HoD's Mood Factor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 23 February 2005 - 12:51 AM

In the Hero of Dreams I tryed to add a lot of extras so the game wouldn't be the same old thing, and I wanted to show you guys one of the extras. I call it the mood factor. In different parts of the game Link's mood will change and you can see what Link's mood is throughout the game by looking at the big map. Also, as another bonus, I have different thoughts of what Link is thinking of for example in these pictures he is thinking: "Life is like a box of Lon Lon Milk" & "I do like the girls". I thought that it would be funny if I added that to my game because I sure enjoy it. icon_razz.gif

So if you guys have some sayings or some moods that I should add, (I have happy, sad, sleeping, mad, scared, laughing) tell me so I can add it to my game. Here are the pictures:

user posted imageuser posted image

#2 Neptune

Neptune

Grand Overlord Empress

• Forum Moderators

Posted 23 February 2005 - 12:55 AM

That's some good thinking there Shoelace. Very original, and I like it. If I come up with some sayings, I'll be sure to tell you.

#3 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

ยท

• Members

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:05 AM

Ah, the mood factor. Extraordinary, Shoelace! Simply extraordinary. If you ask me though, the mood factor, or at least another one, can be seen in the graveyard. If only you had a better piece of music for it. Notice how you made the ghosts of people disappear when you approach them. THAT, is just about the single most dramatic thing I've ever seen in a ZC Quest, without exaggeration. Seriously. If you could get a (sadly nonexistent) theme like the Four Sword Adventures Swamp Level theme, that would be the absolute perfect theme for it. You could suck up the drama with a friggin vacuum. icon_thumbsup.gif icon_snide.gif

Yes, never doubt the power of drama.

#4 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:15 AM

Heh, that's a fun thing to do... ^_^ It certainly does make up for the lack of facial expressions in most quests, due to the tiny sprites and the limitations of the Link tiles.

Actually, this gives me an idea... I don't intend to steal your "moods" idea, but having a character portrait for the subscreen is rather nifty. That was done in Alundra, in fact. (Is it any surprise I'm bringing this up? icon_rolleyes.gif) The character Alundra doesn't have any dialog (yes, another victim of Mute Hero Syndrome), which means there's no chance to show the character portrait that usually accompanies dialog boxes. So, they simply have it appear whenever you open up the item select menu. Very similar indeed.

#5 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 24 February 2005 - 06:03 PM

In those "dream" areas you cauld have Link look confused and have a question mark above his head icon_lol.gif .

PolygonX8 could probably draw a better Link face for you.

Edited by zmaster, 24 February 2005 - 06:06 PM.

#6 Highsight

Highsight

Jake Wins

• Members

Posted 24 February 2005 - 06:08 PM

Very interesting idea. I think that this would make the quest more interesting. Good luck with that. ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users