiting for 2.5 for a long time, and the longer I wait for it (My own fault), the more likely I am going to drift away from Zelda Classic.

Well, I never wanted to admit it, however, I am drifting away from it. 2.5 is still not out, and that was basically the reason why my production wasn't going fast, and now I am just tired of waiting. I am focusing more on my videos, and also, once that Stencyl thing gets finished, I will most likely make a game there too.

So I am retiring from Zelda Classic? Hell no. I don't want my last game to be HoD. I wasn't very happy with the final product, because I know I can do a hell of a lot better. And EotM will be my last game in Zelda Classic. I am not going to give up on EotM, it will be released, and it will be my best game, I will promise you that. However, it just won't be made as quickly anymore, because I don't want to spend too much time on ZC, when I have other passions growing.

Again, I still am making EotM, but the information isn't going to be coming out as fast as I want it to, as I am going slower than I normally do. But I am still am a perfectionist, and EotM will be released bugless, and it will fit my vision, or else it won't see the light of day.

#35 Ebola Zaire

Ebola Zaire

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 23 December 2007 - 06:27 PM

Well, 2.5 only has about 20 more bugs left... so I think it's safe to hold your breath for it.

Knock on wood, just to be safe, though.

#36 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:21 AM

Well, I certainly hope 2.5 is released soon, however, what I really meant was, my passion has been dwindling and dwindling waiting for the release of this, that my passion for ZC is nearly at the end of the line. At this point, I don't know if 2.5 will even bring me back in the full swing. :/

#37 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 December 2007 - 07:55 AM

2.5 might seem close, but it seemed the samely close exactly one year ago... Best guess is to develop EotM always on the latest alpha and always keep the last 5 alphas as backups. Of course, it requires high ZC enthusianishm. If you already decided that you will use another game maker program, that's already bad news. You say 2.5 won't possibly bring back your ZC enthusianishm? Well, then the wonderful features of 2.5 are overexciting only for those whos mostly see only 2.10? icon_blink.gif

#38 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:15 PM

Holy cow, I haven't posted here forever. I decided to tell you what is going on.

Like I said in December, I just lost my passion for ZC. And to tell you the truth, I didn't touch ZC since November. After a long break, I looked on the ZC log and saw that jman update it. My reaction: jman is back. O_O And yes that was enough to tell me, ZC 2.5 may be on its way finally. So guess what, I am back. lol. The first thing I had to do, is update a couple of things like the grass as you can tell on the new SotW. I am still not fully all over ZC as I am still waiting for the release of 2.5 to dive head first into it. So I am getting the tileset ready until then. As well as making the overworld. I just don't want to make the strings or any cut scenes as things can change.

Also, HoD 2.5 will be released probably 2 months after the release of 2.5. Ireclan has been working very hard on improving my strings and storyline so that there isn't grammar or spelling mistakes. There will probably be a little bit of bonuses in the game, however, no graphical changes or anything major will be changed. As I said years ago, the 2.5 version will be the easier version that I promised. However, I am thinking of adding an extra level that will be a little hard. So we will see. icon_razz.gif

#39 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:35 PM

No, don't drift away from ZC! Hero of Dreams is one of the best quests ever!

As for HoD 2.5, could you make one graphically improvement? Specifically, the Link sprites. Perhaps you could switch them to DoR Link. but I understand if you don't, seeing made some edits to it for cutscenes.

#40 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

too high for the grocery store

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:13 PM

Get a better version of "Dream On"? *runs* Which is ironic, because I was listening to that after I got out of Church, tonight...

Also, I don't see anything wrong with Pure Link...

Edited by Moonwhisper, 05 March 2008 - 09:13 PM.

#41 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:16 PM

Nice, Shoelace! Now work night and day until it's finished. icon_smile.gif

And I'll go tell the same to the Developers.

#42 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:52 PM

But my Link edits look sexy. >_< lol. Well seriously, I don't think the DoR Link fits what HoD Link looks like. So I think he will stay the same. As well as the Dream on midi. I can't find a better one that then one. It is so sexy in my opinion. But yeah, there is a lot of cutscenes with the Link.

#43 Ebola Zaire

Ebola Zaire

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:25 PM

Yeah, wait 'til 2.5, then you can get burnt out. icon_razz.gif Joking aside, I hope you can get back into the swing of things without any trouble at all.

#44 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Mar 5 2008, 07:52 PM) View Post

But my Link edits look sexy. >_< lol. Well seriously, I don't think the DoR Link fits what HoD Link looks like. So I think he will stay the same. As well as the Dream on midi. I can't find a better one that then one. It is so sexy in my opinion. But yeah, there is a lot of cutscenes with the Link.

First of all, I think you are overusing the word "sexy". icon_razz.gif Second, now that I think, DoR Link doesn't really fit. Maybe you could do some "sexy" edits to Pure Link to make him look better. icon_smile.gif And I don't find anything bad about the Dream On midi. In fact, HoD was the first time I heard it. Then, I was listining to the radio, and I suddenly heard it, and I though I was dreaming because I was hearing music from video games playing on the radio. icon_biggrin.gif

#45 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:54 PM

KEEP PURE LINK!

Yeah, don't change him. He is basically the mascot for HoD. And please make it easier so I can finally beat it. icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users