HoD's Testing Thread

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#31 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 14 March 2005 - 04:50 PM

Hero Link doesn't check his PMs, DragonBoy can't find the Big Key... what next?

The demo ends once you get out of the Moblin forest after beating Level 2.

#32 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 14 March 2005 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE(zmaster @ Mar 14 2005, 02:50 PM)
Hero Link doesn't check his PMs, DragonBoy can't find the Big Key... what next?

The demo ends once you get out of the Moblin forest after beating Level 2.

Um..I said I founded it already. I just need to get to the boss now.

#33 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 16 March 2005 - 09:11 AM

It involves the r***, clogging up some drains, and a switch on the right side.

Ah who am I kidding? Everyone knows it's the raft.

#34 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 22 March 2005 - 08:52 PM

(hears crickets) Helooo? Anybody out there?

#35 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 23 March 2005 - 12:54 AM

I hear the crickets too. icon_razz.gif

Well the next beta will be released sometime in the beginning of April. After the second level the land of Hyrule really opens up and I want to make sure that all of the caves and houses are ready for the beta. I also haven't finished two of the custom bosses, however, the tiles and plans are ready to go. So I hope you guys can wait for a bit until you play the next two chapters of "The Hero of Dreams". icon_thumbsup.gif

#36 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 23 March 2005 - 09:44 PM

You too, huh? icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

What's the White Sword minidungeon gonna be like?

#37 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 23 March 2005 - 11:19 PM

Well the white sword dungeon was a very early test dungeon that I decided not to erase. I updated it a little however, it is still not as good as any other dungeon so don't expect much. The third and fourth level are somewhat cool also. I think that the later levels are my best since now I am starting to find my groove. I think my next game will shine through my advantanges since this game will show some of my disadvantanges since it is my first game. That is why I need suggestions on things that weren't that good.

#38 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 28 March 2005 - 12:03 AM

Suggestion: the Cave of Flames midi from TMC for Level 3. It would fit perectly based upon those shots you've been showing.

And what's this "Level 8" you're now working on?

#39 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 31 March 2005 - 06:04 PM

Suggestion: the Cave of Flames midi from TMC for Level 3. It would fit perectly based upon those shots you've been showing.

Again, can you give me the suggestion of the levels that you have been in? For example if you think there is a better midi for Level 2, or the caves, etc. then please give me the suggestion. However, you haven't heard the Level 3 song or the seen the level. Thanks, but I will download the Cave of Flames midi just in case.

And what's this "Level 8" you're now working on?

Well, I am working on a lot of things at the moment. Level 8 has been all planned out, but I am not going to reveal the eighth level just yet. Anyways, level 1-7 are basically done. I just need to work out the bugs and such. I have finished the look of Link.

The reason why the new beta is taking to long besides my homework, is because after the second level, the game really opens up. Most of the areas are opened up. So I want the houses, caves, fairy caves, bomb upgrades to be done before I release the new beta. So in other words, this is a long process. The new beta will be released sometime is April, most likely the middle of April.

#40 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 01 April 2005 - 09:35 PM

Good luck finding it. I can't. Know anywhere else besides VGMusic?

#41 Neptune

Neptune

Grand Overlord Empress

• Forum Moderators

Posted 02 April 2005 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE(zmaster @ Mar 14 2005, 04:50 PM)
Hero Link doesn't check his PMs.

Busy with life... I did know about it right away, but I am either rushed on this and that. Trying to find a place to live is quite hard, okidoke?

Now on with business. I have been playing through it for the billionth time, and I am just starting with Moblin Forest. I read through all of these posts and I made sure I wasn't going to double up on bugs. I did end up finding most of them, but I did not find any others than what's been mentioned so far. Sorry I haven't been around doing my job, but life is getting the best of me at the moment. I shall do much better on the next beta.

EDIT: Ok, I guess I may have found one that may or may not be a bug, but it does sound a bit funny. In the 2nd dream sequence, with the King speaking, he says, "Guard: King Sario, the Darknuts won. All of the villages fled, we must." on the first part of the message. I'm not sure, but I think villages, would make more sense as villagers. I'm thinking you meant to make it villagers, but must have missed it while typing or something.

#42 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:12 AM

Gotcha there.

#43 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:05 PM

It is okay Hero_Link. If things seem to rush you don't have to test if you don't want to, it isn't a job. Just wait until the next beta like you said. icon_wink.gif

#44 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:08 PM

Beta 2 Progress?

#45 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 03 April 2005 - 12:56 AM

The beta is coming along. As I said in my other post, it will be done in the middle of April because almost everything has to be ready. So, it may even take as long as the end of April. After that, the next two betas will be quick. icon_thumbsup.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users