HoD's Testing Thread

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#1 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 07 March 2005 - 07:30 PM

Hey testers, I gave you guys all of the information in the PM, if you haven't recieved anything, then PM me and I will give you game. Anyways, as you know, I delayed the game until a couple monthes. I don't know when it will come out, maybe around May. So the testing is going to go a little slow since there is a lot of time left. I just want you guys to test everything through the first and second level. After the second level, stop and wait for the next beta. The next beta will be the next two levels and so on.

-A couple of notes is that Hyrule Field is not completed yet. There are no bad guys and the most of the houses are not made yet.

-The three main areas that I want to be tested are Palm Island, Moblin Forest, and The dreams.

-Any bugs such as: Spelling errors, undercombos, graphic errors, warp, layers, etc. just post them here.

Enjoy guys, and take your time, I am in no rush.

#2 Dark Emperor

Dark Emperor

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 09 March 2005 - 10:46 AM

Here are the (minor) bugs which I have found in the first two chapters of "The Hero of Dreams":
--------------------
Palmecia Island - The sign left of Link's house don't work, the enemies disappear but the text don't appear.

Ruto's House - In one screen there is a crack in the wall but if you blow it up a plain wall appear and not a normal bomb hole.

Temporary buttons under things - I have encountered in Donmore's Cave, in Island Sorrow, in the Wondering Tree and in Fort Wolfbin some temporary buttons which wouldn't change if you stand on them. In Donmore's Cave I found only one temporary button which wouldn't change, it's located at the exit. In Island Sorrow I found three temporary buttons which wouldn't change, the first one is located in the room above the big chest, the second one is located in the room with the explanation about fairy water and the thirth one is located in the room where you have to blow up a statue to reach the chest (this one is different of the others). In the Wondering Tree I found only one temporary button which wouldn't change, it's located 2 rooms before the moblin mini-boss. In Fort Wolfbin I found two temporary buttons which wouldn't change, the first one is located in the room below the prison and the second one is located in the room left of the room with big chest (bow).

I have a idea how to fix those temporary button bugs:
You can set the under combo (the temporary button tile) at secret tile 16 and the under combo of the temporary button (the under combo which have to appear if you stand on the button) at secret tile 17. Then you must press Ctrl and click with you mouse on secret tile 16, a list will then appear, select in that list secret tile 17. After that you have to place the flag secret tile 16 where the under combo has to appear and then your are done. To fix the fix the temporary button under the statue which you have to blow up you can set the under combo (the temporary button tile)at bomb and the under combo of the temporary button (the under combo which have to appear if you stand on the button) at secret tile 16. Then you must press Ctrl and click with you mouse on bomb, a list will then appear, select in that list secret tile 16. After that you have to place the flag bomb where the under combo has to appear and then your are done.

Triforce - If link get a Triforce don't hold him above his head but he stand with his face to the right.

Second dream - You have forgot to place the undercombo for some bushes in one screen (I don't know exactly where).

The cutscene in the second dream - Gaurd: Hey, those green clothes... sword... sheild. Link, he's back! sheild = shield

Hyrule Field - There's a bridge where you can't walk over, if you are going the cross the bridge Link walk under the bridge and not over the bridge. The bridge is located two screens left of the gray house (the first house you see if you reach Hyrule Field).

Sunni & Bono - If you walk to them they don't speak with you, I think that the reason for this is that you haven't created the not all houses in Hyrule Field like you said before in this topic.

TreeTop Village - You have forgotten to place the right under combo's in the screen above the house of the Zora.

Moblin Forest - You have forgotten to place the right under combo's, this screen is located 2 screens above the northern village (TreeTop Village) exit.

Moblin Forest - You have forgotten to place the right under combo's, it's located 1 screen left of the south-eastern village (TreeTop Village) exit.

Lost Woods - The gaurd in the Lost Woods don't speak, this screen is located 1 screen from the entrance of the Lost Woods.

Fort Wolfbin - You have forgotten to place the right under combo's in the big room (B3)
--------------------
"The Hero of Dreams" is a very good quest. The dungeons where very good, they where challanging and also the bosses at the end of the dungeons where very good. The quest have a good story and you have to explore in the overworld which makes the quest more interesting. icon_thumbsup.gif

EDIT: I found a little spelling mistake in my post.

Edited by Dark Emperor, 11 March 2005 - 10:14 AM.

#3 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 09 March 2005 - 05:44 PM

Man Shoelace, you have alot of Ideas I had in my quest..I have to change them now. icon_razz.gif

Link's Dream: In the nightmare, you would see the tall grass a diffrent color.

Robins: In the kid, the furniture would disappear when you talked with him.

Also, how did you make the knights in the dream disappear after the talk? That was cool idea. icon_biggrin.gif

#4 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 09 March 2005 - 05:54 PM

How do you go on in Level 2 besides that entrace in the NW and the "slammer"?

