Are you Ready?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:10 PM

The Hero of Dreams, my first quest on Zelda Classic. I have been working on the game since January 2004 and had the same goal in mind: To make one of the greatest ZC quests to ever be released. Since I was a kid, I have been making video games in my notepad and finally I got to make a quest with the help of Zelda Classic. And hopefully you guys will enjoy the game, with all of the blood and sweat I put into the game.

Anyways, this game isn't the greatest looking game since it has been in the making since 2004. It was being created with the GB tileset, then moved to the first Pure Tileset, and finally to the Pure Tileset Update. Since then a lot of people have been turned off by Pure, but hopefully you will take another look. However, I have tried to make the game as attractive as possible with good design. I won't change the tileset because then the quest will be delayed for months.

The reason why the game took so long to make is because of how huge the game is. I have used every Dmap available, used almost 1500 with its unique storyline, 55 filled maps, etc. Now, hopefully you won't get turned off by the length of the game, because I do have say it will take a long time to beat this game. But hopefully all of the side quests, storyline, and creative puzzles will keep you coming for more. So far my testers have enjoyed their experience, so I know that it will keep a lot of you happy.

About the Game:

The game takes place years and years after the Hero of Courage's adventures (LoZ and Zelda II). It starts off in a small island called, Palm Island. Link, a young teenage boy has been brought up by his mean grandpa is the hero of the game. He has been told that he has the Hero's Blood in his veins by the village, and that if there were any sort of evil, he would have to rise up and save the world. Well his time has come.

When Ganon died, he left behind "The Dark Army". The head of the Dark Army is The Commander, and he has devoted his life to capture Ganon's once treasure, "The Triforce of Power" and get revenge on the people who opposes them. Link through his Dreams and Reality will have to save the world as well as learn his destiny as The Hero of Dreams.

-Travel through huge Forests, islands, caves, deserts, graveyards, Windy Peaks, towns, etc.
-Come face to face to some of the old Hero's of Hyrule.
-Meet different cultures and races of Hyrule.
-Play some great mini games like bow and arrow target practice and rafting.
-See some original puzzles never seen in ZC.
-and More!

Release:

The Hero of Dreams will be released in February, finally. Realistically the game will come out in two to three weeks, depending on how long the testing goes.

Screens:

user posted imageuser posted image

So are you ready?

#2 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:24 PM

WOOT! NEXT UPDATE!
AWSOME PWNAGE SHOELACE!
NOW I WILL UNTIE YOU!

#3 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:24 PM

icon_cry.gif icon_clap.gif icon_cry.gif icon_clap.gif icon_cry.gif icon_clap.gif
^Tears of joy.
I am ready!

#4 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE(XdragonSB @ Jan 29 2006, 06:24 PM)
WOOT! NEXT UPDATE!
AWSOME PWNAGE SHOELACE!
NOW I WILL UNTIE YOU!

View Post

Untie him..? I dont even want to know what you meant by that.

Ive actually been waiting for this quest (which is more than I can say about most) as it seems you have a pretty firm grasp on Zquest, and it dosent look boring like most LoZ quests are. I also love how you change the palletes in every area, and use different rocks for them to, looks b-e-a-utiful.

#5 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:54 PM

Wow.

One of the most eagerly anticipated quests is nearly released;
this is great news.

I am so looking forward to playing it icon_drool.gif .

Edited by Mighty Darknut, 29 January 2006 - 08:55 PM.

#6 Sacred Nym

Sacred Nym

Wizard

• Members

Posted 29 January 2006 - 09:02 PM

GIMME GIMME GIMME!!

#7 Anthus

Anthus

the wild-eyed boy from freecloud

• Forum Moderators

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:02 PM

Finaly icon_razz.gif

I can't wait. This is one quest that I will be sure to finish icon_smile.gif

#8 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:16 PM

Wow... I'm in loss of words here. It's very hard to impress me but I AM impressed by those shots. O_O

Looks like we might have a new Zquest expert in our hands, which is always a dang fantastic thing. icon_wink.gif
Good quests are a rarity nowadays, I hope this one changes it for a while...

#9 Naldrag

Naldrag

Weeb Trash

• Members

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:41 AM

Sounds good, and long..... Whoa, thats a lot of maps and Dmaps. I'm guessing it would take at least 30 hours to beat, but probably more. Probably longer than LttP from how it sounds. This will be something I'll be sure to download.

#10 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE(ZC-Ninja @ Jan 29 2006, 10:39 PM)
Untie him..? I dont even want to know what you meant by that.

View Post

He's a Shoelace. icon_razz.gif

Anyway, this looks pretty solid. It seems like you went for substance over style, too. This is good.

Hopefully, it plays as well. Time will tell.

I'll be downloading it, though.

#11 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:44 PM

Shoelace.. :o These are not the same screens that you posted on GQMR, but they still look great. Can't wait. icon_smile.gif

#12 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:47 PM

Thank you guys. You guys made my day happy. icon_razz.gif Anyways, the game takes me 10-11 hours to beat the game and to get everything. (However, some of the time was looking for bugs longer than usual), So, the game will probably take 20-30 hours to beat. Yep, a long game, however, I have tried my best to make it worth while.

Shoelace.. :o These are not the same screens that you posted on GQMR, but they still look great. Can't wait.

Yeah, I took 30 pictures and put different pictures at different sites, so that there is more of a varity. icon_razz.gif

#13 Boycm92

Boycm92

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:41 PM

Wow, this game is going to be great! One question though icon_confused.gif whens the final beta going to be released for us betatesters? icon_smile.gif

#14 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:47 PM

About time.. =P

I got something to say, this quest is challenging... One big promblem I had while beta-testing is beating dungeons. Isn't like "James Quest 2 hard", but more like confusing dungeons. Very good job ShoeLace on the dungeon designs. Maybe when you release it, I'll get to try those dungeons agian.. xP

So.. good job man. icon_wink.gif

#15 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:28 PM

Wow, this game is going to be great! One question though  whens the final beta going to be released for us betatesters?

Well I am doing last checks on this and adding a hint liberary of the main questions you testers asked me. But, because of school, I gave myself a two week period to finish it. That means, by the latest except it not this Friday, but next Friday.

Also, yeah, I did go a little overboard with the dungeons huh. lol. They are huge dungeons that have new puzzles in them, and one main theme. However, I did listen to you testers and made the first levels a little easier (especally the third), but I didn't want to redo the levels because it would have took longer. But you will notice that throughout the game you can see the puzzles and design gets better. Everyone loved the 6th level so far and I am Proud of the 8th level because of the unique puzzles with the hammer. But yeah, I my opinion the game becomes good to great after the 4th, 5th level.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users