Interview with Shoelace

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 12:00 AM

Hello folks, let me introduce myself, I am the Ronald Randoff. What a week it has been at PureZC. Just last week the Spring Expo opened and there was a lot of great submissions. As the great reporter I am getting the pleasure of interviewing PureZC's own Shoelace. He has two submissions at the Spring Expo: “The Dark Shadow” and “The Hero of Dreams”. Anyways, without anymore delays, here is the interview.

Ronald: Hello and thank you for joining me Shoelace.

Shoelace: !!! Thank you and the pleasure is all yours.

Ronald: And before I start, I must add that you truly are A Sexy Beast.

Shoelace: Uhh.. Thanks, you know, I do work out.

Ronald: Anyways, what a Spring Expo it has been so far! There are some great submissions. What are you looking forward to?

Shoelace: Umm.. You sorta put me on the spot here. Anyways, I haven't been able to play all of the demos as of yet, however, of the ones I have; I can see the next generation of Zquesters is here. Mr. Z has one heck of a demo, and he really knows how to sit the mood in this game. Praethus has a great one on his hands as it looks like a very good group project. Gashin has wowing graphics. Also, Dark Emperor has a huge over world. There are also some great tilesets previews by Radien, FireStorm, and Zemious. To put it in short, there are a lot of things to look forward to by looking at this Expo.

Ronald: Anyways, getting to your projects how did you come up with “The Hero of Dreams”?

Shoelace: Well, I had the very old version of Zquest on my computer for years. However, I didn't know how to play the games. Finally, after reading a tutorial I started to make my first game, or as I call a practice game. After I made two levels, I found PureZC and found out that you change the graphics!!! So I downloaded the new zquest and got the Pure Tileset. At that time, I had the plans for my storyline and such and I started working on “The Hero of Dreams”. This was around January of 2004. The way I came up with it is basically Zelda has always had gimmicks: aLttP -> Dark and Light World, OoT -> Time Travel, MC -> Strinking, MM -> Masks, tWW -> Wind, etc. So, I decided, it would be awesome to go in between the Dreams and Reality to discover his adventure. However, as the certain version is limited on Dmaps, I couldn't do my original plan.

Ronald: What was the original plan?

Shoelace: Well that is top secret because you never know. But you can still look forward to tHoD, because it is a huge epic game. However, I don't know if it will be everyone's cup of tea because it is a huge game. That is why I made “The Dark Shadow” shorter.

Roland: By 'top secret' do you mean that there will be a sequel to “The Hero of Dreams”?

Shoelace: No comment.

Roland: Anyways, you revealed a new game, “The Dark Shadow” at the Spring Expo. Can you tell us more about it?

Shoelace: Well, I love the direction that I am going to take in this game. I don't know if you can see the direction, as it is on the down low. However, the point of this demo is to show the dungeon and the puzzles in it. This is certainly my best work. But at this time, I can't tell you a lot about the game, as it is also top secret.

Roland: Well, are there any other projects you are working on?

Shoelace: Well, I have a lot of new ideas, but I know there is at least one solid game that I know I will make. It is called, “The Quest for Toilet Paper”. However, I may wait for the new version of Zquest because I would hate to switch over to it, in the middle of the game progress.

Roland: Well thanks for the interview and hope that all goes well in your quest. Do you have any last words?

Shoelace: Please play my demo of “The Hero of Dreams” and especially “The Dark Shadow”. I really hope you guys like the demos. icon_razz.gif !!!

Edited by Shoelace, 12 June 2005 - 12:03 AM.

#2 elise

elise

RIP Elise, 7/20/2011 - 49 Years Young.

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 07:03 AM

icon_lol.gif you silly sexy beast go finish that quest icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

#3 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 09:50 AM

Dreams & Reality like the Light & Dark Worlds? Interesting. But not enough Dmaps? Crap.

#4 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:42 AM

Hey, why not make a fake interview. icon_razz.gif I wanted to post a little bit of info about the game, but I thought a fake interview would be a lot more fun. icon_lol.gif

Anyways, hopefully, the new version does have more Dmaps, because I seriously need more.

#5 Exate

Exate

~

• Members

Posted 13 June 2005 - 01:04 AM

We've alreayd nagged DN to boost it to at least 500, but it still hasn't been done. icon_aggravated.gif And I'm going to need them in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users