#5 elise

elise

RIP Elise, 7/20/2011 - 49 Years Young.

• Members

Posted 09 March 2005 - 06:01 PM

Z master
to get in the right part of the dungeon hit the big skeleton in the room with the belts

#6 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 09 March 2005 - 09:27 PM

Sorry about the rushed post. I had to go somewhere and my mom started threatening. icon_lol.gif Anyway, all the bugs I've found have been previously mentioned. Although did you notice that when you talk to the guard the music switches? Just change the Dmap for the warp. And the Triforce bug is with every other holdable item too.

The Magic Shield seems kinda pricey. How 'bout dropping the price to say, 150 or 175?

Edited by zmaster, 09 March 2005 - 09:31 PM.

#7 Highsight

Highsight

Jake Wins

• Members

Posted 09 March 2005 - 10:26 PM

I have found quite a few errors. However (like with all of my betas) I am going to have to finish the beta and compile a report. So just give me a while and you will get a nice little report. ^_^

#8 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 05:46 PM

Beat the demo. I died once (stupid Wolfblin). Once I found that burnable tree in the dead-end with all the flowers, everything else pretty much fell into place.

Hey Shoelace, y'know the Boss Key is supposed to be on CSet 8, not 11. It looks kinda strange.

And the first boss seemed kinda weird. Was that supposed to be Facade? I have a suggestion for a good replacement: Vitreous (aka the Misery Mire boss from LttP). You could keep everything else the same (except the boss's graphics. of course).

Also, a boss meter would be helpful. Y'know, so you can see how much longer you have to go before you beat the thing.

pant pant... I'm almost finished here. In the dream after Level 2 I felt like I was playing "Dodge the Darknut".

Edited by zmaster, 10 March 2005 - 05:50 PM.

#9 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 08:05 PM

I trying to beat the demo but the first level is confusing, where do I get the R###?(trying not to spoil anything)

#10 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 11:07 PM

I trying to beat the demo but the first level is confusing, where do I get the R###?(trying not to spoil anything)[/B]

Well after you get the master key and the other item you have to go to the lower level where you get the compass. Just follow the path and you will find it. icon_razz.gif

The Magic Shield seems kinda pricey. How 'bout dropping the price to say, 150 or 175?

The thing is that you can find the magic shield pretty early and since there isn't Like Like's until the third level, I say the price is okay with me. Once there are Like Like's the price will go down.

I have found quite a few errors. However (like with all of my betas) I am going to have to finish the beta and compile a report. So just give me a while and you will get a nice little report. ^_^

Don't worry, take your time. The next beta won't be until maybe the beginning of April so take your time.

Also, thanks for the bugs. I am fixing them so they should be cleared for the next beta. Also, I didn't finish editing Link's tiles as you can tell (When Link picks up the triforce and you can't see the sword when you walk to the side). However, they should be finished by the next one.

Also did you guys like the game? I just wanted to know if you like the course of the game and if the story goes with the surroundings. Just so I know what I should improve on for my next game. icon_razz.gif

Thanks Dark Emperor, I am glad you enjoyed it thus far. It will get a little harder for the next two chapters of "The Hero of Dreams" and I lot more exploring. Thanks again.

And the first boss seemed kinda weird. Was that supposed to be Facade? I have a suggestion for a good replacement: Vitreous (aka the Misery Mire boss from LttP). You could keep everything else the same (except the boss's graphics. of course).

No, that wasn't suppose to be Facade as I still may put him in the game. It did look a little weird, however, that is me and my great tile making skills. I may leave it the same thing, unless everyone starts saying that it isn't good, but I will look at the Misery Mire boss. icon_thumbsup.gif

#11 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 11 March 2005 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Mar 10 2005, 09:07 PM)
Don't worry, take your time.  The next beta won't be until maybe the beginning of April so take your time.

Aw, come on... why that late?

#12 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 11 March 2005 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE(zmaster @ Mar 11 2005, 05:39 PM)
Aw, come on... why that late?

Didn't he tell you already? icon_eyebrow.gif He said he has more improtant things to do(Homework) then to get a beta out agian. icon_wink.gif

#13 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 12 March 2005 - 08:15 AM

Whoops! I forgot. icon_lol.gif Just want to continue further. The first beta was that good.

#14 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 12 March 2005 - 07:23 PM

Thanks zmaster. icon_razz.gif

Homework is taking a lot of time away for me, but this week is spring break so I get to work on my game a lot more. Anyways, this week I didn't really work on my game except for fixing the bugs. I think I also needed a little week break too. Today, I started to work on it again so, yeah expect the next beta to be ready for April. icon_thumbsup.gif

#15 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 12 March 2005 - 10:07 PM

Ha ha! I get two weeks! Okay, so it's Spring Break and Easter Break combined. icon_eyebrow.gif And it's probably that long because I got robbed outa half a week of Christmas Break.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users