Photo

Screenshot of the Week 86

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite screenshot. (66 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 drari

drari

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 08:00 PM

Gashin killed me this week... Even I would have voted for Gashin if I had not entered.
The large trees and the house were just outstanding.

Off topic: I changed my avatar!

#17 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 08:18 PM

Who didn't vote for gashin...-_-

#18 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 08:27 PM

My vote is for gashin.

#19 Takuya

Takuya

spirit of fire

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 09:05 PM

Gashin, your shot, .... .. PWN ME! PWN ME NOW!

icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif
icon_heh.gif

#20 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 17 April 2005 - 11:50 PM

Here is my two cents once again.

Drari: Pretty good. The water is plain, the custom is good. You are getting a lot better at the screen layout but maybe needs a little bit more. But you are improving.

Gashin: I think it is perfect. I like the Minish Cap tiles that are thrown in the picture. It fits. You have to release that tileset. I will make a game in that tileset. Anyways, great job. icon_thumbsup.gif *votes*

Hunter P Brown: I laughed at the name of the dungeon. This is an okay picture. It is a little plain, but it is not bad.

Linkman90: You have a lot of great pictures, however, I don't like this one. The reason I didn't vote for it is because it had nothing goes on, except water. Don't get me wrong, I like the water, however, it seems that the only thing the picture shows off is the waterfall. The rest of the picture is plain.

OMEG: This is an okay layout. I have to say that this is the first time I have seen the character walk on the roof. The only thing is that it lacks details on the ground and the grass.

PolygonX8: What can I say, it has shy guys. This picture has a good layout and would have gotten my second vote.

venom343: As a screen, I don't like it. It lacks detail and layout. If it would have had those two things, it would have been up there in SotW.

Zemious: I like the sky and water tiles. A lot better than the trees in Pure. Anyways, the lava is plain, and I don't like it. The lava took too much from the screen.

Anyways, that is my two cents. I will be entering the SotW next week. Lets see if I can finally get a win. I like my new shots. So hopefully there is good competition next week.

#21 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 03:58 AM

I wub Gashins shot. /me votiates!

#22 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:21 AM

Shoelance said:
Zemious: I like the sky and water tiles. A lot better than the trees in Pure. Anyways, the lava is plain, and I don't like it. The lava took too much from the screen.

Atleast you can see that its lava. icon_wink.gif I am going to have to get some better lava tiles, this screen is actually from my ...
you will have to see very soon.

#23 Hero_of_Hyrule

Hero_of_Hyrule

Wizard

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 07:07 PM

Without a doubt, Gashin's shot gets my vote. icon_thumbsup.gif

#24 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 07:19 PM

I am going to comment on the shot that I felt deserved to win. At the moment, I personally believe (Meaning I and I alone.) that the boss battle is a sincerely dire time in anyone's questing experience. Drari's boss battle has the terrain very well set. I love how the ocean is to the left underneath the (Water?)Dragon, as well as the surrounding cliffs. Very well done.

However, my vote went to Venom for his Sephiroth tiles, and particularly, the fireball / explosion tiles. If you could use PolygonX8's explosion tiles, that boss battle would be one to remember. ... Assuming it IS a boss battle.

Yeah. I'd play that.

( ^ My official seal of approval. )

#25 DragonAtma

DragonAtma

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 12:37 AM

It came down to Gashin and Exate. Exate flatly refused to help me with tilemaking, so I voted for Gashin. ;(

#26 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE(DragonAtma @ Apr 18 2005, 10:37 PM)
It came down to Gashin and Exate. Exate flatly refused to help me with tilemaking, so I voted for Gashin. ;(

You would've voted for him anyways. icon_blah.gif

And that is pretty... messed up. You vote for what you favor, not because somebody won't help you with something. I'm sorry DA, but I have schoolwork and quests of my own+tons of custom bosses to sprite out.

I knew Gashin was going to win... but this crazily?! He'll be 1st in no time. Watch out, Prince...

#27 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:02 PM

Yeah, he is getting close. In fact if he gets 16 more votes, my rank will drop. I guess I can't be ranked number one forever.

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

#28 DragonAtma

DragonAtma

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE(PolygonX8 @ Apr 19 2005, 02:45 PM)
You would've voted for him anyways. icon_blah.gif

And that is pretty... messed up. You vote for what you favor, not because somebody won't help you with something. I'm sorry DA, but I have schoolwork and quests of my own+tons of custom bosses to sprite out.

I knew Gashin was going to win... but this crazily?! He'll be 1st in no time. Watch out, Prince...

Actually, it was way too close. If there were no outside influences I would've either flipped a coin or (more likely) not voted.

#29 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE(PrinceMSC)
Yeah, he is getting close. In fact if he gets 16 more votes, my rank will drop. I guess I can't be ranked number one forever.

Heh, he ain't getting that much more this week. And... you just need to crank out some AI shots we can drool over. icon_smile.gif

#30 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:07 PM

Yeah... well the thing is, if I do show AI shots and they go on to win SotM, then I'm just going to load myself up with shots for SotY. I don't want to have SotY just for me. It would be kind of pointless. icon_shrug.gif

However, I know I will show one more AI shot before SotY. The shot that I plan on showing, should win SotY. Heh, but what the hell do I know. icon_razz.gif

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users