Photo

HoD's Testing Thread

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#181 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:18 PM

So, what's the timeframe on the public release?

#182 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 19 March 2006 - 03:10 PM

Hello all!

Shoelace is back from his week and a half spring break. I swear I thought I was going to have internet at my mom's house to send the game to the testers, but I didn't. Sorry. That's sad, I am become a mod and on my first week I wasn't even here. icon_frown.gif Anyways, now that I am back I will send the game to you guys, however, a little later on (at the night) because I have things to do. Anyways, the beta will be a full version of the game (not the final version because of bugs you may find). And hopefully the testing goes well and it can be released later this week; Friday or Saturday.

So, now I need to eat, unpack, and sort some things out. But I am glad to be back. icon_razz.gif

#183 Boycm92

Boycm92

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:10 PM

(Boss screen) <-- I edited it, because of spoiler. --Shoelace

You didn't set a tile warp shoelace.

Only Major Bug right now Shoelace, ok! icon_wink.gif

#184 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:49 PM

uhm...
level two, the area right next to the cell (go left) there are black tiles on teh floor.

#185 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:25 PM

Ouch.

I erased a lot of tiles and a lot of midis that were unneeded to cut down on size. So far, I must have erased those floor tiles that XdragonSB pointed out, and also I erased Citadel's midi. I shall fix this though. Thanks.

#186 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 25 March 2006 - 02:53 AM

Well so far, Boycm92 is the only one who finished the game. I went through the game and fixed a few minor bugs and polished a few things. So that makes me and Boycm92 the only ones that finished the game. Also it has been 4 days since the last bug posted here. So does that mean it is bug free?

Then I am thinking I will release it on Saturday then, most likely at the night as I will await any new bugs. Taku is still playing it and I know Dark Emperor will post his and XdragonSB is banned, so I don't know if he is still testing it. So if you are reading this, post the bugs to the point where you are at very soon. I guess I can always update the game in the database later if there are bugs.

Also, I added Sephiroth to the testing team, yesterday. He is at the 4th level and actually found a major bug. :O Anyways, I fixed it, so no worries.

Anyways, I will be sending you guys PM's soon on suggestions about me and my game, so I can improve. Thanks a lot for all of your work.

Seems like I am forgetting something, but oh well. Please send in bugs! Thanks.

#187 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Mar 25 2006, 02:53 AM)
Well so far, Boycm92 is the only one who finished the game.  I went through the game and fixed a few minor bugs and polished a few things.  So that makes me and Boycm92 that finished the game.  Also it has been 4 days since the last bug posted here.  So does that mean it is bug free? 

When I am thinking I will release it on Saturday then
, most likely at the night as I will await any new bugs.  Taku is still playing it and I know Dark Emperor will post his and XdragonSB is banned, so I don't know if he is still testing it.  So if you are reading this, post the bugs to the point where you are at very soon.  I guess I can always update the game in the database later if there are bugs. 

Also, I added Sephiroth to the testing team, yesterday.  He is at the 4th level and actually found a major bug. :O It wasn't game stoping but still not good.  Anyways, I fixed it, so no worries.

Anyways, I will be sending you guys PM's soon on suggestions about me and my game, so I can improve.  Thanks a lot for all of your work. 

Seems like I am forgetting something, but oh well.  Please send in bugs!  Thanks.

View Post

This saturday? Today? or next Saturday? I wanna play this game icon_heh.gif

#188 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:04 AM

I mean today, I guess. But since I will upload it tonight, it probably won't be on it until Sunday. I don't know how long submissions usually take because I only send it one before.

#189 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 25 March 2006 - 09:09 AM

Why don't you create a small "download site" for HoD? That's what I did when I released DWR.
Sometimes the Site Staff here is quick and they update the submissions soon, but sometimes it can take a week for them to do anything!

#190 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 25 March 2006 - 08:03 PM

Geez, die anywhere in the final dungeon and ya have to start all over... How 'bout making shortcuts & a potion shop somewhere around?

And also, maybe you could use the Hideout Helm theme from DK64 for aforementioned final dungeon.

#191 Dark Emperor

Dark Emperor

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:05 AM

Shoelace: Some minutes ago I've uploaded my betatesting report of the "Hero of Dreams", by now you should have received my PM with the link to that report. I've found some bugs, but most of those bugs were actually minor. I really enjoyed playing the "Hero of Dreams", there is a possibility to explore the overworld, there are some very good challenges and side-quests and of course you've the story. Sometimes I had a little bit trouble with the difficulty, at some places I died a little bit too much. Maybe you should make some things a little easier. If you want then I can send a list of examples to you. But all in all this is a very good quest and I recommend people to play this. And if you die then remember to keep going, eventually you'll reach your goal. You've done a very good job at creating this quest. icon_thumbsup.gif

#192 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:32 PM

Yeah, when I first was making this, I decided that people have to die in order to reach their goal. I am a huge NES fan and I noticed that games are a little too easy. So I made it hard. However, I realized maybe that was a bad idea. So when I was making the 6th level I toned everything tone a notch (The game was harder than it is right now). I actually toned things a lot. Anyways, I do encourage people to try and try again if you die. You will get it, if you understand why you died.

With that said, I am already starting to make my other games easier for everyone. It is my first quest, and I made some mistakes, but I didn't want to go back and change too much on my game. I guess this game will be the epic quest then. With this being said, I don't think it is as hard as those ones that zmaster 0ed, however, I still don't think anyone will 0 this game. With that said, after I look at your bugs Dark Emperor, I am downloading the game. Thanks for your hard work testers.

--Shoelace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users