Normal / Heroic Mode

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 17 July 2021 - 11:37 AM

Hey guys i would like to ask a global script request for a feature of my current quest. 

I was thinking about having 2 difficulty modes for this quest. The first one is called the "Normal Mode" which is the difficulty by default, and the "Heroic Mode". The "Heroic Mode" would be a hardcore difficulty that not only enemies is strongers and double damage the player but they gains double defense which means that they'll take more hits before dying compared to the "Normal Mode". In the "Heroic Mode" the player won't gain any health even if it's in the "item drop" but still can have Heart Container, some Heart Pieces, or blue/red potions.

Well anyway: I was thinking that to activate the "Heroic Mode" the player would have to press B button (while the player would have to press A button to activate "Normal Mode".) (this one would use a ffc for a specific room (a title screen by preference) and after that the "Auto side warp" would be activated. 

Here's an example of the screen.

Edit: L button would serve to activate the Easy Mode as TheRock has suggested.

210717094918705760.png

Edited by Sans, 17 July 2021 - 02:36 PM.

#2 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 17 July 2021 - 11:46 AM

I want a easy mode too. Easy mode would just make the player take half damage and the L button would be pressed on the title screen to make easy mode happen.  

Edited by TheRock, 17 July 2021 - 11:56 AM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#3 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 17 July 2021 - 02:37 PM

I've edited the post and the image.

#4 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 17 July 2021 - 03:13 PM

Did you see this?

#5 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 17 July 2021 - 04:46 PM

Well about that... i just tried this one but i really need help. The script seems to works just fine and the warp and the selection as well but the enemies doesn't seems to double damage Link in "Heroic Mode" (i tried it with the Very Hard Mode to see how it does. same thing.) . I tested the "Easy Mode" and Link takes less damages then normally he would do in the Normal Mode. It was intended ? 

#6 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 17 July 2021 - 09:36 PM

I'd recommend adding a confirmation dialogue or something just so people don't pick the wrong one by accident, given that this is a bit non-standard menu select.

#7 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 17 July 2021 - 10:51 PM

I guess so. But the good new is that i was been able to let the player change the difficulty in the game in case peoples would pick the wrong difficulty by accident. In the basement of the house of the player i've put a portal there and a "black" room with the ffc of the difficulty selection. When the player select the difficulty they simply returns to the basement. I've tested it and it surprisely works. Well all of them works except the "hard mode" one that doesn't double damage to the player nor double defenses of enemies. 

... You may think it's dumb and stuff but i just noticed something... In my quest when i choose the "Easy Mode" not only i take less damage and kills the enemies much easier (which really help :P ), but i got infinite bombs, rupees, and keys. Something that it wasn't supposed to happens right now as i followed the instruction like the example version of the difficulty quest. 

Edited by Sans, 18 July 2021 - 12:45 AM.

#8 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 18 July 2021 - 08:07 AM

Hey guys i would like to ask a global script request for a feature of my current quest. 

I was thinking about having 2 difficulty modes for this quest. The first one is called the "Normal Mode" which is the difficulty by default, and the "Heroic Mode". The "Heroic Mode" would be a hardcore difficulty that not only enemies is strongers and double damage the player but they gains double defense which means that they'll take more hits before dying compared to the "Normal Mode". In the "Heroic Mode" the player won't gain any health even if it's in the "item drop" but still can have Heart Container, some Heart Pieces, or blue/red potions.

This all sounds quite possible in 2.55. Doubling enemies' damage would best be done by halving the players' defense; just have the player take half damage in normal mode, and remove that for hero mode.
Enemies gaining double defense, isn't really that doable. But, you can halve the player's damage instead, to the same effect.

Well anyway: I was thinking that to activate the "Heroic Mode" the player would have to press B button (while the player would have to press A button to activate "Normal Mode".) (this one would use a ffc for a specific room (a title screen by preference) and after that the "Auto side warp" would be activated.

NO. A title screen can be done using the global 'OnLaunch' script. Don't use an FFC. Also, just pressing different buttons sounds terrible; it would make far more sense to, you know, have a menu? Like most menus, so you just use the directions to pick an option?

#9 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 04 November 2021 - 06:08 PM

I see. Sorry for the lack of response. I still get the same problem. (Which is that the Easy Mode gives infinite rupees, bombs, and key. And the Hard Mode that does absolutely nothing at all.) I've checked every single corner of the scripts and the set up of the script, and the demo itself but nothing has changed. I really need a help to get that thing working. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users