More new enemies

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RetraRoyale

RetraRoyale

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:07 PM

I've had a fairly productive week. Almost caught up to last summer's productivity levels!

To celebrate I am going to show off one of the first things I made for this tileset:

Posted Image

These are 8-frame animated LttP water tiles! I have the whole set. On the bottom-right, you can see my shmancy beach tiles. (They fill up the next two tile pages, too.) There are straght, angled, and cliff-intersect versions of those. The waterfall tiles were a little tricky, and I'm not sure the edge pieces (not seen here) are that great, since they violate the conservation of pixel flow. But they look better than LttP's did; those weren't even animated at all. (I think. I could be mistaken.)

I made those beach tiles back in 2002. They were my first animated tiles. I thought "Wholey craps, I am good at animating waters. I should make a whole tileset for my new quest!"

And here we are today: the quest has been redesigned numerous times, and the palette has been changed thrice. It's not the greatest palette structure. It's a little inefficient and clunky, but it's very self-consistent and logical.

I also dropped some more expositional info about the quest in the comments section, since I didn't want those thoughts to go to waste. But I didn't even get 'em wrote down the best anyhow, so that's that.

Changes:

::June 14, 2014::{
Fixed some errors in the Link tiles and added shields.
Added a few mermaids. Animation seems difficult...
Added a red wizrobe, since the orange one wasn't cutting it for me.
Added a magic effect for enemy projectiles. It's a recolor of some FF6 spinning slashies. Looks pretty good.
}

::June 15, 2014::{
Added some stuff from DOR-Hybrid.
Added and recolored diving scales.
}

::June 16, 2014::{
Added new boulders.
Added new keese.
Added singing girl.
Worked on adding frames to the chaser trap. Just need to assemble them...
}

::June 17, 2014::{
Repositioned Link's shield in left-right movement frames. The shield still probably moves too much, but it is quite a bit more smooth.
Finished Cuccos, Roosters, and Undead Cuccos.
Fixed errors in the Rope tiles.
Rebuilt Zols by recoloring MC tiles.
Recolored rats, bombchus, and super-bombchus. Also added feet to them.
Made lava boulders.
Added new wizrobes.
Recolored and added new frames to floaty-eye enemies.
}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users